Topic: Football Thread (formally Soccer Thread)

Offline LeadCollector

• Game Server Admin
  • LeadCollector has no influence.
^ They won't be after losing to Stoke next weekend :p

Seriously though it is still possible and anything can happen... who would have thought Liverpool would have been in with a top 5 finish two months ago?
3 games left, with the most points you can finish with being 76, Man poo have 73 now and can finish with 82, Chelsea have 70 and can finish with max of 79. So looking realistically at the remaining games I think Arsenal are out of the running for the league title.

I don't care who wins it so long as it is not Man U or Arsenal :p :)

Reply #2025 Posted: May 02, 2011, 02:06:45 pm

Quote from: Spork;1411842
Your face won\'t make top four!

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Haha, yea I am secretly hoping Chelsea take it as obviously barring a hurricane takes both Man U and Chelsea out (maybe they could do us a favour and take Man City at the same time), I doubt Arsenal will do anything toward catching Man U.

I am more interested in the battle between Pool and Spurs, of course hoping that Pool can stuff them chunts.

Reply #2026 Posted: May 02, 2011, 02:25:33 pm

Offline LeadCollector

• Game Server Admin
It is going to make for a good run in as the bottom of the table battles will also be worth watching... Liverpool should take 5th spot, they just need to beat Tot's at Anfield. Fulham and AV should be easily despatched based on current form. Tottenham have a game in hand but have Man City and Liverpool away and two games against teams fighting to stay up so on paper you would have to give it to Liverpool.... still anything can and will happen.....

Reply #2027 Posted: May 02, 2011, 02:32:19 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
On paper I'd be a much happier man as Arsenal looked real good on paper a couple of months back.

Reply #2028 Posted: May 02, 2011, 03:36:32 pm

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
All set up for next week then, might have to drag myself out of bed for that one.

Cheers Arse

Reply #2029 Posted: May 02, 2011, 03:38:17 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: SteddieEddie;1379846
Cheers Arse

For once, we actually did something which we were meant to do.

Reply #2030 Posted: May 02, 2011, 03:42:20 pm

Offline Zenith

• Just settled in
  • Zenith has no influence.
Looked like a good set of results over the weekend (for my liking anyway)  Except would have liked to see Mancity lose.  Slim chance of Liverpool catching them as MC have a couple of challenges with Everton and spurs.  Nice to see Liverpool now putting away some 'should win' games is a comfortable way.

Reply #2031 Posted: May 02, 2011, 11:11:52 pm
 (Until I find a current one...)

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
I would happily drop to fourth if it mean Liverpool made it into the top four. As in if Liverpool made it to fourth, then they would auto swap with Arsenal. :P

Reply #2032 Posted: May 03, 2011, 12:31:35 am

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
  • Wandarah has no influence.
You can't be serious.

Reply #2033 Posted: May 03, 2011, 01:17:46 pm
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
I hate Man City, and being in fourth means there are more Arsenal games for me to watch.

Reply #2034 Posted: May 03, 2011, 04:33:28 pm

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
  • R3DM@N has no influence.
Liverpool is all good rather them in Top 4 than Tooterz or Man City, then again I dont care as long as Man City arent there

Reply #2035 Posted: May 03, 2011, 10:32:06 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
^I thought you liked Tottenscrumb? Or were you just constantly trolling me?

Reply #2036 Posted: May 03, 2011, 11:25:48 pm

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
I don't want any team at all to finish above us for any reason whatsoever.

Reply #2037 Posted: May 04, 2011, 10:36:05 am
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline LeadCollector

• Game Server Admin
^ Then stop supporting Arsenal :p

Reply #2038 Posted: May 04, 2011, 01:37:25 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin

Reply #2039 Posted: May 04, 2011, 02:22:05 pm

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
Quote from: LeadCollector;1380520
^ Then stop supporting Arsenal :p

I don't know what you mean, but I'm fairly certain you can go fuck yourself. You cheeky wee cunt.

