Topic: Football Thread (formally Soccer Thread)

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
  • maorifulla has no influence.
arteta confirmed for Arsenal

Reply #2275 Posted: September 01, 2011, 10:21:00 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Yea, I am reasonably happy with Arsenal's transfers this window. Very happy to see that we only loaned Big Bendy out for the season, I still believe that he has what it takes to do well with us, but a lot of the fans seem to disagree, so the time away from the club will only do him well, and Sunderland are a great club.

I am excited for the weekend now, no idea who will start for us against Swansea, but I do feel sorry for them, as I see nothing but 3 points coming our way.

Reply #2276 Posted: September 01, 2011, 02:28:18 pm

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
  • R3DM@N has no influence.
Mere wasnt a shock. Would prefer Adam :P

I dont like the transfering within the EPL.. No loyalty anymore ay?

Reply #2277 Posted: September 01, 2011, 07:05:17 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Quote from: R3DM@N;1416890
Mere wasnt a shock. Would prefer Adam :P

Yea, the players are all about money these days. Even Arteta's move to Arsenal - he has taken a pay cut but he will be in the Champs league now.

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/league-tables/2006-2011.html
Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 03:51:34 pm by Spork

Reply #2278 Posted: September 01, 2011, 07:19:48 pm

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
  • JuDgE MenTaL has no influence.
Quote from: R3DM@N;1416890

Agreed about transferring within, as for loyalty the only player that's banged in a transfer recently at Chelsea was Zhirkov and that wasn't just about money, but I guess theres nowhere to move up to :)

Not like Spurs where even a transfer to West Ham is considered a move up.

Like anything else in the prem, loyalty can be bought too.

tbh, I don't blame them, easy to sit there and take moral high ground when it's not you having a massive cheque waved under your nose. Short careers footballers, and they can suffer a career ending injury at any time.
Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 11:09:21 pm by JuDgE MenTaL

Reply #2279 Posted: September 02, 2011, 11:07:04 pm
[size=+1]Origin ID - JUDG3-M3NTAL[/size]

www.trench.co.nz
Quote from: leadcollector
“there is very little vegetables I can eat without gagging like a pron

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Yea, very true, and I would love to know how much these players earn after tax, but it's still a bazjivillion dollars more than me.

Reply #2280 Posted: September 07, 2011, 12:58:43 pm

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
Erm..... no need to stop posting just because the RWC is on, now where's the loyalty?

I'll get us re-started..

Reply #2281 Posted: September 14, 2011, 12:28:39 pm

www.trench.co.nz

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
re re start. Can things get any worse for the arse.4-3 to bottom of the table Blackburn. Loyalties will be tested.

Reply #2282 Posted: September 18, 2011, 11:54:47 am

henno

One of the better starts to the season I can remember.  Wenger's job must be in doubt

Reply #2283 Posted: September 18, 2011, 01:21:42 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
My money is on that Wenger will be at Arsenal at the end of the season no matter what, even if we are still in the same league position (where ever we end up after tonight's games) at the end of the season. I mean, who else is there? Rafa? lol

I feel sorry for the players, must be so draining to go through such a continuous horror show, with no signs that it's going to change.

That's not saying that there were not signs in last night's game that we CAN play Wenger ball, but it's going to take a hell of a lot of work to get us the fuck out of this shit that is happening at the moment.

If we make top four this season, I will be one happy Spork.

Seems a whole lot like Liverpool of last season though. :(

Reply #2284 Posted: September 18, 2011, 02:33:42 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: maorifulla;1415744
how about after today?

poor gai

Or today. =(

I used to love waking up on Sunday/ Monday morning and reading over the game I watched the night before, where Arsenal ripped some team apart. Seriously been so long (probably Blackburn last season) since I've seen that happen. Team is in deep shite.

Reply #2285 Posted: September 18, 2011, 03:02:13 pm

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
Quote from: kilabee;1423160
re re start. Can things get any worse for the arse.4-3 to bottom of the table Blackburn. Loyalties will be tested.
Fuck off. I've been supporting them since the early 70's and will continue to do so, no matter how low Wenger takes them.

