Topic: Football Thread (formally Soccer Thread)

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Yea, GG united, we didn't deserve to win, although we didn't get anywhere near as outplayed than we normally do, especially considering it was at Old Traf.

Reply #1300 Posted: December 14, 2010, 05:19:47 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
It was the pitches fault. LOL

Arsène Wenger can never just take a loss on the chin.

Reply #1301 Posted: December 14, 2010, 06:28:24 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
I honestly have no idea wtf happens in the head of AW.

Reply #1302 Posted: December 14, 2010, 06:29:15 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
One very good thing I take from this match is the away support, sure the away crowd are the real football fans, but they were fantastic, spent the whole match screaming themselves hoarse.

Reply #1303 Posted: December 14, 2010, 09:22:31 pm

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
  • Wandarah has no influence.
Quote from: kilabee;1341092
It was the pitches fault. LOL

He never said it was the pitches fault. He said the pitch was shit, that's why a lot of people fell over.

In other news, what a rubbish attacking performance from Le Arse. I actually thought we defended the best we had in a long time, aside from Clichy - and overall, we played the best we had against a big team in some time. United just soaked up our pressure, knowing that we can't cross for bollocks and lacked the pace up front to unlock the back line - what with Nasri being gobbled up by 2 or 3 whenever he got the ball. It's hard to argue with the result though.

Also, that is probably the most ridiculous penalty call I've ever seen, and I've seen some shit ones in my time. That sort of shit right there seriously needs someone to look at it again and question that linesman. I fully expect Man U to get some shit penalty call for them every game, but that was seriously taking the fucking piss. Hilarious take by Shrek though.

For me, the best Le Arse performance was the keeper - stand out game I thought, for a 20 year old first time at OT.

Reply #1304 Posted: December 15, 2010, 08:54:36 am
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
  • JuDgE MenTaL has no influence.
Quote from: kilabee;1341092

What chin? :)

From a blues POV I was hoping for a draw obviously. I really hope we reem them next week then we got you gunners then all will be restored....

yea yea I'm dreaming.

Pretty sure adding a not fit Lampard won't quite be enough to make enough of a difference but you never know. He does have a habit at popping up at the right time. With the benefit of hindsight I wish he'd been on a bit longer and taken the pen against Spurs but heh. Amazed Drogs missed that, really soft pen for him.

Anyway don't get too comfy at the top just yet, it's far from over. I really won't be surprised if either Kalou or Anelka (or even both) get binned off in January.

COme to London Tevez :) <----- never going to happen, be funny as fk if it did though.

Reply #1305 Posted: December 15, 2010, 10:34:04 am
[size=+1]Origin ID - JUDG3-M3NTAL[/size]

www.trench.co.nz
Quote from: leadcollector
“there is very little vegetables I can eat without gagging like a pron

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
Man, why would you want Tevez? The guy is mentally unstable and obviously thick as fuck. He'd triple your wage bill, and claim homesickness after 2 months.

Reply #1306 Posted: December 15, 2010, 11:22:04 am
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Just watching the game again, how the hell was that a penalty? I'm not bitter because obviously it was missed, but it's just ridiculous that a 60 year old assistant ref can give such a penalty when he probably can't even see that far. Also, I think the FA should have to explain every penalty decision during the week, how can they justify that? He was holding himself up, he did even try to move his hand away, but obviously the weight of Clichy's body was too great, as his movement was not much more than a jerk.

Also, on review, that was a pretty darn good goal from Park, it does look as if he did react well to the deflection, and moved his head enough to direct it toward goal, which may not have really been enough, but in the end, it was.

Reply #1307 Posted: December 15, 2010, 11:25:06 pm

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
  • R3DM@N has no influence.
No thank you, Tevez = DO NOT WANT.

Sturridge needs more game time, hes a great player and doesnt get much credit. Last season he stepped up when everyone was injured and carried Chelsea

Reply #1308 Posted: December 16, 2010, 06:33:23 am

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
Quote from: Wandarah;1341277
Man, why would you want Tevez? The guy is mentally unstable and obviously thick as fuck. He'd triple your wage bill, and claim homesickness after 2 months.

I'd take 2 months.
Lets be honest, there's plenty of players that fall into the 'thick as fuck' bucket. Triple the wage bill? at Chelsea? I doubt it. Tevez is a great player, no question surely you're not arguing that, but yea he's clearly tricky to manage, but so is Drogba.
I'm just thinking it would be a good buy for the remainder of the season while we have a goal drought then he can FO to wherever. It's all redundant because he'll go to Spain or home. Spain would be my guess but Citeh miught just be arrogant enough to hold him to the contract and make him sit it out on the bench.
Agreed, Sturridge is a good player (just picked him up in FIFA 11 UT and he missed a sitter in his first game though) but remember he also left Citeh because they couldn't manage him properly and now he's very happy at the Blues learning from Drogs.

