Topic: Football Thread (formally Soccer Thread)

Offline Aquila Rossa

• Just settled in
  • Aquila Rossa has no influence.
they just won in the CL though. They beat Udinese to qualify for the group stages. I think they will still compete. Lots of pundits wrote them off last season too but they had a good run in the end.
Last time i went to Old Trafford MUFC lost to Middlesborough, which just shows how strong this league is. Any team can win on their day.
Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 03:48:22 pm by Aquila Rossa

Reply #2225 Posted: August 17, 2011, 03:46:06 pm

henno

They won the first leg at home away game next week. Makes it a tough start to season

Reply #2226 Posted: August 17, 2011, 08:02:15 pm

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
  • JuDgE MenTaL has no influence.
Quote from: maorifulla;1411612
gotta feel for arsenal bro

i fuckin hate joey barton and it was him he got song and gervinho put in the stands

plus no wilshere or gibbs. ratsh!t

You can never write the gunners off though

every year people say they wont make the top 4

and they do

The team that scraped the win this morning

Szczesny, Sagna, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Gibbs (Djourou 47), Song, Rosicky (Frimpong 72), Walcott, Ramsey, Gervinho, Chamakh, Djourou (Jenkinson 55).

Unless that changes, you won't make top 4....

Reply #2227 Posted: August 17, 2011, 10:17:00 pm
[size=+1]Origin ID - JUDG3-M3NTAL[/size]

www.trench.co.nz
Quote from: leadcollector
“there is very little vegetables I can eat without gagging like a pron

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Doubt it, we will finish above Liverpool and Spurs no matter the team.

EDIT: On a more serious note, it won't add a whole load of difference, however that team was without RVP and Wilshire, and while most could argue this, Wenger was also in the stands and it is often said that does make a difference to how the team plays (although maybe Pat Rice's more direct approach is something I prefer). Then I expect Gervhino to settle down a bit after a few games, and hopefully we will have one or two more signings by the end of the transfer period.

If Wenger is to be believed we are keeping Nasri, but he also said that we will not sell any of our players last Friday - then Cesc walked out on Monday, so quite honestly I could see Nasri out the door tomorrow morning (UK time) as he has now served his champions league suspension.

Also played our (fullback) defenders out of position for most of the second half.

Honestly I still believe we will finish third or fourth depending on how well City and Chelsea do.
Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 02:00:00 am by Spork

Reply #2228 Posted: August 18, 2011, 01:12:01 am

Offline LeadCollector

• Game Server Admin
  • LeadCollector has no influence.
Quote from: Spork;1412036

Honestly I still believe we will finish third or fourth depending on how well City and Chelsea do.

Oh you poor lad, welcome to the world of a Liverpool supporter.... I reiterate my OP

Quote from: LeadCollector;1411624
They won't make top four! :p

Reply #2229 Posted: August 18, 2011, 09:15:18 am

Quote from: Spork;1411842
Your face won\'t make top four!

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
  • maorifulla has no influence.
Quote from: JuDgE MenTaL;1412008
The team that scraped the win this morning

Szczesny, Sagna, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Gibbs (Djourou 47), Song, Rosicky (Frimpong 72), Walcott, Ramsey, Gervinho, Chamakh, Djourou (Jenkinson 55).

Unless that changes, you won't make top 4....

didnt see the game

but i heard after they scored the goal they parked the bus

Reply #2230 Posted: August 18, 2011, 10:36:00 am

Offline Aquila Rossa

• Just settled in
Quote from: maorifulla;1412120
didnt see the game

but i heard after they scored the goal they parked the bus

We can start saying "1-0 to the Arsenal" and "boring, boring Arsenal" again.

When I was a wee nipper my Greek step father and his family supported Arsenal and they played MUFC in the 1979 FA cup final. I picked United and supported them since. Liverpool used to win everything back then and I sometimes would get caught on my own by gangs of them who would kindly chase me down and give me a good kicking. Bastards! Where I grew up fans of teams other than Liverpool had to stick together to avoid trouble from them. It took until the 90s before MUFC took over at the top.

Reply #2231 Posted: August 18, 2011, 11:19:18 am

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
well good win for Liverpool

Arsenal played pretty well until frimpong was sent off

carroll and henderson need to get some speed and skill

soon as suarez and merieles came on we looked way better

things are already looking better than last season

Reply #2232 Posted: August 21, 2011, 01:57:40 am

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
Just watched the second half as my eyes were fading last night.Good win.
No idea why the Arse fans cheered Frimpong off the park.Pretty much cost them the game with his 'enthusiasm'.

Reply #2233 Posted: August 21, 2011, 08:01:08 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Quote from: maorifulla;1413165
well good win for Liverpool

Arsenal played pretty well until frimpong was sent off

carroll and henderson need to get some speed and skill

soon as suarez and merieles came on we looked way better

things are already looking better than last season

I agree on the Suarez part, but not Merieles, he looked like arse, although I was only watching the game at a pub.

