Topic: Football Thread (formally Soccer Thread)

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Quote from: Thetruereddevil;1054373
Ignore Man U at your peril;)

Who? ;)

Arshavin was very selfish at the end of our match though, should definitely have put that one off to Walcott, and well he really deserved not to get a second for being so selfish.

Reply #450 Posted: January 22, 2010, 12:52:20 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
I wish Real or Barca would hurry the hell up and buy Rooney already.

Reply #451 Posted: January 24, 2010, 05:52:29 pm

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
  • R3DM@N has no influence.
Wish Chelsea would hurry up and play so we can get our points

Reply #452 Posted: January 24, 2010, 05:55:45 pm

Offline Zenith

• Just settled in
  • Zenith has no influence.
Quote from: Spork;1055818

Rooney wouldn't last long in spain - 30 minutes on the M62 from liverpool is as good as it gets.  
personally I can't imagine him trying to speak spanish and dealing with all those "foreigners"

Man U back on top at the moment....

Reply #453 Posted: January 24, 2010, 08:37:53 pm
 (Until I find a current one...)

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Well that fucks off to the Carling AND the FA cup now... Real great..

Reply #454 Posted: January 25, 2010, 04:14:27 am

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
I bet Arsenal is Stoked ;)

Reply #455 Posted: January 25, 2010, 07:41:48 am
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline TuataraDude

• Devoted Member
  • TuataraDude has no influence.
Quote from: Spork;1055818

Real can have him, we don't want him.

By "we", I mean Barcelona. I may like Liverpool, but Barcelone ranks higher on my pecking order and PSV Eindhoven at the very top.

Reply #456 Posted: January 25, 2010, 08:22:50 am
Just when I thought I was out, they drag me back in.

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1055983
I bet Arsenal is Stoked ;)

You're a cruel and heartless man! Don't you have any compassion for those of us who are mourning? :disappoin

Reply #457 Posted: January 25, 2010, 08:57:51 am
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
I'm a Spurs supporter. Need I say more?!

Reply #458 Posted: January 25, 2010, 09:10:01 am
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

henno

Quote from: Spork;1054277
Arsenal were a game down, and usually reasonably close to the top of the table even while being a game down, but no one ever said anything about that, and then I go to the EPL website, and the first thing I read is 'Arsenal go top, BUT CHELSEA ARE A GAME DOWN!!!!!!!!' :P

Easily beat Liverpool, should def beat Villa and Sunderland, Man U is at the Emirates, and we should have beaten them at Old Trafford, so that should be another win, and we will park the bus at the Bridge, and pull out a point, and then from there on we have a free run to the title.

Oh cheers man, that's really thoughtful that Chelsea will make sure Arsenal stay top. :)

Perhaps because a game in hand is not points in the bank where  the Arse are concerned.
Looking forward to moving another 3 points ahead after the weekend and wait for Chelsea to slip up

Reply #459 Posted: January 28, 2010, 02:14:58 pm

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
CHELSEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Reply #460 Posted: January 28, 2010, 06:51:24 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Meh, you will bottle it eventually.

Reply #461 Posted: January 28, 2010, 09:48:23 pm

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
the Africans prob gna come and fuck it up for everyone but hopefully they will realise there better players within the squad and step up!

Reply #462 Posted: January 28, 2010, 10:15:16 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: R3DM@N;1058644
the Africans prob gna come and fuck it up for everyone!

I can't wait for Song to be back in our side, Denilson is the worst Brazilian and worst Defensive Midfielder in the world.

Reply #463 Posted: January 28, 2010, 10:16:03 pm

Offline TofuEater

Spork - did you see that the Phoenix beat Adelaide for the first time in the A-League? :rnr:

TBH, both sides played some pretty ordinary football, but i think the Phoenix might have learned something about defence that will help them later in the finals.

Reply #464 Posted: January 31, 2010, 07:02:19 am
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
Wish I went, it was in CHCH

Chelsea had good win, Man U vs Arseholes tonight..I want Arsenal to win to keep gap

Reply #465 Posted: January 31, 2010, 10:17:19 am

Offline Zenith

• Just settled in
  • Zenith has no influence.
Big game.  I'm wanting Arsenal to win, prefered over Chelsea and Man U
and about due for an EPL win.

Still looking like a good finish to the season with the top 3 and then 4 battling for fourth

Reply #466 Posted: January 31, 2010, 11:00:00 am
 (Until I find a current one...)

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
Wanting Man City to make an apperance at the top 4 but then again Totterz, Aston Villa, Liverpool all going for it

Reply #467 Posted: January 31, 2010, 01:09:19 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Yea, I did see that. I haven't watched any A-league this year, gave up since Adelaide are so crap.

Lucky win for Chelsea last night, hopefully arsenal will get one of the same  tonight.

Reply #468 Posted: January 31, 2010, 03:00:39 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
And there goes another one down the drain.

8 points down now counting Chelsea's game in hand. Bleh.

Reply #469 Posted: February 01, 2010, 06:56:50 am

henno

Nice result  :bounce:  got to love it when fans boo a player then he sticks it up them

Arsesol Whinger didn't look happy

Reply #470 Posted: February 01, 2010, 06:58:55 am

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
  • maorifulla has no influence.
Arsenals defence was shit and they still have the same weakness in the transition of play as they showed against Man City

Soon as Man U countered arsenal are all over the show. No one wants to make a decision on who to take

I think Wenger needs to invest in some Defence. Get rid of almunia as well

Reply #471 Posted: February 01, 2010, 08:10:13 am

Offline Thetruereddevil

• Addicted
  • Thetruereddevil has no influence.
Quote from: henno;1060925
Nice result  :bounce:  got to love it when fans boo a player then he sticks it up them

Arsesol Whinger didn't look happy

...:D

Reply #472 Posted: February 01, 2010, 08:15:07 am

Offline TofuEater

Quote from: Thetruereddevil;1060943
...:D

How 'bout those Vikings, eh? :finger:

Reply #473 Posted: February 01, 2010, 02:33:54 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
We looked quite promising until they scored their first, and then after they scored their third we also looked good, but Arshavin didn't have his finishing boots on, and ruined many a chances.

Denilson and Almunia need to be replaced. Both were responsible for at least one of the goals each.

Reply #474 Posted: February 01, 2010, 02:40:26 pm