Topic: Football Thread (formally Soccer Thread)

Offline jok3ryo

• I Posted!
  • jok3ryo has no influence.
shot, man united 0 - 4 west ham.

terrible.

Reply #1250 Posted: December 01, 2010, 10:42:23 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
And on this day (not actually this day) Arsenal ended their trophy drought.

;)

Reply #1251 Posted: December 02, 2010, 02:17:43 am

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
  • Wandarah has no influence.
Yeah, unfortunately we all fuckin' shot ourselves in the face by calling the Spuds cunts for winning a 'Mickey Mouse Cup'.

Then again, if *we* win it, then it will be awesome.

Reply #1252 Posted: December 02, 2010, 03:32:31 pm
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Fuck em, that was last year when it did mean nothing (Because we didn't win it), this year it actually is a pretty big trophy to win.

Only Ipswich and Brum stand in our way.

Reply #1253 Posted: December 02, 2010, 10:37:53 pm

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
  • R3DM@N has no influence.
Birmigham are such a mean team this year. Like!

Reply #1254 Posted: December 02, 2010, 11:08:41 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Yea, they are doing well in their own style.

I mean, if they won a cup, I would not blame them for being as rough as they are.

Reply #1255 Posted: December 02, 2010, 11:34:09 pm

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
  • JuDgE MenTaL has no influence.
No World Cup hostage for England or Oz then goes to Russia and then Qatar in 2022. No surprises there then. It's not about slick presentations featuring Beckham, it's about buying votes with hard cash, surely you knew that right?

Reply #1256 Posted: December 03, 2010, 07:23:34 am
[size=+1]Origin ID - JUDG3-M3NTAL[/size]

www.trench.co.nz
Quote from: leadcollector
“there is very little vegetables I can eat without gagging like a pron

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$>Australia :(

Reply #1257 Posted: December 03, 2010, 07:46:46 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Isn't it illegal to consume alcohol in public in Qatar?

That is going to be one hell of a fun world cup...

Reply #1258 Posted: December 03, 2010, 11:28:42 am

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
  • JuDgE MenTaL has no influence.
I think you're ok in the hotels so get beered up there, go watch the game in 50+ degree heat, then rush back for more beer and air con. There will be no scantily clad women for the roving crowd cameras to pick out either....

hell of a world cup....

Reply #1259 Posted: December 03, 2010, 11:41:14 am
[size=+1]Origin ID - JUDG3-M3NTAL[/size]

www.trench.co.nz
Quote from: leadcollector
“there is very little vegetables I can eat without gagging like a pron

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
  • Wandarah has no influence.
Negron please - leaving out the fact that it's just plan fucking stupid in the first place - Qatar will come to the party, I have no doubt at all.

I promise you, heaps of nipples, and lots of (hugely expensive beer consumed in specific places) drink.

Reply #1260 Posted: December 03, 2010, 02:59:29 pm
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
Fifa have the power to demand tax law changes from host countries so they can surely demand the free flowing of Cold Beers at stadiums and designated venues.

Reply #1261 Posted: December 03, 2010, 03:27:21 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Chelsea 4 relegation 2011/2012. ;)

I think what Chelsea lack is a player with such skill as Nasri, I mean if the only goals Frogba can score are from penalties, he is obviously too simple a player and needs to learn to be more creative.

Reply #1262 Posted: December 05, 2010, 11:29:22 am

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
  • maorifulla has no influence.
fuck those 2 nasri goals this morning were off the hook

fuckin mad skills

Reply #1263 Posted: December 05, 2010, 12:43:04 pm

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
Quote from: Spork;1337849
Isn't it illegal to consume alcohol in public in Qatar?

That is going to be one hell of a fun world cup...

plus who wants to train or play in 40+ tempratures

another tournament that was paid for by the oil barons

Reply #1264 Posted: December 05, 2010, 12:44:17 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: maorifulla;1338423
fuck those 2 nasri goals this morning were off the hook

fuckin mad skills

Yep, and Oh man did I go off when he scored them. He is my fav player (although I say that about most Arsenal players)

Top of the table baby! =D

All we need to do is beat Man U at Old Traf next week and we will have the spot secured.. For a bit.

Even a draw is a decent result.

