Topic: Football Thread (formally Soccer Thread)

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
  • R3DM@N has no influence.
Liverpool beat us and then lost to Stoke!

Reply #1150 Posted: November 14, 2010, 09:40:55 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
We drew with Liverpool, then they lost to Man City..

Chelsea beat Arsenal.

Weird season. :S

Reply #1151 Posted: November 14, 2010, 09:45:43 pm

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
3-0 down to sunderland??? nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Reply #1152 Posted: November 15, 2010, 07:33:20 am

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
  • JuDgE MenTaL has no influence.
Lucky it was only 3, we were fkn terrible. Not sure if it's anything to do with sacking Wilkins but you gotta ask the question. No Essien, No Frank, No Terry and Drogs firing half cock wheels were bound to fall off sooner or later. Hopefully the wake up call they need to stop thinking they will cruze it.
Thankfully Scumchester and Citeh drew...again.

Arsenal only 2 points behind us now. Hopefully Spurs will hold them next week when we beat Birmingham. :)

Reply #1153 Posted: November 15, 2010, 08:29:57 am
[size=+1]Origin ID - JUDG3-M3NTAL[/size]

www.trench.co.nz
Quote from: leadcollector
“there is very little vegetables I can eat without gagging like a pron

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Wooh yea Sunderland!

Reply #1154 Posted: November 15, 2010, 11:25:31 am

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
I think we should re-inact the match on FIFA Spork.

Reply #1155 Posted: November 15, 2010, 12:09:07 pm

www.trench.co.nz

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
  • Wandarah has no influence.
Quote from: maorifulla;1329409
Wow I was totally blown away at the result today for Liverpool

absolutely stoked

Teeheeheeheehee

Reply #1156 Posted: November 15, 2010, 12:18:25 pm
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
How fucking insufferable are Chelsea and Man City fans?

Chelsea fans boo'ing, because they're....first in the table...cunts.

Manchester City fans, boo'ing because they're fucking fourth, a location they could only dream off 2 seasons ago.

Pricks, the lot of them.

Reply #1157 Posted: November 15, 2010, 12:20:34 pm
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
I love it. I mean, Arsenal fans are complain about the team when we don't perform well, however it's nothing compared to the glory hunting idiots.

Reply #1158 Posted: November 15, 2010, 02:53:21 pm

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
Pretty sad really, i commend Sunderland - to beat Chelsea, at the Bridge and make them look like West Ham Utd on a bad day is pretty damn awesome, worst defeat at the bridge in 9 years!

Mid field was where it fell apart and really really sloppy defence - i feel the no John Terry didn't help. Lampard and Essien all didn't play so that's 2 pretty lethal weapons

Reply #1159 Posted: November 15, 2010, 06:10:17 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
One man team............ ;)

Reply #1160 Posted: November 15, 2010, 06:12:05 pm

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
Yes Spork, Fabregas a.k.a Arsenal

Reply #1161 Posted: November 15, 2010, 06:14:19 pm

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
Quote from: Wandarah;1331716

explain?

Reply #1162 Posted: November 15, 2010, 07:18:53 pm

www.trench.co.nz

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: R3DM@N;1331832
Yes Spork, Fabregas a.k.a Arsenal

That's what the ;) was all about. :P

I admit, we are at least very close to a one man team, Nasri and Rosicky are good, but they are no on form Fabregas.

Maybe soon though, they can definitely substitute for him when necessary though, but Arsenal do rely on Fabregas quite a lot, although lately he has not been anywhere near fit enough.

Reply #1163 Posted: November 15, 2010, 07:36:37 pm

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
  • maorifulla has no influence.
beautiful cross ball from ashley cole.

neva mind chelsea, we got beat by stoke :(

Reply #1164 Posted: November 15, 2010, 07:42:47 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: maorifulla;1331881

I bloody hate Stoke so much.

Reply #1165 Posted: November 15, 2010, 07:58:35 pm

Offline Thetruereddevil

• Addicted
  • Thetruereddevil has no influence.
Quote from: Spork;1331890

NEVER would have picked that one :P

Reply #1166 Posted: November 15, 2010, 09:01:17 pm

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
Quote from: JuDgE MenTaL;1331869

explain?

When Chelsea lost - thousands of fans boo'ed their own team. Now, it's no uncommon, but I feel that even if Chelsea lost, they are still sitting at the top of the table, and that support would've been more constructive then boo'ing them off the field. It's symptomatic of a sense of entitlement.

Reply #1167 Posted: November 15, 2010, 09:44:59 pm
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: Thetruereddevil;1331918
Quote from: Spork;1331890

NEVER would have picked that one :P

If Ryan Shawcross vanished, and I was placed in charge of finding him, I would not care less.

Reply #1168 Posted: November 15, 2010, 09:58:24 pm

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
Thats rich poms for u.

I'd just be booing those three dickheads - Ivanovic, Ramires and Zhirkov :P

Feel so bad for Peter Cech, hes the absolute best Goal Keeper in the world and he gets stood up because his teams shotty defence. He make like 7/8 awesome saves and watched as Sunderland just wondered through.

Reply #1169 Posted: November 15, 2010, 10:09:02 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Londoners are apparently the worst for booing their own team. Apparently.

You can't complain about injuries, I mean, look at what Arsenal went through for the last three years, now that is injury hell.

Rosicky, Eduardo, RVP, Fabregas, Bendtner, Djourou, Vermaelen, Denilson, Ramsay, and many more have gone many months without games, especially Rosicky, Eduardo, RVP and Fabregas.

