Topic: Football Thread (formally Soccer Thread)

Offline Thetruereddevil

• Addicted
  • Thetruereddevil has no influence.
Quote from: Spork;1355921
Alonso?

Or that nub who plays for Barca? Isn't there a Fernando over there? Surely there must be.

Reply #1525 Posted: January 31, 2011, 04:30:54 pm

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
  • maorifulla has no influence.
got Carroll from Newcastle for 35mill this morning. Bit much but gotta replace Torres the fairy

but apparently Carroll and Suarez may not be fit for the game on monday at Stamford Bridge

I want skrtel to kick torres's face in

Reply #1526 Posted: February 01, 2011, 08:46:57 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
I think Carroll will do well for Liverpool.

The whole not being fir for the Bridge is a bit worrying though.

Should have taken the money from Chelsea then broken Torres right leg.

Reply #1527 Posted: February 01, 2011, 11:42:15 am

Offline LeadCollector

• Game Server Admin
  • LeadCollector has no influence.
Quote from: Spork;1356158
Should have taken the money from Chelsea then broken Torres right leg.

Thats what Skrtel is there for :)

Reply #1528 Posted: February 01, 2011, 11:56:57 am

Quote from: Spork;1411842
Your face won\'t make top four!

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
  • maorifulla has no influence.
LOL spork

you read my mind

Reply #1529 Posted: February 01, 2011, 11:57:48 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
But make sure it is only a small break so that he can help Chelsea beat Man U twice and anyone else who has a chance at the title.

Reply #1530 Posted: February 01, 2011, 01:24:11 pm

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
  • R3DM@N has no influence.
Im on the fence with Torres he will either be a saviour or a scoundrel..

Sacrificing talent with Sturridge (Who i hope smashes teams when he comes out for Bolton), Luiz should be mean cause hes the most expensive defensive import in EPL now.. haha. Hopefully thats not the only two titles we take home this year hahahha!

Torres and Drogba with Kalou/Lampard and even Anelka will be a pretty mean attacking formation egos aside.

Should be an interesting end of Season :D

Reply #1531 Posted: February 01, 2011, 06:36:28 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
Quote from: R3DM@N;1356267
egos aside.

May be the sticking point

Reply #1532 Posted: February 01, 2011, 07:00:37 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: kilabee;1356278
May be the sticking point

Haha, perhaps ask Mancini for some advice on egos, he has a few to handle, although it's not like Chelsea haven't gone through it all before.

Reply #1533 Posted: February 01, 2011, 07:10:10 pm

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
Although we spent heaps we not trying to buy the League haha! Imagine trying to coach Barcy!

Reply #1534 Posted: February 01, 2011, 08:24:06 pm

Offline LeadCollector

• Game Server Admin
Despite the Torres departure (which was always going to happen) I am really happy with Liverpools dealing. Lets see how Stoke go first then bring on Stamford bridge on Sunday :p I bet Torres doesnt play for that one!

Reply #1535 Posted: February 01, 2011, 08:57:52 pm

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
Liverpool and Chelsea have been very good sports. First Joe Cole/Beyanon whatever hes shit :P and now this. I mean Liverpool got stuck in and got two mean strikers and didnt waste time with Torres

Reply #1536 Posted: February 01, 2011, 09:31:19 pm

Offline LeadCollector

• Game Server Admin
Which makes you think they knew something all along as they had thier two new strikers way before the Torres deal was signed sealed and delivered.
I was kinda hanging out for Adams though.

Reply #1537 Posted: February 01, 2011, 09:37:46 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
They probably made sure that they can get other options before letting Torres go.

Reply #1538 Posted: February 01, 2011, 10:01:56 pm

Offline LeadCollector

• Game Server Admin
no doubt.... so what about Man poo's huge signing?

I will let the picture do the talking

Reply #1539 Posted: February 01, 2011, 10:09:17 pm

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
  • Wandarah has no influence.
Quote from: maorifulla;1356123
got Carroll from Newcastle for 35mill this morning. Bit much but gotta replace Torres the fairy

but apparently Carroll and Suarez may not be fit for the game on monday at Stamford Bridge

I want skrtel to kick torres's face in

A *bit much*, a BIT MUCH!?

What the Fuck. 35 MILLION. Hello!? He was 6th highest scorer in the fucking Championship last season, and he's had a decent half season in the Prem.

You've gone and made him the 9th most expensive player in World Football. You absolute gumball cunts.

