Topic: Football Thread (formally Soccer Thread)

Offline Thetruereddevil

• Addicted
  • Thetruereddevil has no influence.
agreed, why i never want to miss a game between the two of us, something WILL always happen

Reply #1475 Posted: January 23, 2011, 07:26:48 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Yep, although in previous seasons I have pretty well known that we didn't have a chance, I always loved to watch our games, as there was just something about them which separated them from the rest.

Although the next game I believe will be huge if our current players stay on form as they are.

Reply #1476 Posted: January 23, 2011, 07:32:31 pm

Offline Thetruereddevil

• Addicted
certainly got your stuff together better than the last few years, is good to see, just not TOO good to see of course:)

Reply #1477 Posted: January 23, 2011, 07:49:38 pm

Offline LeadCollector

• Game Server Admin
  • LeadCollector has no influence.
Oh get a room you two!

Reply #1478 Posted: January 23, 2011, 08:40:13 pm

Quote from: Spork;1411842
Your face won\'t make top four!

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
  • R3DM@N has no influence.
as long as Chelsea take 3rd i'll be happy - get rid of Man Shitty

Reply #1479 Posted: January 23, 2011, 08:43:05 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Quote from: R3DM@N;1353512
as long as Chelsea take 3rd i'll be happy - get rid of Man Shitty

I don't mind Chelsea, but the more teams in the running there are, the more the title has to be shared around, so sticking with Man U and Arsenal is good TBH. ;)

Reply #1480 Posted: January 23, 2011, 09:02:11 pm

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
  • maorifulla has no influence.
Im hoping we get Luis Suarez withing the next 48 hours. He will be a nice partner for torres and can also play back up for pepe reina in goal LOL

Reply #1481 Posted: January 24, 2011, 06:08:55 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
What about this for a tackle.Ban this filthy prick from the game.They say poorly timed but I think he timed it perfectly for what he was trying to do. Reminds me of Roy Keane. He has history of this shit to.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/aussies-abroad/news/761595/Muscat-pays-for-tackle[/url]

Dude almost had to amputate his leg FFS.No place for cocks like this in the game.

Reply #1482 Posted: January 24, 2011, 06:35:00 pm

Offline Thetruereddevil

• Addicted
Quote from: maorifulla;1353752
Im hoping we get Luis Suarez withing the next 48 hours. He will be a nice partner for torres and can also play back up for pepe reina in goal LOL

remember his role at the world cup tho, was pretty dirty...felt bad for Ghana tbh

having said that, him and forlan made a good strike pairing so could be a good pick up for you lot

Reply #1483 Posted: January 24, 2011, 09:00:59 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: kilabee;1353767
What about this for a tackle.Ban this filthy prick from the game.They say poorly timed but I think he timed it perfectly for what he was trying to do. Reminds me of Roy Keane. He has history of this shit to.

Video

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/aussies-abroad/news/761595/Muscat-pays-for-tackle

Dude almost had to amputate his leg FFS.No place for cocks like this in the game.

Yep, horrible player, always has been, should have been banned from the sport long ago.

Reply #1484 Posted: January 24, 2011, 09:12:28 pm

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
Rampant Chelsea up their goal diff by 4 goals.

Things are looking up

Reply #1485 Posted: January 25, 2011, 05:10:18 pm

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
I'll come back when Chelsea have a few mores win then we discuss :p

Drogba's goal was mean tho

Reply #1486 Posted: January 25, 2011, 07:10:57 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Who did you play? I don't think I've even heard of them before.... ;)

Reply #1487 Posted: January 25, 2011, 08:42:29 pm

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
  • JuDgE MenTaL has no influence.
Bolton, you beat them 4-1, you should follow your team more :)
Much needed result, they came out guns blazing but their defence backed off Drogs and boom game on from 25 yards. They were always going to fancy themselves against us but after the first goal we controlled the game, few hairy moments but Cech solid as always has never conceeded to Bolton ever.
Good to see Drogs imposing himself and getting up the noses of the defenders. Man Utd hasn't put 4 past anyone away from home in the league this season.
So we just gotta win all our games, do the double over Scumchester plus they need to slip up at least twice, easy. ;p

Looking like we might have to break the bank to get Luiz though Benfica are not budging.

Reply #1488 Posted: January 25, 2011, 11:18:31 pm
[size=+1]Origin ID - JUDG3-M3NTAL[/size]

www.trench.co.nz
Quote from: leadcollector
“there is very little vegetables I can eat without gagging like a pron

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Yea, I hope Chelsea do sort of well now, at least do really well for that match V united which is coming up soon, and then again later this season.

