Topic: Football Thread (formally Soccer Thread)

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
Bloody jammy Man U

Reply #3025 Posted: November 11, 2012, 11:19:44 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Quote from: JuDgE MenTaL;1508391
Reckon you'll finish top 4 this season?

So far, no idea, but knowing Wenger we probably will.

Reply #3026 Posted: November 11, 2012, 08:08:35 pm

henno

Quote from: SteddieEddie;1508412
Bloody jammy Man U

The more I practice, the luckier I get~ Gary Player

Reply #3027 Posted: November 12, 2012, 12:03:39 am

DVtest

Test

Reply #3028 Posted: November 12, 2012, 12:34:32 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Not sure if Dark Virus or Spammer.

Reply #3029 Posted: November 12, 2012, 09:27:38 pm

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
  • Wandarah has no influence.
Quote from: JuDgE MenTaL;1508391
Reckon you'll finish top 4 this season?

No.

Reply #3030 Posted: November 13, 2012, 11:53:32 am
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted

Reply #3031 Posted: November 13, 2012, 11:53:58 am
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
  • JuDgE MenTaL has no influence.
^ hahaha love it

you'll be pleased to learn no ligament damage to JT either.

Reply #3032 Posted: November 13, 2012, 11:52:48 pm
[size=+1]Origin ID - JUDG3-M3NTAL[/size]

www.trench.co.nz
Quote from: leadcollector
“there is very little vegetables I can eat without gagging like a pron

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
Yeah, it's like Christmas. You know when you pull down the stocking and it feels satisfactorily full, but when you open it you just see that someone has taken a shit in it.

Reply #3033 Posted: November 14, 2012, 09:12:14 am
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
no wonder PSG paid a fortune for him...

Plus Joe Hart really had a howler today.

Reply #3034 Posted: November 15, 2012, 10:50:47 am

www.trench.co.nz

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
amazing goal, reminds me of when  peter schmeichel tried to boot the ball up field and it glanced off his foot back into his own goal.

he was an epic goalie

Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 07:02:01 pm by Xsannz

Reply #3035 Posted: November 15, 2012, 06:58:44 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
and the best MU team that ever played.

Reply #3036 Posted: November 15, 2012, 07:02:43 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: Xsannz;1508950
and the best MU team that ever played.

Was that the team against Norwich last night?

Reply #3037 Posted: November 18, 2012, 02:44:01 pm

Offline LeadCollector

• Game Server Admin
  • LeadCollector has no influence.
Quote from: Spork;1509188
Was that the team against Norwich last night?

Lol!

Reply #3038 Posted: November 18, 2012, 08:54:38 pm

Quote from: Spork;1411842
Your face won\'t make top four!

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
  • R3DM@N has no influence.
Love your work. Go WBA near the top! QPR should be there...but no.

Reply #3039 Posted: November 21, 2012, 07:11:16 am

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
Chelsea got fucking schooled by Juventus. I laughed my fucking tits off.

Reply #3040 Posted: November 21, 2012, 10:43:49 am
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: LeadCollector;1509208
Lol!

Don't laugh, I was mistaken, it was obviously the team against Galatasary.

Arsenal better win tomorrow morning, it's a 'MUST WIN GAME'.

--

Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 10:52:42 am by Spork

Reply #3041 Posted: November 21, 2012, 10:48:43 am

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
Chelsea aren't even a club. Anyway, fake 'manager' sacked - who's up next? Rafa? Nice pay I guess.

Reply #3042 Posted: November 21, 2012, 10:30:41 pm
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
Hmm ok,

But yea Rafa, ffs. Another AVB that we already hate.

Reply #3043 Posted: November 22, 2012, 10:16:33 am

www.trench.co.nz

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
I dunno what the 'manager' at Chelsea actually fucking does anyway. Aside from the odd press-conference, and being allowed to choose the starting formation - if not the players that he wants. Ancelotti was the last one that seemed to actually be allowed to dabble his hand in 'management'. Mourinho was the last real one.

Reply #3044 Posted: November 22, 2012, 11:16:02 am
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
So selling RVP to the Scum was Wenger's call, a board one or the player's? What about Alex Song and Cesc to Barca? I think I'd rather have an owner that bought quality players (even if they don't work out) rather than train them up for years to a useful level and then sell them (that's what Leeds are for) Looks like you have many more unhappy players than we do (and probably more unhappy fans) E.g Who at Chelsea has banged in a transfer request? Only recently Zhirkov springs to mind.