Reply #2040 Posted: May 05, 2011, 10:23:24 am
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline LeadCollector

• Game Server Admin
Ha Ha, I couldn't resist! :)

Reply #2041 Posted: May 05, 2011, 12:18:20 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin

Reply #2042 Posted: May 08, 2011, 04:43:56 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Twas the night before St. Totteringham's, when all through N5 Not a gooner was stirring, not even a child.
The kits were hung by the front door with care, In hopes that St Totteringham soon would be there.
The gooners were nestled all snug in their beds, While visions of Fabregas danced in their heads.
And Madam in her ‘kerchief, and I in my cap Had just settled our brains for a long late spring nap.
When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter, I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.
Away to the window I flew like a flash, Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash.
The moon on the breast of the newly-built ground, Gave the lustre of mid-day to objects around
When, what to my wondering eyes should appear, But a shimmering saint, stood there clutching a beer.
With a red and white kit, he was looking so hot, I knew in a moment it must be St Tott.
More rapid than eagles his chanting it came, And he whistled, and shouted, and called them by name!
"Now Szczęsny! now, Gaël! now, Sagna! and Song! On, Nasri! On, Jack! Cesc, now hurry along,
Eboue! Arshavin! Van Persie! Walcott! Speed him along, that splendid Saint Tott!
And then, in a twinkling, we shall hear that cry, That comes every year despite how they try,
As we leap up and down and spin all around, Down to earth St Tott will come with a bound.
He'll be dressed red and white, from his head to his foot, And 1961 embroidered on his boot.
He'll point at the number and say "See here! They failed once again, despite the 'one' in the year!"
His eyes-how they'll twinkle! his dimples how merry! His cheeks are like roses, his nose like a cherry!
His droll little mouth will draw up like a bow, And the beard of his chin will be white as some snow.
He'll be chubby and plump, a right jolly old gooner, "It comes every year, usually sooner,
They spend so much and I hope it's not rude, One time I had to poison some Italian food!"
He'll laugh and he'll laugh 'til his face turns bright red, "Their Euro hopes lying there buried and dead,
You'd think they'd be happy with Old Channel 5, Not keeping those delusional champions' hopes alive!"
He'll spring to his feet, to the team give a whistle, And away they'll all fly like the down of a thistle.
But we'll hear him exclaim, ‘ere he drives out of sight, "Happy St Totteringham's to all, and to all a good-night!"

Reply #2043 Posted: May 08, 2011, 12:46:04 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
What a good way to finish off St Totts with a 3-1 win.

Oh wait.

Reply #2044 Posted: May 09, 2011, 03:15:16 am

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
  • maorifulla has no influence.
Chelsea aye

i thought they could make it close but again so close yet so far away

all credit to Man U. They win the games that count and the games they should win

I hope they rape those diving BARCA xunts

Reply #2045 Posted: May 09, 2011, 08:28:33 am

Offline LeadCollector

• Game Server Admin

+

=

Reply #2046 Posted: May 09, 2011, 08:58:17 am

Offline NZGramps

• Devoted Member
  • NZGramps has no influence.
^ note to self.....if you record a game the night before to watch, DONT watch breakfast in the frikking morning.

BARCA all the way go catelonia

Reply #2047 Posted: May 09, 2011, 08:59:45 am
Keep off the Lawn!!

Offline NZGramps

• Devoted Member
  • NZGramps has no influence.
Quote from: maorifulla;1381665
Chelsea aye

i thought they could make it close but again so close yet so far away

all credit to Man U. They win the games that count and the games they should win

I hope they rape those diving BARCA xunts

^ note to self.....if you record a game the night before to watch, DONT watch breakfast in the frikking morning.

BARCELONA all the way

Reply #2048 Posted: May 09, 2011, 09:00:28 am
Keep off the Lawn!!

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
Grinds teeth.

Reply #2049 Posted: May 09, 2011, 10:17:39 am
Immanentize the eschaton