Topic: Football Thread (formally Soccer Thread)

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
  • Wandarah has no influence.
What genius coach is going to come in and do anything more than he has with a group of well, third-tier players?

Reply #2925 Posted: June 09, 2012, 11:37:50 am
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
  • R3DM@N has no influence.
Exactly, what is the point of dumping Herbet?

Reply #2926 Posted: June 09, 2012, 02:37:50 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
Yeah good thinking let him coach them forever.

Reply #2927 Posted: June 09, 2012, 05:37:53 pm

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
BL Portugal this morning :(

Good to see Denmark being a king killer

Reply #2928 Posted: June 10, 2012, 03:17:27 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
^The last time I saw a team play as 'off' as Holland last night was Barcelona in the CL against Chelsea. ;)

Reply #2929 Posted: June 10, 2012, 08:22:31 pm

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
Far out personal attacks here mate!

What have Arsenal got lately? F-all.

Reply #2930 Posted: June 10, 2012, 08:52:47 pm

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
Quote from: Spork;1489585
^The last time I saw a team play as 'off' as Holland last night was Barcelona in the CL against Chelsea. ;)

Ha you little butthurt bitch at some clubs success happens, at arsenal it doesn't :loyal:

Reply #2931 Posted: June 10, 2012, 11:26:30 pm

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
Sounds like Di Matteo is going to keep his job...chin chin!

Reply #2932 Posted: June 11, 2012, 08:32:06 am

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
Quote from: kilabee;1489438
Yeah good thinking let him coach them forever.

What level do you think the All Whites should be at? Problem with NZ football isn't the fucking National Coach mate.

Reply #2933 Posted: June 11, 2012, 10:32:20 am
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
Quote from: Wandarah;1489629
What level do you think the All Whites should be at?

I think we should be at  the Confederations Cup.That would have been the minimum expectation going into that tournament would it not? People have to be held accountable for what has to be the worst performance by our national squad for the last decade.Part of the problem is Herbert has to much power and not enough accountability. The fact Grant McKavanagh comes out less than 12 hours after the loss and says his job is safe without even looking into what went wrong is a joke.
I know Ricki is not the whole problem but a new voice in there would be able to have a far more objective look at what is going wrong within the squad.

Reply #2934 Posted: June 11, 2012, 11:17:49 am

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
Well, fair enough.

I'm just of the school of though that you could appoint Guardiola, and he'd struggle to achieve any sort of consistency with *anyone* selectable.

Reply #2935 Posted: June 11, 2012, 01:42:33 pm
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
I am gonna say this with no disrespect but we should be a lot better - teams with little or no money have developed players alot better than our team who have been taken in young, playing in our top tier competitions for this area and losing. I mean where does the buck stop? We shouldnt be losing to teams like New Caledonia and only just beating Fiji? And we wanna go to World Cup again?

Reply #2936 Posted: June 11, 2012, 02:39:37 pm

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
I would like to see a coach with more of an attacking philosophy, the Phoenix and the all whites are too conservative

Reply #2937 Posted: June 11, 2012, 07:26:51 pm

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
  • JuDgE MenTaL has no influence.
I'm with Wandarah, ain't the manager that's the problem. Herbert did an amazing job when he managed to get the bag of fail that was the NZ Knights winning just before the plug was pulled.

Reply #2938 Posted: June 12, 2012, 07:39:07 am
[size=+1]Origin ID - JUDG3-M3NTAL[/size]

www.trench.co.nz
Quote from: leadcollector
“there is very little vegetables I can eat without gagging like a pron

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Quote from: R3DM@N;1489591
Far out personal attacks here mate!

What have Arsenal got lately? F-all.

Sorry mate, didn't realise that's classed as personal. It was said in jest anyway.

It's half true though, without bashing on Chelsea, Barcelona did have an off game - that may well have been due to Chelsea defending quite well, but both Holland and Barcelona missed a lot of chances in their games.

Reply #2939 Posted: June 12, 2012, 12:19:29 pm

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
Maybe its down to defence..Desperate times they will shoot from anywhere, look at Robben and Ribery in the Bayern game. Same with Barcelona..everyone was trying to take a shot to get one in. Cant take anything away from Chelsea in my opinion, thats why they have 2 game legs so why didnt they beat us in the game they weren't having their off game?

