Topic: Football Thread (formally Soccer Thread)

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
I must say I find the thought of Man U not winning anything this year appealing.

Maybe the English teams should put a bit more importance in the Europa Cup, City, Spurs and United all fielded second string teams in that comp

Reply #2825 Posted: May 01, 2012, 02:27:47 pm

Offline Zenith

• Just settled in
  • Zenith has no influence.
Looks like City have the Hardest finish playing Newcastle.  A draw there and it will be all over.  QPR, Swansea and Sutherland for there other games should all be wins.  Still 8 goals ahead on difference so it is theirs to lose now.
I will support City for this one.  Man U don't need another one.  Throwing a crap load of money at a mid table club seems to have worked.  They just have to win for a while other wise the banks will call their loans in.

Reply #2826 Posted: May 01, 2012, 05:58:34 pm
 (Until I find a current one...)

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Sunderland aren't a push over team.

Reply #2827 Posted: May 01, 2012, 10:04:58 pm

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
  • Wandarah has no influence.
Neither are Swansea. City have the hardest game of the remaining fixtures, no doubt though. Still, with the margins so fine - who would bet against the swing?

I'd still rather United take it, somehow. City fans have become almost as fucking insufferable as Chelsea fans. They've bought it, that's all, nothing else. I dunno if there's much to be genuinely proud of - they have a fucking spectacular squad, one of the best in the world on paper - you could perhaps even argue that it should be done by now. United winning it though, would be a genuine achievement.

Preferably someone just nukes Manchester, obviously.
Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 09:15:58 am by Wandarah

Reply #2828 Posted: May 02, 2012, 09:11:05 am
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
  • R3DM@N has no influence.
Agreed Wandarah.

But I must say, Chelsea have been consistent for almost a decade now with a squad that really hasnt changed too much so I mean when Bramo came he invested in a broke club and invested in players that are still here today.. City are alot different because they were a mid table team with money and got a huge investment. They are buying players with huge price tags and most of them wont stay for no longer than a year or two. United are just a team full of diving poofs and Sir Alex argues with everyone when he doesnt get his way :P

So either way, fuck the mancs
Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 10:04:37 am by R3DM@N

Reply #2829 Posted: May 02, 2012, 10:02:06 am

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
Ah, oops - sorry, I didn't meant to automatically relate how insufferable you are to your dirty filthy Russian mob-money influx. You guys are insufferable for a great many reasons outside of your bank account being filled with the blood of a million innocent children.

Reply #2830 Posted: May 02, 2012, 10:04:03 am
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
Poor effort this morning - great tatics by Newcastle, using Chelseas tatics against them

Reply #2831 Posted: May 03, 2012, 02:20:58 pm

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
I'm more concerned about this weekends match.

And a win in Germany and who gives a fuck where we end up on the table

Reply #2832 Posted: May 03, 2012, 10:12:56 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Only two matches left and even though we are third, still no guarantee of getting fourth. Arsenal definitely need to beat Norwich, do not want to go into the last game away to WBA in Woy's last game for them having to win it.

Reply #2833 Posted: May 03, 2012, 11:19:15 pm

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
Haha beat the Germans with Arsenal 4th :P

Reply #2834 Posted: May 04, 2012, 10:47:06 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
^I think you should be worrying about the FA cup first mate. :P

Reply #2835 Posted: May 04, 2012, 12:11:36 pm

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
  • JuDgE MenTaL has no influence.
Newcastle beat us by two very good (and slightly fortunate) goals. They weren't all over us, but RDM got the tactics all wrong. Miereles and Malouda against an in form team..laughable really. Or did he... look at it from his point of view, he wants the job. 4th is no good to him if he's not at the club next season, which he won't be if he lets 2 trophies go. FA Cup and a good fight in the CL, possibly even a win should be enough, the league position isn't his fault.

Reply #2836 Posted: May 05, 2012, 06:49:26 pm
[size=+1]Origin ID - JUDG3-M3NTAL[/size]

www.trench.co.nz
Quote from: leadcollector
“there is very little vegetables I can eat without gagging like a pron

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Well done Arsenal..

Reply #2837 Posted: May 06, 2012, 02:53:45 am

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
^^^  Slip sliding away

But how about the blues eh, Another trophy in the cabinet, we might have to hit up our friendly neighbours for theres as they aren't using it

Reply #2838 Posted: May 06, 2012, 07:24:44 am

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Trounced the scousers :-)

Reply #2839 Posted: May 06, 2012, 08:28:54 am

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
Winners! One down, One to go.

Reply #2840 Posted: May 06, 2012, 09:42:26 am

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
Fkin Glorious!

Reply #2841 Posted: May 06, 2012, 11:20:01 am

www.trench.co.nz

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
I can't take much more of this season. Dire Arsenal let off the hook again - one more chance for me to stay up late, drinking heavily and swearing at the television, yay.

The thought of Nasri liting the PL trophy makes me fucking puke.

Reply #2842 Posted: May 07, 2012, 10:14:32 am
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
Exactly wandarah. Newcastle deserve to be up there..

I am much happier seeing Citeh up there than Man U though tbh - might be the only time they get it :P

Reply #2843 Posted: May 07, 2012, 01:45:29 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
I doubt City will fade away after one season, they will surely just spend more money to keep their squad at its best.. At least for a bit. Just need to work on their European performances.

Reply #2844 Posted: May 07, 2012, 11:50:40 pm

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
Wow, those Blackburn owners really, really fucked their club. I mean sure, you can blame the players, manager etc - who all rightfully suck - but they were just fine before Venkeys showed up.

'We will lavish 5 million pounds for player transfers!' <- Spot the cunts that know nothing about football.
'We will sign Ronaldhino!' <- Just, wow.

Reply #2845 Posted: May 08, 2012, 09:29:32 am
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
Quote from: Wandarah;1484329
Wow, those Blackburn owners really, really fucked their club. I mean sure, you can blame the players, manager etc - who all rightfully suck - but they were just fine before Venkeys showed up.

'We will lavish 5 million pounds for player transfers!' <- Spot the cunts that know nothing about football.
'We will sign Ronaldhino!' <- Just, wow.

Haha yea, unbelievable eh. See they chucked a chicken on the pitch with a blackburn flag wrapped round it...classic. Blackburn fans screaming for Steve Keane to be sacked, ffs they can't lay it all at his door...some but not all.

Still, I'm sure getting Ronaldhino for 5M will fix it, I for one reckon he can't fuckin wait to get stuck into the likes of Leeds on a wet Sunday afternoon in January.

Reply #2846 Posted: May 08, 2012, 07:04:21 pm

www.trench.co.nz

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin

Reply #2847 Posted: May 08, 2012, 08:28:14 pm

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
Is that meant to be inspirational or something Spork?

Will say Henry is amazing.

Reply #2848 Posted: May 08, 2012, 09:18:33 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
lol I did get a feel of that, but I just think it is a very well made video.

Reply #2849 Posted: May 08, 2012, 09:31:46 pm