It's no secret at all that RA never wanted DiMatteo. He was always viewed as a caretaker and maybe against his 'judgement' bowed to the fact that the media and the fans did think he deserved the job and gave him a crack (as Pep wasn't available) but RDM really was always doomed and he knew that. In fact the only surprise to Chelsea fans (and probably to RDM) is that Rafa is in the frame, that's just fucking bizarre. The Rafa wheels have obviously been motion longer than just after the Juve game. No matter what, if Roman gets Pep (and it's my guess he will because he tends to get his way) Rafa will be gone and then I would actually be surprised if Roman didn't place a lot more faith in him and give him the same rope Jose had.

So, *shrug* it's currently Roman's club (excluding the ground it sits on) and his money, so why the fk can't he choose who he buys? Why can't he expect a certain style of football and choose the person that can deliver that? Just because it isn't the traditional way, the Arsenal way? Which is clearly working well for you in your expensive stadium and empty trophy cabinet.

Some of us aren't under any illusions that we're anything more than onboard for the ride and we have to accept that....that and all the silverware it brings. :) It's the phase we are in and speaking as one who at the age of 16 was banging on doors all round Battersea and Clapham collecting for the save the bridge fund, I know which position I'd rather be in. The one where Falcao sticks 5 past you lot when you come see us in January :)

In the meantime I'll sit here amused by your big sweary retorts.
Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 01:35:12 pm by JuDgE MenTaL

Reply #3045 Posted: November 22, 2012, 01:31:57 pm

www.trench.co.nz

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
No idea what your wildly defensive tirade has to do with the strange situation that any 'manager' of Chelsea finds themselves in, but it seems that my main point that he's basically a nothing-guy who is there to attend press conferences so RA doesn't have to is one you agree with.

I apologise for using the word 'fucking' in my previous reply.

If you'd care to discuss the numerous and endless failings of Arsenal, then that's probably another subject for another day - and I suspect you could probably do with a bit of a lay down and a nice cup of tea before starting on that one. Though I suppose Falcao is probably a better bet to stick 5 past someone, (like we did to you at your place last year), then 50million Ferrari that is Torres.
Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 02:10:07 pm by Wandarah

Reply #3046 Posted: November 22, 2012, 02:00:27 pm
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
Yea I agree, and it's not surprising to us anymore is my point. It's par for the course and has been for 9 years. RDM is a Chelsea legend and always will be, "There's only one DiMatteo" will be heard for a while yet. We all know so much was out of his hands and so I chose to illustrate that it's not all a perfect bed of roses at your place either is what it has to do with it. If it came over as 'a defensive tirade' ..it's just footy banter, fair enough and on with the show. I care about the club I support, whether you see us as your definiton of a club or not makes no odds.

I thought RDM deserved more respect and time of course I do, he wasn't 'a nothing guy' he did more than pick the team. He got them up for it with his passion and enthusiasm, which was maybe in part his final undoing. Dropping Torres for no-one (after his shocking recent displays) in a vital game that we only really needed a draw in being the case in point but fair play to him he went with the players he thought were most in form. Chelsea are a different side to last season, it's certainly not RDM's fault that JT got himself a ban and then injured. Lampard and Cashley out for weeks too. You need experience to get thru periods like the last 6 games and who have we had? Cech? I don’t agree with goalkeeper captains. A captain needs to be out in the centre of the park dictating the rhythm of the game and rallying people. Mikel? Clearly, nobody believe he has the character for it. Ivan, the mad Serb? Nobody would understand him. So it’s down to young lads like Ramires, Mata and Cahill to try to do the job and pull the strings. Too much. Very unfortunate to lose the spine of the team for that period coinciding with having to pick from 2 of the least in-form strikers in the league.

Torres was never a Ferrari in a blue shirt. Ferarri's are red and as for the 50 million, it doesn't matter does it. You know aswell as I do that it's chump change to us.

Glad you picked up on the 5 goal reference....and you thought I'd forgotten.

Oh and thanks but I wasn't after an apology mate, far from it. I used the word fucking too if you read my post. I love your direct one sentence flame posts.

Quote from: Wandarah;1509493
Chelsea got fucking schooled by Juventus. I laughed my fucking tits off.

A classic.

Reply #3047 Posted: November 22, 2012, 02:53:23 pm

www.trench.co.nz

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
Fans are fucked - you actually believe all that shit huh? Man, I believe all sorts of demonstrably false shit about Arsenal and Wenger. Seriously, I'm pretty close to thinking CL qualification should come with a trophy. No, I really fucking am.

Reply #3048 Posted: November 22, 2012, 10:22:43 pm
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Diaby returning from injury will be like a new signing and a treble winning season in itself.

Reply #3049 Posted: November 23, 2012, 12:50:13 am