Topic: Cricket Thread

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
Quote from: henno;1075897
That was a shocker Billy

Both umpires had a shocker along with the Black Caps batting.
Aussie fielding was average at times and we still got dicked.

Reply #175 Posted: February 26, 2010, 10:36:11 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
NZ will be better next time I reckon.

That Aussie pace attack would take some getting used to.

Three of them are the same pace as Bond.

Reply #176 Posted: February 27, 2010, 07:09:16 am

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
Quote from: Zarkov;1075834
December 14, 1989

On the last day of the last Test of his first Test series, in Sialkot, gets hit on the nose by Waqar Younis - also in his first series.

Wasn't that the test where Sidhu murdered the bowling?

Reply #177 Posted: February 27, 2010, 07:20:01 am
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline MattaH

• Just settled in
  • MattaH has no influence.
Pakistan have been accused of match fixing AGAIN!  At least it not more ball tampering.

Source

Reply #178 Posted: February 27, 2010, 10:49:19 am

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
B McCullum. I bow down to you.What a knock

:rnr::rnr::rnr:

Reply #179 Posted: February 28, 2010, 07:30:15 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: kilabee;1076481
B McCullum. I bow down to you.What a knock

:rnr::rnr::rnr:

what more can be said.

Reply #180 Posted: February 28, 2010, 07:32:20 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
  • maorifulla has no influence.
Quote from: Growler;1076482
what more can be said.

shit yeah he slayed them

but the aussies are looking good at the moment
(4th over)

Reply #181 Posted: February 28, 2010, 07:53:48 pm

Offline BeNZene

• Forum Admin
  • BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...
Great game NZ!

Reply #182 Posted: February 28, 2010, 09:26:15 pm

Offline ~SoL1D_Sn4Ke~

• Devoted Member
  • ~SoL1D_Sn4Ke~ has no influence.
tht was good, gg.

Reply #183 Posted: February 28, 2010, 09:27:06 pm
H!SoN

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Take that.
What a game.
GG NZ

Edit- Tim Southee MOTM
3 ovrs of yorkers...unbelievable effort

Reply #184 Posted: February 28, 2010, 09:28:17 pm

Offline Obbles

• Obbles has no influence.
Fuck yea

Awesome game

Reply #185 Posted: February 28, 2010, 09:28:39 pm

Offline KiLL3r

• KiLL3r has no influence.
gj tim southee

drop oram ffs

Reply #186 Posted: February 28, 2010, 09:32:38 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
Put McCullum back behind the stumps and it wouldn't have even gone to  the extra over

Reply #187 Posted: February 28, 2010, 09:39:49 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Zarkov;1076017
NZ will be better next time I reckon.

That Aussie pace attack would take some getting used to.

Three of them are the same pace as Bond.

Never a truer word was said.

Reply #188 Posted: February 28, 2010, 09:56:34 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
^^Careful not to pull a muscle while patting yourself on the back haha

Reply #189 Posted: February 28, 2010, 10:00:25 pm

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
That was a great game!

Hopefully it will make us feel better when we get spanked in the 50 over and test cricket series.

Reply #190 Posted: February 28, 2010, 10:58:24 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

I've seen enough of Jacob Oram tbh.

Also if Southee can bowl two overs like that at the end, how come he couldn't manage one decent ball in his first two?

Aussie run chase was all class though.

Reply #191 Posted: March 01, 2010, 06:25:02 am

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
Quote from: Zarkov;1076560
I've seen enough of Jacob Oram tbh.

Also if Southee can bowl two overs like that at the end, how come he couldn't manage one decent ball in his first two?

Jeez, me and the cat agree again. I think they should let Oram have an extended break because his undersized ticker obviously can't cope with the strain of international cricket. For me, the balance of the team is wrong - you can't have Franklin and Oram in the same side. If Oram can't come in and hit it from ball-one then there's no spot for him at seven. So he should be batting where Franklin is and seven should either go to Broom or Diamanti (two other promising players who have been fucked around by the selectors).

Aside from that, i wonder if this match might be the making of both Southee and McCullum? Macca's shown all the promise in the world, but quite delivered on the big stage - though last night he did and then some. As for Southee, his confidence has got to be well up after that, and, as long as the selectors don't fuck with him, he should develop into our premier bowler.

Reply #192 Posted: March 01, 2010, 06:28:14 am
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
  • maorifulla has no influence.
Oram is cake

i was getting annoyed with smitty was going "nows his chance he is such a powerful hitter of the ball" no good being powerful when you cant even hit the ball

Instead of being a hero and trying to play shots like mccullum he should have used his brains and worked a single and rotated the strike. Anyone could see Mccullum was seeing it like a beach ball.

Hopkins has potential

Reply #193 Posted: March 01, 2010, 08:06:11 am

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
I saw some of McCullum's shots on a news replay yesterday. One cover drive for six was fantastic!

What's this Super Over shit though?

Reply #194 Posted: March 01, 2010, 12:22:39 pm

Offline Obbles

If scores are tied at the end of 20 overs each team has one over to hit as many runs as possible

Reply #195 Posted: March 01, 2010, 12:26:27 pm

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
Or bowl as many wides as possible.

Who didn't have a good laugh when Tait sent down that first wide. :heheh:

Reply #196 Posted: March 01, 2010, 12:42:57 pm

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
Quote from: Rex;1076658
If scores are tied at the end of 20 overs each team has one over to hit as many runs as possible

What's wrong with a tied game though? It's not like this is the World Cup or something. And one over seems like a clumsy way of deciding a match.

/cricket purist

Reply #197 Posted: March 01, 2010, 12:50:46 pm

Offline Obbles

TBH its better than a bowl off :/

In other news how good was the US Canada hockey game!

Reply #198 Posted: March 01, 2010, 01:08:03 pm

Offline MattaH

• Just settled in
  • MattaH has no influence.
Could anyone watching the game on TV hear the chants of "smith is a wanker" while aussie were fielding?

Reply #199 Posted: March 01, 2010, 03:28:33 pm