Topic: Football Thread (formally Soccer Thread)

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
  • Wandarah has no influence.
I like Fat Frank. I mean, before today.

He seems like a sound guy - good sense of humour - intelligent for a footballer. Surprised really.

Great win today for Chelsea. Day by day - it seems AVB is just there to pick the team and make the subs, the core oldschool players choose the tactics. Dunno how that's gonna change any time soon.

Laughed when Clichy got sent off. Still cant tackle - decent cross on the cheeky cunt now though eh. At Arsenal, we dont practice them - it's something Stoke would do.
Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 10:32:09 pm by Wandarah

Reply #2425 Posted: December 13, 2011, 10:29:15 pm
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Happy Invincibles day Wandy!

Reply #2426 Posted: December 14, 2011, 12:45:21 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.

Classic Aussie media commentating soccer.

Reply #2427 Posted: December 15, 2011, 01:16:39 am

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
  • R3DM@N has no influence.
Win against Wigan...NEK MINNIT...

Reply #2428 Posted: December 18, 2011, 11:09:44 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
1. beat unbeaten Man City
2. Draw with Wigan.
3. be Chelsea.

Reply #2429 Posted: December 18, 2011, 11:13:35 pm

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
  • JuDgE MenTaL has no influence.
yea, Wigan deserved something we were poo. Can't believe he took Sturridge off. Missed Ramires today too.

Meh

Reply #2430 Posted: December 18, 2011, 11:45:44 pm
[size=+1]Origin ID - JUDG3-M3NTAL[/size]

www.trench.co.nz
Quote from: leadcollector
“there is very little vegetables I can eat without gagging like a pron

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Rooney for the fantasy points!

Reply #2431 Posted: December 19, 2011, 01:21:10 am

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
  • maorifulla has no influence.
BL Arsenal

good win for us this morning

we might not be able to score as many goals as other teams

but the best defence in the prem is keeping us in touch

hopefully only a matter of time before we click

Reply #2432 Posted: December 19, 2011, 08:19:52 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Was a good game between City and Arsenal, I'm fine with the result, pretty much expected especially with 4 of our fullbacks out, and then Djourou got injured just before half time!

Even at full strength it would've been a tough one, but oh well, we have now faced all the top sides away from home.

Reply #2433 Posted: December 19, 2011, 09:53:33 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Y.O.S.S.I

Reply #2434 Posted: December 22, 2011, 05:53:05 pm

Offline LeadCollector

• Game Server Admin
  • LeadCollector has no influence.
Bring back Xabi.

Reply #2435 Posted: December 23, 2011, 09:51:11 pm

Quote from: Spork;1411842
Your face won\'t make top four!

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Bleh, bring on St Totteringham's day.

Reply #2436 Posted: December 28, 2011, 12:22:37 pm

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
Gary Cahill is coming to Chelsea!

I will miss Alex he is the man.

What are your sides hopes for the Transfer Market?

Sell Torres (I'm dreaming)
Sell Kalou
Sell Anelka

Buy Glen Johnson :P
Buy David Villa
Buy Hazard
Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 01:12:51 am by R3DM@N

Reply #2437 Posted: December 31, 2011, 01:10:41 am

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
Quote from: R3DM@N;1459694
Gary Cahill is coming to Chelsea!

I will miss Alex he is the man.

What are your sides hopes for the Transfer Market?

Sell Torres (I'm dreaming)
Sell Kalou
Sell Anelka

Buy Glen Johnson :P
Buy David Villa
Buy Hazard

Torres - Going nowhere right away, January is a huge month for him with no Drogs or Kalou or even Mikel for that. Make or break, if he doesn't perform then he could well be gonski before the window shuts. I doubt it though. Little early to take a 30M loss, even for Roman. I won't be surprised if there's a big money striker in the pipeline though. Khedira named as a possible, not sure how I feel about that.
Anelka - Gone already
Kalou - Arsenal want him, welcome to him. Doesn't work when he gets his chances, like Malouda too pedestrian.
Alex - Been great for us and I'll miss his thunderbolt kicks, but he's too slow alongside Terry now.

Glen Johnson? wtf? Hell No.
David Villa? - Very unlikely, his seasons over broken leg.
Hazard - Possibly, especially with Joe Cole playing well there, been linked with us lots of times.

