Topic: Cricket Thread

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
Quote from: Scunner;1455971
Public voting is stupid because of course there is going to be bias.

Its down to cricket Australia's / channel 9's decision to sponsor every aspect of the game right up the wazoo. The coverage is sickening. I used to enjoy the pauses in commentary between overs.The little silent patches of 10 or so seconds when the cameraman would pan a 180 degree shot of the ground or the city.Now we have cocks chirping away in our ears about an up and coming mini series or some inane text poll about who is going to take the next wicket. Not to mention' would you like to buy one of these Michael Clarke limited edition prints for four easy payments of $299.99 to celebrate him not knowing where his off stump is'.
Why the need to change the old system of a panel of experts choosing the MOTM? So Vodafone and CA can get money from text revenue.

Reply #800 Posted: December 13, 2011, 12:21:16 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
Quote from: kilabee;1455970
Correct and lets hope for some more consistency from this side now they know the feeling of winning.More test matches would probably help.
Surely you can allow yourself a little smile though Tofu. First victory on aussie soil since 85 is something to truly celebrate.

Oh dear. I've been supporting NZ for almost 40 years now, and one thing I have learnt is never bother to hope for more consistency. Just back your team, and enjoy the random successes. The moment you start expecting them to do well, they'll embarrass the crap out of you. It's happened repeatedly throughout their entire history.

Reply #801 Posted: December 13, 2011, 05:51:09 pm

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Watching Sehwag bat.

Reply #802 Posted: December 27, 2011, 04:48:21 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
Quote from: Zarkov;1459275
Watching Sehwag bat.

Loved how they (channel 9) praised Warner for dropping a catch. Sehwag is the hand eye master.Minimal footwork but awesome to watch.

Reply #803 Posted: December 27, 2011, 05:01:35 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
Credit to Siddle.Good spell with a gem to bowl the little master.Well played.

Would love to have a side by side of the 9 commentary of Siddles no ball dismissal and Bracewells from the previous test.

Reply #804 Posted: December 27, 2011, 08:12:33 pm

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
Well part of the commentary today was about how India refuse to use the DRS system but still get a referral for the no ball, which doesn't quite make sense. If you don't want to use refferals, you don't use them at all.

Reply #805 Posted: December 28, 2011, 12:28:09 am

Offline Carkus

• Just settled in
  • Carkus has no influence.
Quote from: kilabee;1459278
Loved how they (channel 9) praised Warner for dropping a catch. Sehwag is the hand eye master.Minimal footwork but awesome to watch.

That really pissed me off. He clearly got hands to it, therefore it's a drop catch. If it was any player in the Indian team, or NZ for that matter they would've been criticised.

Reply #806 Posted: December 28, 2011, 01:30:38 am

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Hard chance, but he made a hash of it.

Nice to see Wasim putting in appearance, plus a few of his highlights.

Probably my favourite bowler.

Reply #807 Posted: December 28, 2011, 07:43:40 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Absolutely fantastic partnership between Clarke and Ponting, watched most of it today (slow day at work), loved every bit of it, first decent innings I've watched and enjoyed since a long long time ago.

Reply #808 Posted: January 04, 2012, 06:33:26 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
Was hoping Ponting wouldn't get the century he'd been waiting so long for :(

Reply #809 Posted: January 04, 2012, 07:19:00 pm

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Would be good for the little hobbit to retire on a high, he really is a fantastic cricket player.

Reply #810 Posted: January 04, 2012, 07:22:41 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
Quote from: Growler;1460279
Would be good for the little hobbit to retire on a high, he really is a fantastic cricket player.

I get the feeling Ponting will have to be pushed. Pity he's not fantastic at sportsmanship as well.
Clarkes innings is class.

Reply #811 Posted: January 04, 2012, 09:06:37 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: kilabee;1460293
Pity he's not fantastic at sportsmanship as well.

He's an aussie!

Reply #812 Posted: January 04, 2012, 09:25:21 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
ITT: Kiwis wishing they had sportsmen who actually knew how to play sports, but instead they have to rely on their 'gentlemanly manner'.

Reply #813 Posted: January 06, 2012, 11:52:17 am

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
Yeah, why win when you can win AND be a douchebag.

Reply #814 Posted: January 06, 2012, 03:43:00 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
It starts by popping your collar.

Reply #815 Posted: January 06, 2012, 04:49:06 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
GG auckland -Back to back hit and giggle titles. Hope the test match is a contest on Thursday.

Reply #816 Posted: January 22, 2012, 06:31:11 pm

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
I think it will  be, I hope it will be, the indian series has turned into bore.

Still better than all the 20/20 bullshit. Please make it go away

Reply #817 Posted: January 24, 2012, 10:09:32 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Pointing and Pup with another fucking fantastic partnership, double centuries for the both of them, and you should have seen the amount of hot babes pouring into the oval this morning as I deove past on my way to work..

Reply #818 Posted: January 25, 2012, 06:24:40 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
Hard to know what to make of the form reversal of your top order since NZ won that last test.India have just been so poor this tour.I wanted a great contest from this tour but it turned to shit almost from the word go. Never mind real test cricket between NZ and Zimbabwe tomorrow :P

Reply #819 Posted: January 25, 2012, 09:38:14 pm

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
Just watching the aussie v india 20/20

Wtf is with miking the batsmen as he is coming out to bat? Asking Warner about the pressure he faces blah blah blah. What is this american idol

Reply #820 Posted: February 03, 2012, 09:37:51 pm

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
They've done that for the last couple of years since Twenty/20 has become big. They mic up a couple of players on the ground the get some comments from them throughout the game. They had Brett Lee mic'ed in the first match. This match they had Warner and David Hussey. It's just part of the 'party' they are trying to create and evolve.

Reply #821 Posted: February 04, 2012, 03:33:59 am

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
Tui Billboard- It adds to the game.

Reply #822 Posted: February 04, 2012, 07:47:43 am

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
The only people worth micing up, were the really good ones. I really enjoyed hearing what players like gilchrist and warne had to say. Not so much players like hussey and warner.

Reply #823 Posted: February 04, 2012, 10:49:35 am

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
Boon after a dozen would have been gold

Reply #824 Posted: February 04, 2012, 01:32:57 pm