Reply #1170 Posted: November 15, 2010, 10:16:40 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Anyone else see Sagna's goal?

Something Drogba would have been proud of...

Reply #1171 Posted: November 15, 2010, 10:39:07 pm

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
Quote from: Wandarah;1331932
Quote from: JuDgE MenTaL;1331869

explain?

When Chelsea lost - thousands of fans boo'ed their own team. Now, it's no uncommon, but I feel that even if Chelsea lost, they are still sitting at the top of the table, and that support would've been more constructive then boo'ing them off the field. It's symptomatic of a sense of entitlement.

I’d say you don’t know real Chelsea fans then, I didn’t see that (not saying it didn’t happen) but to be fair most had left, which is just making a point in silent protest. Chelsea fans can take losing, we know all about it, but that performance was terrible (and the players speaking in the press agree). They were terrible and they earn serious money, so when they don't earn it the people that pay their hard earned (which are still predominantly working class folk believe it or not) have a right to voice their opinion. If you go to a top restaurant and pay top dollar (you even know how much it is to get into Stamford bridge?) and the meal's shit do you say, oh well he tried, but that's cooking for ya it's a funny old game never mind? No you don't. Nothing to do with a sense of entitlement, to say Chelsea expects though is fair comment. Do we expect to wipe the floor with the likes of Sunderland at home, damn right we do.

Hear any booing when JT missed the pen to cost us the Champs league? No, thought not.

Wolves, Bolton or neither? Wycombe?

Reply #1172 Posted: November 16, 2010, 08:13:09 am

www.trench.co.nz

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
Ugh, one thing worse than boo'ing your own team is using an analogy which turns a football fan into nothing more than a customer sitting at a restaurant waiting for his food to be bought out on time, and of a sufficient standard.

No one is disputing their right to boo their own team. Just as I'd hope that no one is disputing my right to think of such people are cock-mongers of the highest order. Also it is *everything* to do with a sense of entitlement, your own (and by your own, I mean you and the several million other people that use it so frequently it has now turned into a cliche') analogy suggests as much as well (a customer in a restaurant has the exact same sense of entitlement, they paid their money after all). It happens every time Chelsea lose at home - which happens so infrequently you'd imagine it doesn't happen at all. No away fans boo their own team, mostly because away fans are the actual fans, the people that sweat and bleed and experience all the emotion that their clubs bring them - and they are always *supportive*, hence the term, *supporter*. Home fans are more often than not casual, one-eyed, always expectant and almost every single one of them boo's their own team when they bother to make it to a match, assuming there is nothing good on TV. Top clubs are infested with them - and suggesting they are the 'real fans' is a truly disturbing comment.

It is an unfortunate truth I know many Chelsea fans indeed. All of them seemed entirely 'real' to me, either that, or every one of them has been a by-product of a misspent youth soaked in acid and alcohol. Which in truth would explain so very much. Including this.

Oh, and yes I know how much it is to get into Stamford Bridge, having been there twice. During my 5 years in London, where I went to the Emirates quite a few times - as well as Brentford, Fullham, Barnet - once pissed on White Hart Lane - and wrote football articles for the now defunct London Paper.

So, in short - you're most welcome to boo your own team, and justify such behaviour in others. That is your undeniable right. If you wanted, you could also call them poopy-heads, useless cunts, or whatever else you choose. That is your right. Boo'ing your own team, when after your worst performance of the season (singular), which despite losing sees you still sitting on top of the table, is you undeniable right.

And as an Arsenal fan - I suggest you do it more often.

It must help moral. Only 2 points in front.

Reply #1173 Posted: November 16, 2010, 10:09:46 am
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
Finished editing yet? :)

Hmm ok, bit heavy handed there mate but fine I'm a big boy.
 Where did I say real Chelsea fans boo the team? I just saw your definition of a "sense of entitlement" as Chelsea fans expect to win every game and when we don't, we boo our team, that's how that comes across and that's what I am disputing. 'Real' Chelsea fans don't boo the team, totally agree about traveling fans, spot on. In that game I understand why the ones that boo'ed did, not that I agree with that method of protest and like you say it's the more casual ones. Apologies for not making that clear.

*Sigh* I'm not saying supporting footy is only like paying for a meal in a restaurant, sorry if my simple analogy is beneath you. A simple point doesn't need a complex analogy. I'm merely pointing out that voicing opinion (still not saying booing is the most constructive way to go about it) is ok. Same way that fans protest about other stuff like managers, owners etc. Look at Liverpool and Man Utd.

I grew up in Battersea with the glare the bridge lights in my bedroom window and even went out banging doors collecting in the 80's when we nearly went bankrupt so forgive me taking exception to being tarred with the brush now frequently used by all thanks to the bandwagoners. I personally have never boo'ed Chelsea but I don't think it hurts the team to know what a section of the fans think of them. The player's aren't dumb enough to think it's anything more than that so does it really affect morale that much? None of that will keep them awake at night in their mansions I'm sure.

Besides it's all a bit rich coming from a Gooner too, it's no different at Arsenal but mind you you've got more to boo about, so I'll take it back :).

Like you say we're top. When Spurs hold you at the weekend (I can hear you laughing) and we beat Birmingham, come back and tell me all about your 2 points. :)

Reply #1174 Posted: November 16, 2010, 11:49:16 am

www.trench.co.nz