Was a good game until Frimpong got sent off, he was looking real solid which is something we need. However we do not bloody need less players available, stupid of him to put that tackle in.

Reply #2234 Posted: August 21, 2011, 03:13:02 pm

Offline Aquila Rossa

• Just settled in
However we do not bloody need less players available, stupid of him to put that tackle in.

managers should fine them a week's wages perhaps

see this football thread has 10 times more pages than the rugby one lolz. I do not mind rugby, just so many people who follow it tend to be such knuckledraggers about it and they often have a crap attitude towards football, especially when i first came here from england years ago before it got a bigger following here.
Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 08:20:42 pm by Aquila Rossa

Reply #2235 Posted: August 22, 2011, 08:16:23 pm

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
you have to wonder why the knuckledraggers knock football though

considering all the diving and prancing about when they get slightly touched

in all respect rugby and rugby league players can be hit with the same force as a moving car when taking the impact of a tackle  (see sports science on ESPN) and they get peanuts compared to football players

I love Rugby, league and football, they are all fantastic sports

Reply #2236 Posted: August 23, 2011, 08:13:29 am

Offline LeadCollector

• Game Server Admin
  • LeadCollector has no influence.
Quote from: Aquila Rossa;1413702

see this football thread has 10 times more pages than the rugby one lolz.

Yeah sorry about that, most of it will be taken up by Spork posting countless videos that nobody else cares about :p

I like football, League and on occasion short format cricket.... I cant bring myself to follow Rugby with any passion though, it is too slow, the Ref's have too much to say and it is the only game in the world where the crowd cheers when the ball is kicked out of play and the game stops.
I think if you timed the time actually used for playing in Rugby it would bring it down to around 50 mins per game.
I will be watching the Rugby World Cup however as it is a big (ish) event and should have some good action.

Reply #2237 Posted: August 23, 2011, 08:51:49 am

Quote from: Spork;1411842
Your face won\'t make top four!

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
  • R3DM@N has no influence.
Who started the debate? Football only.

PS : Rugby/League so much better.

:P

Feeling for Arsenal, that Samir Nasri chant wont be so good anymore. Hope Man Shitty get relegated :P

Reply #2238 Posted: August 25, 2011, 10:28:58 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Nananana

nananana

hey hey hey

nasri's a cunt.

Since he has been rough with the fans, I hope he gets a small niggling injury and or ends up on the bench along with Clichy. Although to be fair I actually quite like Clichy, and sort of hope he has a decent career, just not with MC. :(
Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 10:34:37 pm by Spork

Reply #2239 Posted: August 25, 2011, 10:32:16 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
beat you had your arse cheeks clenched this morning at 1-0 down.

Reply #2240 Posted: August 25, 2011, 10:33:44 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Haha, nah actually I was full of confidence about the game this morning, the media and other Arsenal fans seemed to over rate Udinese completely. I would've fancied us even if we were up against AC Milan or Inter, let alone Udinese.

+ Szczchesney is the FUCKING BOMB. Best keeper in the world at the moment bar none.

Reply #2241 Posted: August 25, 2011, 10:51:55 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin

SRS. Best in the world.

Reply #2242 Posted: August 26, 2011, 12:39:11 am

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
  • Wandarah has no influence.
Best in the world? You're having a laugh son, your wookies too hairy for polite society I'm afraid.

Still, I knocked the fuck out of some air and hollered a loud and long 'WOOOOOOAAAAAAAHhhhhhhhhhOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO' when he saved it.
Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 11:12:36 am by Wandarah

Reply #2243 Posted: August 26, 2011, 11:10:03 am
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Well, compared to Almunia he looks best in the world. :P

Reply #2244 Posted: August 26, 2011, 01:44:59 pm

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
almunia and de gea look related lol

Reply #2245 Posted: August 26, 2011, 01:55:16 pm

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
  • Wandarah has no influence.
Quote from: Spork;1415058
Well, compared to Almunia he looks best in the world. :P

True that. So do I.

Reply #2246 Posted: August 26, 2011, 02:21:17 pm
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Poor Al, he is still at the club isn't he? Even Mannone is ahead of him though.

Reply #2247 Posted: August 26, 2011, 02:31:04 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
R.I.P EPL.

It is unfortunate that these oil merchant fucks can come into the league, and in three years turn City from losing by seven goals to Middlesbrough

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/7381794.stm

Then 500 million quid later and they will probably at least be challenging for all four trophies.

EDIT: Just going to leave this post here, and not visit this thread again until at least a week has passed.

If nothing changes this season I really do have to wonder if the Arsenal Board are Arsenal supporters.
Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 04:45:36 am by Spork

Reply #2248 Posted: August 29, 2011, 02:44:02 am

Offline Aquila Rossa

• Just settled in
MUFC! 8 Goobers 2

:) :) :)

Was looking forward to real battle against the goobers, but that will do nicely.

Reply #2249 Posted: August 29, 2011, 04:57:08 am