Reply #2286 Posted: September 18, 2011, 06:58:48 pm
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
Quote from: TofuEater;1423291
Fuck off. I've been supporting them since the early 70's and will continue to do so, no matter how low Wenger takes them.

fair enough.Don't take it so personal LOL. Your coach loyalties crack me up though.Show us your double standard.

Reply #2287 Posted: September 18, 2011, 07:07:35 pm

Offline TofuEater

Don't get me wrong - i hate that cheese-eating surrender monkey with a passion. The sooner he's gone, the better.

Reply #2288 Posted: September 18, 2011, 08:49:03 pm
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
I definitely understand all the talk of people wanting Wenger out, but seriously, who is good enough to replace him?

Then again, at the moment, bloody Allardyce couldn't do much worse of a job.

Reply #2289 Posted: September 18, 2011, 09:16:50 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
Most of the time in the EPL coaches are discarded way to soon. Wenger has had a fair crack a it and produced a few results, but you can only listen to the same speeches before the game for so long before it gets stale and fails to motivate (sir Alex seems to have the magic potion for this one though).Between this and lack of quality stock maybe its time to show him the door.Not my club so not to concerned if he stays.

Reply #2290 Posted: September 18, 2011, 09:32:15 pm

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
Yea let him stay, Arsenal ain't much of a threat with him there ;p. Score 4 goals and lose 4 -2...incredible.

Really can't see them being top half of the table leave alone top 4 tbh. Gervinho and RVP don't look like they are going to work though, early days of course, plenty of time for it to come right.

Hoping we can hold the Mancs today, but incase we don't thought I'd get a dig at Arsenal in early :)
Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 11:06:55 pm by JuDgE MenTaL

Reply #2291 Posted: September 18, 2011, 11:04:44 pm

www.trench.co.nz

Offline TofuEater

Quote from: Spork;1423335
I definitely understand all the talk of people wanting Wenger out, but seriously, who is good enough to replace him?
Mate, i'd take Kevin Fucken Keegan at this stage. Wenger's done shit since Henry left except collect his paycheck.

Reply #2292 Posted: September 18, 2011, 11:27:57 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: JuDgE MenTaL;1423367
Gervinho and RVP don't look like they are going to work

RVP got real mad at Gerv for being too greedy during the Blackburn match. Made me happy, I think there are too many pansies in the Arsenal squad.

1-0 down, red card... Against Spurs? Damn. LOLerpool alright.

Reply #2293 Posted: September 19, 2011, 01:12:45 am

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
Fuckin Spurs.Can hardly expect to do anything with nine men I suppose.

Reply #2294 Posted: September 19, 2011, 06:20:19 am

Offline LeadCollector

• Game Server Admin
  • LeadCollector has no influence.
Dear Kenny,

WTF? Seriously Kenny what the fuck was going through your mind?
It is time for the useless piece of shit Skrtel to go, why your at it kick fucken Carragher to the curb too! I have seen the French army put up a better defence than I saw this morning.
Sad state of affairs when your best line of defence is the last line of defence, that being Reina!
Sort it out by next weeks match please :)

Regards,
Lead.

Reply #2295 Posted: September 19, 2011, 09:40:40 am

Quote from: Spork;1411842
Your face won\'t make top four!

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
  • maorifulla has no influence.
farkin tell me about it

carra is always getting owned these days

man that was embarrassing today

hopefully stevie g is back next week

Reply #2296 Posted: September 19, 2011, 09:53:02 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Hey Liverpool fans, nevermind, there is enough room on this sinking ship for the both of us! Although TBH I think it's the other way around, just Arsenal's end of the ship has recently broken off and is 95% submerged, and Liverpool were at least looking as if the rescue boats were out.

Reply #2297 Posted: September 19, 2011, 01:33:13 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
i have the bail out bucket at the ready.

Reply #2298 Posted: September 19, 2011, 02:06:47 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Dear Liverpool fans,

Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Signed,
Chelsea

Reply #2299 Posted: September 19, 2011, 02:23:17 pm