Reply #1309 Posted: December 16, 2010, 07:42:09 am

www.trench.co.nz

Offline Thetruereddevil

• Addicted
  • Thetruereddevil has no influence.
Quote from: Spork;1341452
Just watching the game again, how the hell was that a penalty? I'm not bitter because obviously it was missed, but it's just ridiculous that a 60 year old assistant ref can give such a penalty when he probably can't even see that far. Also, I think the FA should have to explain every penalty decision during the week, how can they justify that? He was holding himself up, he did even try to move his hand away, but obviously the weight of Clichy's body was too great, as his movement was not much more than a jerk.

Also, on review, that was a pretty darn good goal from Park, it does look as if he did react well to the deflection, and moved his head enough to direct it toward goal, which may not have really been enough, but in the end, it was.

Park is under rated, been a great buy for United

Reply #1310 Posted: December 16, 2010, 08:40:54 am

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
Quote from: JuDgE MenTaL;1341494
Quote from: Wandarah;1341277

I'd take 2 months.
Lets be honest, there's plenty of players that fall into the 'thick as fuck' bucket. Triple the wage bill? at Chelsea? I doubt it. Tevez is a great player, no question surely you're not arguing that, but yea he's clearly tricky to manage,

More trouble than its worth. Same shit at every single club he's been at. Great player of course - but there's players just as good, with less baggage.

Reply #1311 Posted: December 16, 2010, 09:54:53 am
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
Drogba is a bit lower maintenance than Tevez i'd say.

Last year Drogba had wee fallouts with Franky Lampard because he wanted golden boot so he wanted the penalties etc etc but this year he really needs to perform to pull tantys..which is probably why hes been so quiet haha. But he's still the man and one of the greatest strikers in the EPL.

I'm not saying that we wouldnt want Tevez but there wont be enough room for him in Chelsea with Drogba on the scene.

Reply #1312 Posted: December 16, 2010, 11:03:29 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
I think it'd be a great idea for Chelsea to sell Drogba and buy Tevez.

Should sell Drogba to Bayern, he would do well there.

Or really just anywhere out of England, that isn't Barca.

Reply #1313 Posted: December 16, 2010, 11:13:16 pm

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
  • maorifulla has no influence.
Liverpool would love to have drogba

epsecially becaause torres is playing like a girl

i cant wait for the jan window to open

flick all this deadwood

Reply #1314 Posted: December 17, 2010, 07:01:36 am

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
Hang on how did we get on to selling Drogba, nooooooooooooooooooooo *shiver*

Ok, fuck Tevez...

phew.

Predictions for Chelsea v Scumchester on Sunday (Monday)?

Prediction = 2 - 1 to Chelsea with Vidic getting sent off and Lampard scoing a penalty.
Actual = 1 - 1 with about 9 yellow cards.
Dream = 9 - 0 Chelsea, ending with Ferguson signing over Rooney (after a crazy bet he had with Carlo that we couldn't stuff them 9-0), Michael Carrick taking 'ugliest united player ever' off Luke Chadwick and Gary Neville getting shot dead by a mystery sniper.

Reply #1315 Posted: December 17, 2010, 07:07:41 am

www.trench.co.nz

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
  • maorifulla has no influence.
Gary Neville is a xunt

Reply #1316 Posted: December 17, 2010, 09:27:52 am

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
Yea, he has the most hittable face in football I think. His dad's called Neville Neville, someone has a sense of humour aye?

I also reckon Joey Barton is his bastard brother.

Reply #1317 Posted: December 17, 2010, 09:45:42 am

www.trench.co.nz

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
I think all the football players in the EPL or superstars really are hittable .. just so arrogant haha.

Think the two most cool and humble people would be Ryan Nelsen and Gerrard, sorry Spork would say Cahill but his heads massive :P

Reply #1318 Posted: December 17, 2010, 03:56:30 pm

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
Massive and made of meat.

Reply #1319 Posted: December 17, 2010, 04:25:26 pm

www.trench.co.nz

Offline LeadCollector

• Game Server Admin
  • LeadCollector has no influence.
But if Chelsea sold Drogba who would win them the Oscars for best dive? :P

Reply #1320 Posted: December 17, 2010, 08:23:09 pm

Quote from: Spork;1411842
Your face won\'t make top four!

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
Exactly, thats all he be taking this year. Wont be Golden Boot! haha

Reply #1321 Posted: December 17, 2010, 10:05:13 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: LeadCollector;1341988

Maybe the honours will be passed over to Arsenal, more so Chamakh, I swear everytime he is in the box he dives.

Reply #1322 Posted: December 17, 2010, 10:33:56 pm

Offline Thetruereddevil

• Addicted
  • Thetruereddevil has no influence.
Quote from: Spork;1342004
Quote from: LeadCollector;1341988

Maybe the honours will be passed over to Arsenal, more so Chamakh, I swear everytime he is in the box he dives.

I miss our resident divernaldo.....

as for Neville, well hes Uniteds Keown i guess

Stupid git...

Reply #1323 Posted: December 17, 2010, 11:10:06 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
^^ Rooney?

Reply #1324 Posted: December 17, 2010, 11:10:37 pm