Carroll is at this stage, a mid-table striker who has had a good season that has gotten a lot of attention because he's white, and English, and young. He may well become a good striker, but he will *never* be worth 35 fucking million pounds.

Holy *fucking* shit - what the hell is wrong with you cunts?
Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 10:20:09 pm by Wandarah

Reply #1540 Posted: February 01, 2011, 10:15:38 pm
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
^^ lol

--

Apparently Jack Wilshire posted this on his Twitter account earlier in the day;

BREAKING TRANSFER NEWS: I have just moved from the sofa to my bed!!

And ESPN live transfer actually showed it on their show.

Also Nasri replied with

@jack_wilshere hahahaha well done and me i moved from my living room to my kitchen

He is moving! Maybe he has already recovered from his hamstring

[/hopefulthinking]
Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 10:29:35 pm by Spork

Reply #1541 Posted: February 01, 2011, 10:22:45 pm

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
  • JuDgE MenTaL has no influence.
Awesome stuff, was a pretty cool end to the transfer window... I loved Harry Redknapp trying to buy Phil Neville at the last minute, the Captain of Everton for 250,000 up front then 250,000 next year and really pissed Moyes off. Haha, we all know he's barely worth it but with all the mad money flying about I bet Moyes was fuming with an offer like that...especially as he's just sold them Pienaar.

So Torres, how long was Torres meant to wait, I'd say he's been pretty loyal, hardly a traitor. This isn't the first time we've gone in for him and let's face it Liverpool have got some work to do if they want to see Champions league next season so can you really blame him? So stop the shirt burning and enjoy Andy Carroll and some change...you got 2 good strikers there....Are you sure we can't give you Anelka? Go on, he moans a bit and smells but he's ok if your not playing anyone hard.

Any idea how much was offered for Adams?

Reply #1542 Posted: February 01, 2011, 11:08:09 pm
[size=+1]Origin ID - JUDG3-M3NTAL[/size]

www.trench.co.nz
Quote from: leadcollector
“there is very little vegetables I can eat without gagging like a pron

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
The same guy that was kissing the badge and saying he wanted to be a Kop-Legend a few months back? Barf.

Loyalty isn't a metric that should be used at the top level. It's few players that can pull it off. Fabregas want's to move, for example, and will, but that don't stop him giving it his all for his current club. Torres really hasn't looked interested for some time.

Still, if Arsenal had 50 mil to spunk on a single player, you could do far worse than Torres.

I heard 4, then 10 for Adams.

Reply #1543 Posted: February 01, 2011, 11:23:08 pm
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Kissing the badge is one that that I hate players to do.

Cesc did it last season during the Barca saga.

Reply #1544 Posted: February 01, 2011, 11:33:10 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: Spork;1355392
Ouch, I really don't think Torres would be good at Chelsea..

Actually, he will dominate, but I was hoping Chelsea will be relegated sometime soon. :P
That Suarez looks awesome, although pointing to/ kissing the badge.. Hate it when players do that, Cesc was doing it last season in the midst of the Barca crap, I was convinced that he was going to leave then.

I thought I had already recently complained about players and badge kissing. Only a couple of days ago.

Reply #1545 Posted: February 01, 2011, 11:34:52 pm

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
It wasn't in the midst of it - it was before it. Obviously he knew what was happening, and his gesture wasn't just a kiss - it was that, and a pointing and faux-embrace of the crowd - i.e a thank you.

At least that's how I perceived it.

Reply #1546 Posted: February 01, 2011, 11:47:52 pm
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
But how many players have kissed the badge (ie pledging their legience to a team) and then in the next window jumped out of it.

Reply #1547 Posted: February 01, 2011, 11:54:57 pm

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
Lots, but I just think that particular one was more of a 'thank you all, sincerely, and farewell' - I could be wrong, mind, and I hate that shit - and I am of course biased toward one of the greatest Arsenal midfielders of all time.

It didn't strike me as bad as Rooneys fucking antics, for example. Or Torres.

Actually, I don't think I give to much of a shit either way. Footballers are precious little cunts, mostly, who probably have no idea what it means to someone else when they do that shit.

Reply #1548 Posted: February 02, 2011, 12:01:26 am
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Yea, I do love Cesc, and I do not think he was anywhere near as evil as many people on a certain Arsenal Forum that I go on said he was, it was just one example of something which I thought was leading to disaster.

Reply #1549 Posted: February 02, 2011, 12:13:27 am