Also, not sure if they have already, but if they beat Money City then that's good too.

Reply #1489 Posted: January 25, 2011, 11:22:59 pm

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
Was it foolhardy of Ian Holloway to take off a midfielder and stick on a striker (Marlon Harewood no less) when Man Utd started to come back. Most managers of lesser clubs would have tried to park the bus but no, not Ian, he went for it. Good on him, pity his team were all out of Steam by then.

Had Man U on the ropes there for a good while and could have done Chelsea a massive favour.

Also in the news Andy Gray sacked for being....well Andy Gray really....no more annoyingly piss poor commentary from that twat for FIFA 12 then YAY!! I think I'll have a pint or 2 to celebrate.
Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 06:43:36 pm by JuDgE MenTaL

Reply #1491 Posted: January 26, 2011, 06:37:23 pm

www.trench.co.nz

Offline Thetruereddevil

• Addicted
Quote from: JuDgE MenTaL;1354539
Was it foolhardy of Ian Holloway to take off a midfielder and stick on a striker (Marlon Harewood no less) when Man Utd started to come back. Most managers of lesser clubs would have tried to park the bus but no, not Ian, he went for it. Good on him, pity his team were all out of Steam by then.

Had Man U on the ropes there for a good while and could have done Chelsea a massive favour.

Also in the news Andy Gray sacked for being....well Andy Gray really....no more annoyingly piss poor commentary from that twat for FIFA 12 then YAY!! I think I'll have a pint or 2 to celebrate.

+1 on the Andy Gray FIFA 12 thing, he annoys me in those games no end

and was a good game, Blackpool took it to us, unlike some "big" clubs we have played this year *cough* citeh *cough*

Holloways been a breath of fresh air this year, his comments are usually worth listening to, even if for amusements sake;)

Reply #1492 Posted: January 26, 2011, 10:10:46 pm

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
yea he's class,

There was no way you weren't going to get back into it at some point. I never thought Blackpool would do aswell as they did especially with Charlie Adams being unsettled by Liverpool, but they are an attacking side that play with heart, unlike West Ham who just can't be @rsed.
 I read an article saying that all the players were singing 'you'll never walk alone' when Charlie Adam walked in the dressing room. A true team spirit is very evident there and they clearly know that it's probably going to be too good an offer and Holloway is just trying to get a decent price for him. They will certainly miss him, he's involved in everything even smashing Patrick Evra's face with his back????

some classic Holloway

“He’s six foot something, fit as a flea, good looking – he’s got to have something wrong with him. Hopefully he’s hung like a hamster – That would make us all feel better. Having said that, me missus has got a pet hamster at home, and his cock’s massive.” – talking about Cristiano Ronaldo.

“Paul Furlong is my vintage Rolls Royce and he cost me nothing. We polish him, look after him, and I have him fine tuned by my mechanics. We take good care of him because we have to drive him every day, not just save him for weddings.” – on veteran striker Paul Furlong.

“It was a bit cheeky wasn’t it? But I don’t think it was that bad. It would have been worse if he’d turned round and dropped the front of his shorts instead. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with a couple of butt cheeks personally. (…) If anybody’s offended by seeing a backside, get real. Maybe they’re just jealous that he’s got a real nice tight one, with no cellulite or anything.” – on Manchester City midfielder Joey Barton mooning Everton fans

“To put it in gentleman’s terms if you’ve been out for a night and you’re looking for a young lady and you pull one, some weeks they’re good looking and some weeks they’re not the best. Our performance today would have been not the best looking bird but at least we got her in the taxi. She weren’t the best looking lady we ended up taking home but she was very pleasant and very nice, so thanks very much, let’s have a coffee” – on the “ugly” win against Chesterfield. This is perhaps Holloway’s most famous quote.

Reply #1493 Posted: January 26, 2011, 11:14:24 pm

www.trench.co.nz

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin

Reply #1494 Posted: January 27, 2011, 02:54:29 am

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
  • maorifulla has no influence.

Reply #1495 Posted: January 27, 2011, 02:11:01 pm

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in

Reply #1496 Posted: January 29, 2011, 12:05:40 am

www.trench.co.nz

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
ah well gotta try these things :P CHELSEA DOESNT NEED MORE STRIKERS!!!!!!!!!!!! need some bloody defence

Reply #1497 Posted: January 29, 2011, 12:28:12 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Well Torres hasn't been scoring this season so I guess they thought he must have been converted.

Reply #1498 Posted: January 29, 2011, 12:50:00 am

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
haha thats true.. although id take Torres over Kalou/Anelka anyday

Reply #1499 Posted: January 29, 2011, 08:24:19 am