Reply #1265 Posted: December 05, 2010, 01:56:06 pm

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
I hope so

Arsenal have always been a team that I have loved to watch

I wish liverpool could play a bit more like that but we seem to be getting all these has been players like joe cole

I hear rumours that Arsene wont be buying over the Jan transfer which has to give the current gunners squad alot of self confidence

Im also wanting the gunners to smash man u

and if liverpool beat them in F.A Cup it will be double rainbow time

Reply #1266 Posted: December 05, 2010, 03:07:58 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
All the way.

And I also hope Liverpool start pushing their way up the table.

Reply #1267 Posted: December 05, 2010, 03:09:33 pm

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
Chelsea be back.

You've ruined the alliance we had Spork...fuck Arsenal.
Enjoy your time up there :P

Reply #1268 Posted: December 05, 2010, 08:09:52 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
^-^

I promise you can have it in ten years. But until then, you might need to make alliances with Ipswich, Leeds and whom ever else are in the lower leagues...

The new London Derby will be Chelsea V QPR. ;)

Reply #1269 Posted: December 05, 2010, 08:13:14 pm

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
Neg Rep :P In other news, how about Phoenix? Adelaide fail :P

Reply #1270 Posted: December 05, 2010, 10:45:33 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Ah, that's what you were talking about on facebook... I didn't know the A-league still existed.. :P

What stage is it upto now? I think Adelaide are close to the top arent they?

Reply #1271 Posted: December 05, 2010, 11:07:44 pm

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
Yeah Phoenix in top 6 now

Reply #1272 Posted: December 06, 2010, 09:19:30 am

Offline camy205

• Addicted
  • camy205 barely matters.camy205 barely matters.
Was a good game, but that red card adelaide got was bullshit, nothing even happened.

The refs in the a league are awful.

Oh Btw

Spoiler :
As the World Cup usually occurs during the northern hemisphere's summer, the weather in Qatar was a concern with temperature reaching as high as 50 degrees Celsius (122°F). However, the Qatar bid's chief executive, Hassan al-Thawadi said "Heat is not and will not be an issue."[16] The Qatar 2022 Bid's official site also explains:

"Each of the five stadiums will harness the power of the suns rays to provide a cool environment for players and fans by converting solar energy into electricity that will then be used to cool both fans and players at the stadiums. When games are not taking place, the solar installations at the stadia will export energy onto the power grid. During matches, the stadia will draw energy from the grid. This is the basis for the stadiums’ carbon-neutrality. Along with the stadiums, we plan to make the cooling technologies we’ve developed available to other countries in hot climates, so that they too can host major sporting events."

This method of cooling techniques is theoretically able to reduce temperatures from 50 to 27 degrees Celsius. The bidding committee also proposes to use such cooling technologies in fan-zones, training pitches and walkways between metro stations and stadiums[17]

That the climate is not going to be "an issue" is not shared by two PhDs from Qatar's Aspetar sports hospital in Doha who gave an interview in November 2010 to Qatar Today magazine in which they stated that the region's climate would "affect performance levels from a health point of view" of professional athletes, specifically footballers, that "recovery times between games would be longer" than in a temperate climate and that, on the field of play, "more mistakes would be made". Additionally, one of the doctors said that "total acclimation [to the Qatari climate] is impossible."[18]

After Qatar won the bid Franz Beckenbauer, a member of Fifa's executive committee, said Qatar could be allowed to host 2022 World Cup in winter. He justified his proposal on grounds that Qatar will be saving money, which otherwise they would have spent in cooling the stadiums. Beckenbauer said "One should think about another solution. In January and February you have comfortable 25 degrees there," he said. "Qatar won the vote and deserves a fair chance as the first host from the Middle East."[19]

Wikipedia... Yeah lol.

Reply #1273 Posted: December 06, 2010, 11:41:58 am
Quote from: Craigorsarus;1484182
GetSome Thread - Generic Timeline:

- Actual Topic
 - Variation of Topic
 - Someone calls someone a retard
 - Fight
 - Actual Topic
 - Fight
 - Troll
 - Your Mum
 - You\'re*
 - TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL
 - What is this thread about?

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
I think it would be a great idea to host in Winter. I mean why should they have to spend money if they don't need to, even if it doesn't mean shit to them.

Will show that FIFA and whom ever else aren't complete idiots.

Reply #1274 Posted: December 06, 2010, 07:57:29 pm