Topic: Football Thread (formally Soccer Thread)

Offline LeadCollector

• Game Server Admin
  • LeadCollector has no influence.
Arsenal are shit, always have been shit and always will be shit!
Sorry for the reality check there Spork but reading "The illustrated history of Arsenal FC's successes" would take less time than it would take to read "Glorious French Military Victories" :p

Good win for the pool this morning but one has to ask, WTF Man city?

Reply #1900 Posted: April 12, 2011, 12:15:02 pm

Quote from: Spork;1411842
Your face won\'t make top four!

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
  • Wandarah has no influence.
Interesting news Re: Arsenal Takeover.

It's impossible not to feel a sense of sadness; regardless of the fact that essentially the club has been in foreign hands for a couple of years now, it's always seemed the plurality of ownership and the long tradition of being owned by English families and fans, for me, was part of the reason for my initial love affair. The last of the 'large' English clubs to be so, really.

I suppose though that this is the modern world, and all that shit. I also suppose than it's better Kronke, than it would be Usmanov. Look at Chelsea, and the hideous puppets they have become. Disgusting stuff, makes you ill really.

Or look at Manchester United, and the inevitable collapse of their club sooner or later. That combined with the strange, subhuman like trolls that attend their matches is as much of a warning as anything that Sugar-Daddy ownership is not always a good thing.

Or lets cast our eyes to the slums of Liverpool, and the strange squeaking goblins that support them and their American owner. Let us hope our lot is not as fatal as theirs, and also, that we never, ever, sound like them.

Well, now we're all whores really. I just hope our fucking is gentle and we get a nice massaged reach-around. That'd appear to be the case. Regardless, I am certain that we will continue to act with the class, dignity and élan that is so noticeably lacking from the three clubs mentioned above. Looking, smelling, sounding, or being like them in anyway would be the real tragedy.
Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 01:31:27 pm by Wandarah

Reply #1901 Posted: April 12, 2011, 01:28:16 pm
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline LeadCollector

• Game Server Admin
Trolls & Goblins? really? It is true that Arsenal fans believe in fairy tales then.... I suppose they must do given Sporks comments about them becoming a great club :p

Reply #1902 Posted: April 12, 2011, 03:13:27 pm

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
The only people that don't think Arsenal are a great club, are people with so many extra chromosomes they eat them every morning as cereal, and people from Hull.

Reply #1903 Posted: April 12, 2011, 04:14:02 pm
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
Quote from: Wandarah;1375729
The only people that don't think Arsenal are a great club, are people with so many extra chromosomes they eat them every morning as cereal, and people from Hull.

One word to many in that sentence.

Reply #1904 Posted: April 12, 2011, 07:03:31 pm

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
  • R3DM@N has no influence.

Reply #1905 Posted: April 12, 2011, 08:39:33 pm

henno

Looking good  at OT 2- 1 (3-1 agg)  cannot believe Sky has this delayed and not live

quote from BBC match tracker
 Man Utd totally bossing this now, the life sucked out of Chelsea like a popped  balloon following that Park Ji-sung strike.

Another great game for Torres subbed off at half time Drogba comes on and iis a threat straight away and gets a goal.

Reply #1906 Posted: April 13, 2011, 08:29:49 am

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
  • JuDgE MenTaL has no influence.
Oh well, season over and no big surprise really. Very close end to end stuff by the sounds, 1 away goal from going through on 77 minutes then all killed off a minute later. Also, can't believe ESPN got it so wrong as to which game to show live in NZ anyway.

Well done Reds, good luck beating Barca... :)

@Henno, agree never would have started with Torres, and if I had Benayon would have started too. Should have been Drogs and Anelka.

Carlo, down the road probably even though he wasn't to blame for everything.
Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 08:45:11 am by JuDgE MenTaL

Reply #1907 Posted: April 13, 2011, 08:39:48 am
[size=+1]Origin ID - JUDG3-M3NTAL[/size]

www.trench.co.nz
Quote from: leadcollector
“there is very little vegetables I can eat without gagging like a pron

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!

Reply #1908 Posted: April 13, 2011, 01:51:09 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
^^

Reply #1909 Posted: April 13, 2011, 01:59:44 pm

Offline Thetruereddevil

• Addicted
  • Thetruereddevil has no influence.
Drogbas finish was class, Chelsea was up for it today, but i think overall Man U deserved it. Schalke (presumably) in the semis will be interesting, and Barca/Real in the final will be tough....

Reply #1910 Posted: April 13, 2011, 04:37:09 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
@ Judge .
ESPN gets it wrong on their coverage every time

Reply #1911 Posted: April 13, 2011, 06:20:38 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Yea, they did the same thing in Aus for one of Arsenal's last matches - can't remember which one but one was delayed while there was another game live with two teams whom are no where near as big as Arsenal.

Reply #1912 Posted: April 13, 2011, 06:50:30 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
Only thing I cared about this week was the reaming City took @ the hands of the mighty Liverpool.

Reply #1913 Posted: April 13, 2011, 06:58:57 pm

Offline Thetruereddevil

• Addicted
Quote from: kilabee;1376077
Only thing I cared about this week was the reaming City took @ the hands of the mighty Liverpool.

pains me to say it about liverpool, but i could almost handle them crushing Shitty there

Reply #1914 Posted: April 13, 2011, 07:03:35 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
I really don't know who I want to win out of the upcoming City Spurs match.

Anyway, more important news.

I was not aware that there was interest, however THIS is how you deal with transfer rumours.

http://yfrog.com/hsjpqjaj

<3 jack.

Reply #1915 Posted: April 13, 2011, 07:12:08 pm

Offline LeadCollector

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: Spork;1376075
Yea, they did the same thing in Aus for one of Arsenal's last matches - can't remember which one but one was delayed while there was another game live with two teams whom are no where near as big as Arsenal.

Oh I think I remember that one Spork, to be fair I would show Ipswich Vs Notts Forrest over Arsenal any day!

Quote from: kilabee;1376077

I watched the game for the second time.... brilliant Goal from Carroll

Quote from: JontyB;1375999
http://hastorresscoredforchelsea.com/

http://hascarrollscoredforliverpool.com/

Reply #1916 Posted: April 13, 2011, 07:49:03 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
I think that was the game, bloody Ispwich!

Reply #1917 Posted: April 13, 2011, 07:51:36 pm

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
  • R3DM@N has no influence.
GG Man U, Drogba is the man - Torres is so shit ffs! STURRIDGEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Reply #1918 Posted: April 13, 2011, 09:35:22 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Anyone got a clip for the goals from the Man U Chelsea match? 101great goals doesnt seem to be working for me. :(

Reply #1919 Posted: April 13, 2011, 10:04:16 pm

Offline Thetruereddevil

• Addicted
Quote from: Spork;1376147
Anyone got a clip for the goals from the Man U Chelsea match? 101great goals doesnt seem to be working for me. :(

http://playmyfootball.com/manchester-united-2-1-chelsea-champions-league-quarter-final-agg-3-1

Reply #1920 Posted: April 13, 2011, 10:24:42 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Meh, Drogba's goal was O.K I guess.

Reply #1921 Posted: April 13, 2011, 10:59:58 pm

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
Gareth Bale peels bananas with his feet *clap clap* Gareth Bale peels bananas with his feet! *clap clap*

Reply #1922 Posted: April 14, 2011, 09:39:26 am
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Wooh yea Real and Schalke.

Schalke to win the CL.

Reply #1923 Posted: April 14, 2011, 09:56:49 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin

Reply #1924 Posted: April 15, 2011, 01:36:49 am