Cahill, done deal I think. Josh McEachran in some sort of loan deal as a sweetner. We look after Bolton so I'm sure they will do the same. Be a great signing, not sure where that leaves Luiz though. I think we should try him in midfield, but apparently he can play right back too. Like to see him try a spell there, couldn't possibly do worse than Boswinga.

Sneijder - apparently on the move. Could do worse.
Malouda - he'll be off
Lampard - I can see him leaving in Jan.

Where's Lukaku? that's what I want to know, apparently playing well and scoring heaps for the reserves but not even making the bench atm.

Watched the Reds v Magpies this morning, as expected a different team when Gerrard came on, such a vital creative player for them and looking sharp as ever too. Great service to the overpriced lanky pisshead and took his goal well, real class always rated him.

Reply #2438 Posted: December 31, 2011, 01:36:29 pm

www.trench.co.nz

Offline LeadCollector

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: JuDgE MenTaL;1459742
Torres - Going nowhere right away
Agree, Although I would be happy to see him back at Anfield :p
Glen Johnson? wtf? Hell No.
You guys used to have him and gave him up! hands off, he is fine where he is.
Lampard - I can see him leaving in Jan.
Where?
Watched the Reds v Magpies this morning, as expected a different team when Gerrard came on, such a vital creative player for them and looking sharp as ever too. Great service to the overpriced lanky pisshead and took his goal well, real class always rated him.
He certainly did make a difference, Play was flat and contained to the middle of the field, Gerrard comes on and Nek minit totally different game. Bellamy must have forgot his pills this morning but I do think the challenge should be looked into.
Anyone want a new coat hanger? Goes by the name of Andy and is good for nothing but hanging your jacket and cap on.... Take a 35 million loss and give him away! Yes he has the height but has more men on him than Courtney Love. His first touches leave a lot to be desired too.

Reply #2439 Posted: December 31, 2011, 01:53:17 pm

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
Yea, Glen Johnson was rubbish for us though, was glad to see the back of him. He still blows hot and cold, wasn't that great today for example.

Lamps, no idea. He's clearly not happy though. It'll be by player request rather than a shove though I think. I really can't see how he can complain he's not been great recently, but it's not like Miereles gives us anything that he doesn't (other than a bit more pace) so his gripe might be more about that.

I also think the only thing keeping him from a reunion with Jose, is his Mrs but I still wouldn't rule it out. I'd hate to see him in something like a fkn Sunderland shirt though.

I question some of his tactics but AVB isn't scared to make big calls though and while he seems to run a (almost dicator like) tight ship than a few of the old guard may like, we need a transisiton and surely even Roman can see it won't happen overnight (Even the great Fergie took a while to get it right). That said, failing to qualify for Champions League next season will be tough for him to justify to the big man. He also needs to stop getting played by the fucking media.

The leagues pretty much gone for us now, No way both Citeh and Utd will slip up that much and Spurs are on fire, so a decent fight for the Champs league is needed. We're just not play that good at the moment but on our day we can get up for anything and beat anyone.

I did lol at Carroll a few times, but only coz we're in the same boat.
Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 02:21:43 pm by JuDgE MenTaL

Reply #2440 Posted: December 31, 2011, 02:15:26 pm

www.trench.co.nz

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
I loved Carroll when he played for Newcastle..nek minnit, shit.

Villa is talking to Chelsea/Arsenal at the moment but yeah, rumours.

Abramovich has said his top priority is signing Higuian +spelling ...another fuc**n striker!
Wish we can hold onto Drogba but sounds like he'll be off...

Lukaku is mean player, cant wait to see him step up to the firsts. He has played the FA/Carling Cup games

Reply #2441 Posted: December 31, 2011, 03:40:25 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: R3DM@N;1459755
I loved Carroll when he played for Newcastle..nek minnit, shit.

Reminds me of another player, can't remember his name, he's Spanish, rhymes with Flopando.

Also, no chance of Villa going to Arsenal, none what so ever.