Reply #2940 Posted: June 13, 2012, 08:35:27 am

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
Quote from: R3DM@N;1489656
I am gonna say this with no disrespect but we should be a lot better - teams with little or no money have developed players alot better than our team who have been taken in young, playing in our top tier competitions for this area and losing. I mean where does the buck stop? We shouldnt be losing to teams like New Caledonia and only just beating Fiji? And we wanna go to World Cup again?

I'd day the A-League is about League 2 in the UK - quality wise.

Reply #2941 Posted: June 15, 2012, 12:48:28 pm
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
Agreed Wandarah - sad huh?

Reply #2942 Posted: June 15, 2012, 01:32:25 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
[size=12] THORRES [/size]
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh59/kilabee_photo/4491026_460s.jpg
Football Thread (formally Soccer Thread)
Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 01:02:30 pm by kilabee

Reply #2943 Posted: June 16, 2012, 12:57:55 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin

Reply #2944 Posted: June 17, 2012, 09:04:51 pm

Offline LeadCollector

• Game Server Admin
  • LeadCollector has no influence.
Leave Ryan alone! at least at QPR he will get game time.

Reply #2945 Posted: June 18, 2012, 10:54:19 am

Quote from: Spork;1411842
Your face won\'t make top four!

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
Wd Spain. Deserved winners and a nice little Chelsea double touch for the last goal.

Reply #2946 Posted: July 02, 2012, 03:42:13 pm

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
BL Balotelli.

Reply #2947 Posted: July 03, 2012, 12:23:42 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Good to see Torres catching a break, he honestly deserves trophies after the year he has been through at Chelsea.

Reply #2948 Posted: July 04, 2012, 10:42:33 pm

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
  • JuDgE MenTaL has no influence.
RIP RVP.... haha wtf Arsenal. Probably save it with a massive cheque of course, but they haven't managed to before.

Robin van Persie could be on his way out of Arsenal after refusing to sign a new contract.

In a statement on his official website, the Dutch striker revealed he will not extend his deal beyond when it expires next summer.

It has put Manchester City on red alert as they attempt to lure him to the Etihad Stadium

Van Persie said: 'This is an update for the fans about my current situation. I have kept quiet all this time out of respect and loyalty for the club and as agreed with Mr Gazidis and Mr Wenger, but since there is so much speculation in the media, I think it is fair for you guys to know what’s really going on at the moment.

'As announced earlier this year I had a meeting with the boss and Mr Gazidis after the season. This was a meeting about the club’s future strategy and their policy. Financial terms or a contract have not been discussed, since that is not my priority at all.

'I personally have had a great season but my goal has been to win trophies with the team and to bring the club back to its glory days.

'Out of my huge respect for Mr Wenger, the players and the fans I don’t want to go into any details, but unfortunately in this meeting it has again become clear to me that we in many aspects disagree on the way Arsenal FC should move forward.

'I’ve thought long and hard about it, but I have decided not to extend my contract. You guys, the fans, have of course the right to disagree with my view and decision and I will always respect your opinions.

'I love the club and the fans, no matter what happens. I have grown up and became a man during my time with Arsenal FC.

'Everybody at the club and the fans have always supported me over the years and I have always given my all (and more) on and off the pitch. I am very proud of being part of this fantastic club for the last eight years.

'As soon as Mr Gazidis is back from his two-week holiday in America further meetings will follow and I will update you if and when there are more developments.'

City will now prepare their bid to prise him away. Van Persie has been boss Roberto Mancini's top target ever since they lifted the Barclays Premier League title.

Juventus are also interested, while Barcelona and Real Madrid could still make a move.

Van Persie is the latest big player to quit Arsenal in a quest for trophies, following in the footsteps of Cesc Fabregas, Samir Nasri, Gael Clichy and Thierry Henry.

Reply #2949 Posted: July 05, 2012, 06:55:11 am
[size=+1]Origin ID - JUDG3-M3NTAL[/size]

www.trench.co.nz
Quote from: leadcollector
“there is very little vegetables I can eat without gagging like a pron