Topic: Football Thread (formally Soccer Thread)

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Just heard the red card was appealed and overturned. Rightly so, was probably the only reason we lost the match. ;)

Reply #1275 Posted: December 06, 2010, 08:50:43 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
Yeah but mostly it was because we scored two goals and your side scored one :P

Reply #1276 Posted: December 06, 2010, 09:06:18 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.

Reply #1277 Posted: December 08, 2010, 01:11:37 am

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
  • R3DM@N has no influence.
i like arsenal website, used it to watch live scoring at work

Reply #1278 Posted: December 08, 2010, 06:33:28 am

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
  • Wandarah has no influence.
What's up with Chelsea?

Anyway - very very relieved Arsenal made it through. My god we just can't keep a clean sheet recently.

Reply #1279 Posted: December 09, 2010, 11:05:49 am
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
Arse are looking down the barrel in the round of 16

Barcelona
 Schalke
 Bayern
 Madrid

Reply #1280 Posted: December 09, 2010, 07:50:58 pm

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
In all fairness to Chelsea there slump has occured since there assistant coach left few weeks ago

Reply #1281 Posted: December 09, 2010, 11:33:35 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: kilabee;1339810
Arse are looking down the barrel in the round of 16

Barcelona
 Schalke
 Bayern
 Madrid

Well once we beat Man U on Mon night/ Tues morn we will go on an beaten run in all competitions, so whom ever we play doesn't bother me.

100% realistically I believe we can beat any of those teams except Barca.

EDIT: The thing about Barca is, that we will most likely face them at some point, as Barca and Arsenal are the only two decent teams in the CL, so I am not sure if it is best to face them straight up, or in the final. I would probably say straight up, not because Barca would be easier to beat then, but because the Arsenal players may be less nervous than they would facing Barca in the final.

Reply #1282 Posted: December 10, 2010, 12:02:50 am

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
  • maorifulla has no influence.

Reply #1283 Posted: December 10, 2010, 11:17:00 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Chelsea have won just two games out of the last eight in all competitions and they now face Tottenham at White Hart Lane on Sunday, followed by Manchester United at home and Arsenal at the Emirates.

It is not looking good for you guys at all. I mean, this weekend's match is going to be interesting, either way Arsenal are winners, but this is one tough time for Chelsea.

Reply #1284 Posted: December 10, 2010, 11:56:35 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin

Reply #1285 Posted: December 10, 2010, 10:04:58 pm

Offline Thetruereddevil

• Addicted
  • Thetruereddevil has no influence.

Reply #1286 Posted: December 11, 2010, 03:39:25 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Come on Liverpool god damn it, you need to pick up your game sometime soon in order to get that fourth or at least fifth spot.

Reply #1287 Posted: December 12, 2010, 01:01:47 pm

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
Take the draw but Drogba you dickhead! Shoulda let Lampard take it

Haha here you go Spork - http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3271602/Patrice-Evra-has-labelled-Arsenal-a-load-of-rubbish.html

Reply #1288 Posted: December 13, 2010, 07:22:22 am

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
Liverpool is playing like absolute shite atm

almost as bad as watching the black caps attempt to play cricket

well actually i wouldnt go that far

Reply #1289 Posted: December 13, 2010, 09:00:26 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: R3DM@N;1340615
Take the draw but Drogba you dickhead! Shoulda let Lampard take it

Haha here you go Spork - http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3271602/Patrice-Evra-has-labelled-Arsenal-a-load-of-rubbish.html

Evra rubbishing Arsenal? I could pull up at least one article for every Man U v Arsenal game since Evra has been in the sport. He aint a good sport.

He was the one who said it was men vs boys or men vs babies or something.

Meh, we will continue to sit ontop the table, and after our win tonight, it's going to be a long hard run for Manure and Chelscum to catch up to us.

Who is Chelsea's number 12? With defending like that, he could play for Arsenal..

Reply #1290 Posted: December 13, 2010, 11:38:12 am

henno

Just adds to the fun

Most of what he said is right, we could lose the game but what are the chances of Arsenal being there at the end of the season?

Should be a good game will be staying home to watch it

Reply #1291 Posted: December 13, 2010, 04:46:43 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
How about those Spurs aye?
No, really, how about those Spurs?
I haven't watched sport for ages, just piggyback on the comments of others.

It's like it's dead to me :(

Reply #1292 Posted: December 13, 2010, 04:56:15 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: henno;1340719
Just adds to the fun

Most of what he said is right, we could lose the game but what are the chances of Arsenal being there at the end of the season?

Should be a good game will be staying home to watch it

I think this is the longest run on top we have had for four years... And it has been what.. A week? :P

We are definitely improving.

If we do win this game, I will be Gunning for Chelsea to win the Man U Chelsea match, because then there is a high chance that we will not bottle it like we usually do.

Reply #1293 Posted: December 13, 2010, 10:06:14 pm

Offline Thetruereddevil

• Addicted

Reply #1294 Posted: December 14, 2010, 09:45:44 am

Offline Thetruereddevil

• Addicted
Back on top!

Reply #1295 Posted: December 14, 2010, 10:53:52 am

henno

Natural order restored

Reply #1296 Posted: December 14, 2010, 10:54:46 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Gay.

I blame the ref, I mean he gives a penalty against Clichy when the ball is kicked into his hand (LOL@ROONEY) but not against who ever when they tripped Chamack in the box when he was about to head the ball in??

Howard Webb gave some damn horrible decisions both ways.

I do not actually blame the ref, because even if the ref was corrupt, then it's still the team's fault for not giving enough.

Reply #1297 Posted: December 14, 2010, 11:12:57 am

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
I have tbh

Man U should have won by more

you could see they were totally up for the game

Fabregas was rusty when he came on and was just passing the ball back to man u

the back 3 of Man U forced arsenal to take long range attempts that had no power on them

Arsenal needed to do more on the counter but just held the ball up and once man u sorted their d there was no way through gg

Reply #1298 Posted: December 14, 2010, 12:07:12 pm

Offline Thetruereddevil

• Addicted
Quote from: Spork;1340966
Gay.

I blame the ref, I mean he gives a penalty against Clichy when the ball is kicked into his hand (LOL@ROONEY) but not against who ever when they tripped Chamack in the box when he was about to head the ball in??

Howard Webb gave some damn horrible decisions both ways.

I do not actually blame the ref, because even if the ref was corrupt, then it's still the team's fault for not giving enough.

i would agree it was a tough call for a penalty, so fitting i guess it was missed, in the end didnt matter so much tho. It did seem that Man U was more up for it today...

Reply #1299 Posted: December 14, 2010, 12:31:24 pm