Reply #2442 Posted: December 31, 2011, 03:47:26 pm

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
Chelsea might have to get ready for the Europa Cup ifshit stays like this.
AVB needs a better excuse now...I have one, get rid of Torres :P

Reply #2443 Posted: January 01, 2012, 09:41:57 am

Offline LeadCollector

• Game Server Admin
Holy shit! What the fuck happened this morning?
I thought my New Years prayer had been answered seeing the scum go down to Blackburn on Fergies 70th! Then Chelsea get a home hiding from Villa :)
AVB may be on the transfer list himself, Lampard had a mare  (but to be fair I think he has resigned himself to the fact he wants out), Drogba gave away too much possession (maybe thinking about his National duties), Ruiz is just shit as a central defender (No excuse, just shit) and I dont think JT gives a fuck anymore (Unless you are a young hot female :p)

Reply #2444 Posted: January 01, 2012, 12:11:21 pm

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
Yea, it was what it was..dunno about a hiding we were pushing for the win and got caught on the break at the death but certainly a slack performance all round, nothing to be proud of there (other than Drogs 150th goal) again looked like no one could be arsed, had a draw written all over it but then a more stupid defensive errors when we started to push for a second, it nearly came too. Even at 2-1 we were still in it, there had been about 15 minutes of pressure from us just previous, again the high line doesn't suit us...we can't do it.. Luiz (Ruiz plays for Fulham doesn't he) had Agbonlahor in his pocket for most of the game, but when Bent came on it was too much of an ask and it all came crashing down. Villa played well on the break had a good game plan..... Torres wasn't awful, (was ok agaisnt Fulham too) great strike which sadly hit the bar but Drogs should have come off for Torres though not Sturridge. Sturridge winds me up though, what a talent but he should have squared the ball to Drogs who was in a ton of space, a goal definitely no question, then probably a very different end result.... but no, he creates a half chance, takes a nothing punt. FFS win the game then take outside bets, play the percentages Dan, and drop the selfish brat shit then you might get 90 minutes.

Stupid 3rd goal from them, not sure what Lampard was thinking, well he clearly wasn't.... I think again AVB went about it all wrong. Lampard should have started with Miereles playing the holding role, they had 1 striker ffs. When Lampard came on and Miereles dropped back we looked much better but still not really that dangerous. How many times is Miereles going to put it in the back of the Mathew Harding stand from outside the box? He is not creative enough, great at bringing it forward but not much else. Lampard can unlock Drogs, and uses Mata and Cole much more effectively.

I personally wouldn't boo them, never have, but today I understand why those that did, did even though I hate it. Losing is one thing but playing like you just don't care is another, the latter is inexcusable.

Also, to be fair to JT there's no way that what he's got going on at the moment isn't playing on his mind....no he's not been great but it should never ever be said that he doesn't care about Chelsea, he's been there since he was 14...to say he cares about little else would be far more accurate. He just can't play a high defensive line, he doesn't have the pace for it, never has so why AVB is making him do it is beyond me. I guess his guaranteed start will be under threat too now.

Anyway Happy New Year Footy Fans...
Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 02:26:35 pm by JuDgE MenTaL

Reply #2445 Posted: January 01, 2012, 02:18:09 pm

www.trench.co.nz

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
Happy New Year boys. I should say that now.

The team doesnt look smooth even as a counter-attacking/offensive team, we just dont have it down. Sturridge is the only one with the skills at the moment and Drogs has been good, hope we dont lose him.
Now, as for Terry and Lampard - age is becoming a factor. Silly mistakes and Luiz is dreadful, he cant play a defensive game and when he does - he gives away a penalty.

We definatly are missing Ballack, Deco, Carvalho - but I am still holding onto the '10 squad.

Im just glad Man U went down to Blackburn or else i'd be even more gutted

Reply #2446 Posted: January 01, 2012, 04:08:32 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Haven't seen the game last night just yet, need to wait another bloody 4 hours for it to be replayed on TV, and can't find it on the internets. :(

Anyone know of a site that has the full game already?

EDIT: Feel free to PM me so I don't have to possibly spoil it by reading this thread. :P

EDIT2: Ah, it's on Arsenal Player already, HELL YEA.

EDIT: What a Vantastic weekend of football!
Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 01:33:53 pm by Spork

Reply #2447 Posted: January 01, 2012, 05:57:06 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/506311/Live/England-Premier-League-2011-2012-Sunderland-Manchester-City(preview)

69% possession and unable to score?

That's what you get for stealing so many Arsenal players!

Reply #2448 Posted: January 02, 2012, 08:11:14 pm

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
Na na na na, samir nasri, nasri, samir nasri...traitor.

Reply #2449 Posted: January 02, 2012, 08:38:07 pm