Topic: Football Thread (formally Soccer Thread)

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
Quote from: Spork;1047955
Sucks bad for Arsenal then, as that means we have to play two catch up matches.

Meh, we're three points behind Chelsea now and looking good to make a storming run home. And it looks like Sol Campbell will be back to help win the title. :rnr:

Reply #425 Posted: January 14, 2010, 07:09:19 am
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
  • maorifulla has no influence.
Fuckn liverpool lost to burnley LOL

man i need this season to end and pray for the next

Reply #426 Posted: January 14, 2010, 02:34:09 pm

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
  • R3DM@N has no influence.
Tofu - you got the top teams at end of jan

Reply #427 Posted: January 14, 2010, 05:00:57 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Quote from: maorifulla;1050307
Fuckn liverpool lost to burnley LOL

man i need this season to end and pray for the next

Well yes I am fairly sure they did, but they just lost to Reading during the week in the FA cup.. Now that is almost as embaressing as the Premier League holders losing to Leeds.

Reply #428 Posted: January 14, 2010, 09:24:52 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Quote from: R3DM@N;1050435

Top teams? Chelsea are the only 'top' team apart from Arsenal. Liverpool are royally fucked, and Man U are no where near what they once were.

Reply #429 Posted: January 14, 2010, 09:38:56 pm

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
Now now spork hah no need to get pro-Arsenal!

You cant tell me you can play Aston, Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, Sunderland in a row and be fine..thats a heavy draw and it will determine alot of whats gonna happen now at the business end of the season

Reply #430 Posted: January 14, 2010, 10:32:17 pm

Offline TofuEater

Quote from: R3DM@N;1050435

Yeah its an interesting draw, but if we get through it then there's not much to stop us. Chelsea are still vulnerable and if we can knock them over i don't see too many stumbling blocks.

We're playing better football than any of the other teams at the moment (and winning), so the rest of the pack's got to catch us. The re-introduction of Campbell can only be a good thing.

Reply #431 Posted: January 15, 2010, 06:58:03 am
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
Should be good set of games :D

Birmigham are on form team!

Reply #432 Posted: January 15, 2010, 05:55:31 pm

Offline TofuEater

Jeez, good game by the Phoenix tonight. :rnr:

Reply #433 Posted: January 15, 2010, 10:45:15 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
I lost all interest in the A-league this year, since Adelaide United pulled a Liverpool.

Reply #434 Posted: January 15, 2010, 10:50:38 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
Quote from: TofuEater;1051076
Jeez, good game by the Phoenix tonight. :rnr:

Starting to look the business.

Reply #435 Posted: January 15, 2010, 10:52:44 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headlines/0,,12306~1932089,00.html

Hmm, I wonder was that an offer or did Everton not like him?

Oh well, off to join Kewell I think.

Reply #436 Posted: January 15, 2010, 11:21:50 pm

Offline TofuEater

Check out that form guide. :finger:
http://www.premierleague.com/page/FormGuide

Reply #437 Posted: January 16, 2010, 06:25:53 am

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
Chelseaaaaa - 7-2 vs sunderland

Reply #438 Posted: January 17, 2010, 10:48:25 am

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
Just finished watching^^. Impressive.

Reply #439 Posted: January 17, 2010, 11:17:42 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: R3DM@N;1051486
Chelseaaaaa - 7-2 vs sunderland

Yea that's amazing. Although they did concede 2. :P

Reply #440 Posted: January 17, 2010, 02:59:56 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
For once I can stay up and watch this game without knowing I'm going to be stuffed for work on Monday, as I have it off! Woot.

Come on 10-0 to the mighty Arsenal. =D

Reply #441 Posted: January 18, 2010, 03:21:51 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
I love it when your team plays like a bunch of two year olds and still gets the 3 points!

0-2 against Bolton, and I'm predicting much of the same when they visit Arsenal on Wednesday. Although hopefully we will be a lot more composed, easily could have lost this one, probably should have drawn it, if it wasn't for Almunia putting in his first good game of the season.

Reply #442 Posted: January 18, 2010, 07:04:28 am

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
Good to see Cesc back into it

Reply #443 Posted: January 18, 2010, 12:27:20 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: R3DM@N;1051936
Good to see Cesc back into it

Indeed, he must be the best player in the EPL at the moment.

Vermaelan is definitely the biggest surprise of the season, he dominates the defensive area.

Just miss our world class striker in RVP.

Next season we will go unbeaten. :bigglasse

Reply #444 Posted: January 18, 2010, 10:32:13 pm

Offline TofuEater

And the Gunners go top of the Premiership - w00t! :rnr:

Reply #445 Posted: January 21, 2010, 12:40:46 pm

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
  • maorifulla has no influence.
yep

chelsea still have a game in hand but good to see Arsenal up there putting the pressure on

Arsenals Defence is a bit flimsy at times but we shall see how they go in the later stages

Im just glad Liverpool are back intouch with the top 4 :)

Reply #446 Posted: January 21, 2010, 02:59:40 pm

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
Arsenal now gotta push themselves to beat Chelsea, Man U, Villa, Sunderland, Liverpool in the space of a month to even maintain the top..

Dont worry the all mighty Blues will make sure they stay on top

Reply #447 Posted: January 21, 2010, 04:59:53 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: maorifulla;1054004
yep

chelsea still have a game in hand but good to see Arsenal up there putting the pressure on

Arsenal were a game down, and usually reasonably close to the top of the table even while being a game down, but no one ever said anything about that, and then I go to the EPL website, and the first thing I read is 'Arsenal go top, BUT CHELSEA ARE A GAME DOWN!!!!!!!!' :P

Quote from: R3DM@N;1054106
Arsenal now gotta push themselves to beat Chelsea, Man U, Villa, Sunderland, Liverpool in the space of a month to even maintain the top..

Easily beat Liverpool, should def beat Villa and Sunderland, Man U is at the Emirates, and we should have beaten them at Old Trafford, so that should be another win, and we will park the bus at the Bridge, and pull out a point, and then from there on we have a free run to the title.

Dont worry the all mighty Blues will make sure they stay on top

Oh cheers man, that's really thoughtful that Chelsea will make sure Arsenal stay top. :)

Reply #448 Posted: January 21, 2010, 08:54:28 pm

Offline Thetruereddevil

• Addicted
  • Thetruereddevil has no influence.
Quote from: Spork;1054277
Arsenal were a game down, and usually reasonably close to the top of the table even while being a game down, but no one ever said anything about that, and then I go to the EPL website, and the first thing I read is 'Arsenal go top, BUT CHELSEA ARE A GAME DOWN!!!!!!!!' :P

Easily beat Liverpool, should def beat Villa and Sunderland, Man U is at the Emirates, and we should have beaten them at Old Trafford, so that should be another win, and we will park the bus at the Bridge, and pull out a point, and then from there on we have a free run to the title.

Oh cheers man, that's really thoughtful that Chelsea will make sure Arsenal stay top. :)

Ignore Man U at your peril;)

Reply #449 Posted: January 21, 2010, 11:11:02 pm