Topic: Football Thread (formally Soccer Thread)

Offline LeadCollector

• Game Server Admin
  • LeadCollector has no influence.
http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/7311/nanipads.jpg
Football Thread (formally Soccer Thread)

Reply #1775 Posted: March 09, 2011, 07:01:38 pm

Quote from: Spork;1411842
Your face won\'t make top four!

Offline Thetruereddevil

• Addicted
  • Thetruereddevil has no influence.
Quote from: Spork;1366926
Diaby didn't do anything to that Newcastle prick whom he had in his hands. Yet he was sent straight off.

EDIT: Also, you can have the FA cup, Arsenal might give you the game on Saturday, then win the league.

Denis Irwin got sent off for something similar to Van Persie against Everton Red in the Treble season of 99, i remember being pretty pissed at that, so can well imagine how ya feel there

Meanwhile Liverpool have got....are you guys even IN Europe anymore? Scunthorpe or someone?

Could and should still be 3 teams from EPL in last 8 too. Interesting

Reply #1776 Posted: March 09, 2011, 08:33:45 pm

Offline LeadCollector

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: Thetruereddevil;1366998

Meanwhile Liverpool have got....are you guys even IN Europe anymore?

We are havin a break, after all we have won it 5 times to ManU's what? 3... is it? I know it was 1 more that notts forest :)

Reply #1777 Posted: March 09, 2011, 08:45:11 pm

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
  • R3DM@N has no influence.
Nasri we love you..

Reply #1778 Posted: March 09, 2011, 09:24:45 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
You think RVP send off was bad.Check this out LOL

Reply #1779 Posted: March 09, 2011, 10:05:58 pm

Offline Thetruereddevil

• Addicted
  • Thetruereddevil has no influence.
Quote from: LeadCollector;1367000
We are havin a break, after all we have won it 5 times to ManU's what? 3... is it? I know it was 1 more that notts forest :)

heh heh :)

i do enjoy the Man U v Liverpool rivalry

theres ALWAYS something to rip the other off about, my old man supports Liverpool, and we have been thru all the barbs...

Reply #1780 Posted: March 09, 2011, 11:00:07 pm

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
  • JuDgE MenTaL has no influence.
Quote from: Spork;1366818
How is it worth a red card though? Also, if that is worth a red card, how is having your hands on someone's neck in a choking action not?? Then that scissor tackle on Wilshire as well.

We would have lost regardless, but that ref was pathetic. I should just make that my signature, because it seems every game we play the refs get worse and worse..

EDIT: Apparently someone showed him a video, or told him that there was one second. So it's not his own judgement.

I think the ref thought he was checking Robin's pulse.

Yea fair call, he was told later I read that after. After seeing it, totally bollox 2nd yellow no question. Pretty spot on article about it all here if you're interested. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1364362/Martin-Samuel-Bungling-referee-Massimo-Busacca-makes-easier-Barcelona-masters.html

Reply #1781 Posted: March 10, 2011, 07:58:59 am
[size=+1]Origin ID - JUDG3-M3NTAL[/size]

www.trench.co.nz
Quote from: leadcollector
“there is very little vegetables I can eat without gagging like a pron

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
Quote from: LeadCollector;1367000

Man Utd have won the Champions league twice, and you've won it once mate. :)

Reply #1782 Posted: March 10, 2011, 08:19:52 am

www.trench.co.nz

Offline LeadCollector

• Game Server Admin
He said Europe not Champions League mate :p We won in Europe before it became the Champions league (formed in 1992) much like the domestic League... so my comment still stands Mr only managed to be runner up 1 and never won it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Champions_League scroll down to the records and statistics
Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 09:36:50 am by LeadCollector

Reply #1783 Posted: March 10, 2011, 09:29:08 am

Offline LeadCollector

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: Thetruereddevil;1367040
heh heh :)

i do enjoy the Man U v Liverpool rivalry

theres ALWAYS something to rip the other off about, my old man supports Liverpool, and we have been thru all the barbs...

I used to like the fact that while living in the UK I stayed in a little town on the outskirts of Liverpool called Prescot. I used to work for Xerox UK in Manchester (cheadle). My drive to work took me past Stretford and as there is fuck all else in Stretford I used to have to drive around Old Trafford.... Was a great place to stop and have a piss on :)

Reply #1784 Posted: March 10, 2011, 09:32:49 am

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
Quote from: LeadCollector;1367090
He said Europe not Champions League mate :p We won in Europe before it became the Champions league (formed in 1992) much like the domestic League... so my comment still stands Mr only managed to be runner up 1 and never won it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Champions_League scroll down to the records and statistics

I said Champions League, partly because it's more relevent to this century and picking up on your 'won IT 5 and 3' times.....What have you won 5 times then? Didn't they tell you it's got a group phase and everything now fella it's no longer a simple knockout competition, totally different beast.

Everyone knows Chelsea hasn't won IT but you gotta be in IT to win IT these days eh? It does me laugh how the Liverpool fans fallback position is always the period around the 80's when they were pretty unstoppable, we get it, tight shorts, moustaches and curly perms *golf clap*.
Football is a different game now or do you want to argue that aswell. :)
Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 10:16:15 am by JuDgE MenTaL

Reply #1785 Posted: March 10, 2011, 09:55:32 am

www.trench.co.nz

Offline LeadCollector

• Game Server Admin
Not arguing anything. Just stating facts/stats, plain and simple facts as recorded for all history. Yes things it may be different but if UEFA and other Associations recognise and carry stats over when they change the format of leagues then who are we to argue? Its not our league nor our stats.
Yes Liverpool where unstoppable in the 80's but the same could b said about Man U more recently... If you throw enough money at it you too could buy yourself some history although it is not really working for Citeh so maybe champion teams really do need a little class, history and pedigree as well as money?

Just saying...

Reply #1786 Posted: March 10, 2011, 10:18:01 am

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
Yea ok I'm being pedantic, I guess I'm fed up hearing it being a Blues fan...and being a blues fan I will also agree that money alone doesn't buy you success.

Reply #1787 Posted: March 10, 2011, 10:21:22 am

www.trench.co.nz

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
I wouldn't say it isn't working for City, I mean they will be a part of the CL next season.

Reply #1788 Posted: March 10, 2011, 02:32:48 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
So it wasn't just RVP one of their players was holding around the neck - Nasri too, right in front of the ref! I mean sure there was no extreme violence in the movement, however where do you draw the line? Usually in soccer the line is drawn as soon as even the mildest incident occurs.

If the UCL refs don't think there is a problem with that, I wonder if RVP went up to the ref just to have a chat, and held his neck, would that be fine?

EDIT: Refereeing in this sport is the most corrupt bullshit ever. Seriously, in what world are you allowed to do your job wrong, then when questioned, the person questioning your idiocy gets in trouble? Both Nasri and Wenger apparently got in trouble for confronting the ref about being a jackass.

EDIT2: One thing which I was always taught as a little kid, is that if you make a mistake, it's bad. Usually at school you would be corrected if you ever made a mistake, and if it was something in the school yard, say calling names at someone, or getting in a fight, you would be punished.

However UEFA seem to think if their refs make mistakes, they should be rewarded and protected.

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/6610/255123128.jpg
Football Thread (formally Soccer Thread)

Obviously I am not just talking about bad refereeing  to do with Arsenal, I mean Fergie got done for complaining very recently, the Bolton manager not too long ago, David Moyes too. And I am sure many others have been done recently. Why the hell do you get in trouble for confronting the ref? That has to be one of the dumbest rules in world sport.

EDIT: Also, if you think I am crazy, an Arsenal fan on another forum posted this.

from 9.16 onwards... lol
Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 03:17:20 pm by Spork

Reply #1789 Posted: March 10, 2011, 02:49:09 pm

Offline LeadCollector

• Game Server Admin
Thats not a given yet spork and as an Arsenal fan you should know how quickly fortunes can change.

Reply #1790 Posted: March 10, 2011, 05:51:56 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
I'd say it's a given now. I'm more than happy to be proven wrong though. :)

Reply #1791 Posted: March 10, 2011, 08:01:38 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...

Reply #1792 Posted: March 10, 2011, 09:12:05 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: kilabee;1367295
Ref thread for Spork

http://www.getsome.co.nz/showthread.php?67133-Conspiracy-Theories-You-decide.&highlight=conspiracy

GG Spurs

You're a Liverpool supporter yea? That beachball was a good decision eh?

EDIT: Also, I have an awesome conspiracy theory. However it is too long to type.
Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 09:36:05 pm by Spork

Reply #1793 Posted: March 10, 2011, 09:31:13 pm

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
  • R3DM@N has no influence.
Good work Tooterz, quite a fan of Tottenham atm. BL though Arsenal still..SAMIR NASRI!

Reply #1794 Posted: March 10, 2011, 09:52:44 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
Sorry man Just winding you up.Its easy to poke someone with a stick when your team is not in contention for anything.
Over the years of supporting sports teams I have learnt the worst thing you can do is start to think the ref(s) have something against your team.I can get unbelievably wound up in front of the Tv watching EPL,AB'S,Cricket or Warriors. Sometimes you just have to say "fuck it "and let it go.I let that forward pass that Wayne Barnes missed eat me alive for about six months LOL.

Reply #1795 Posted: March 10, 2011, 09:53:02 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: R3DM@N;1367301
Good work Tooterz, quite a fan of Tottenham atm.

Dislike. Highly

Reply #1796 Posted: March 10, 2011, 10:07:35 pm

Offline LeadCollector

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: R3DM@N;1367301
quite a fan of Tottenham atm.

R3DM@N minus 100 man points for that comment :)

Reply #1797 Posted: March 10, 2011, 10:52:44 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: LeadCollector;1367320
R3DM@N minus 100 man points for that comment :)

I lost total respect at that comment, not even Nasri can save him now. :P

Reply #1798 Posted: March 10, 2011, 11:21:31 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: Arsene Wenger
'I deny completely any charge. I do not understand where that comes from.

'It is a shame for me that the referee took the decision to send Robin van Persie off. It was the wrong decision.

'The first leg was a fantastic advert for football and the second game has been destroyed. People now will only remember the sending off.

'It would be good for UEFA to show some humility, to apologise for what has happened, not charge people who have done nothing wrong.

'Who has been punished is Arsenal football club. We are out of the Champions League, we have lost one of our big ambitions, we have been punished with a lot of damages and on top of that, we have to say sorry to UEFA.

'We have done nothing wrong. They organised the competition, they named the referees who come to the games.

'When you have a football game of that stature, you cannot come out with decisions like that and show a lot of arrogance on top of that.

'We can all understand that we can make wrong decisions, but after that it becomes dictatorship.

'I will keep that for UEFA if they really want to know because I will have some interesting statements to make about some statements made by people who were not supposed to say what they said,' he said.

'You can check any statement I made on television after the game. If I have done anything wrong I am ready to be charged.

'As for what is said in the tunnel, if you can get only one thing where I have come out on what has been said against me or against the referee during my 15 years in England, I will pay for you to have a big holiday.'

Fight the man Arsene!

Reply #1799 Posted: March 11, 2011, 05:16:59 am