Topic: What grinds your gears?

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
Bullshit newspapers that don't acknowledge their interests. For instance, the NZ Herald has breathlessly reported on Jonah Lomu and his "condition" all week: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10755154

Later, they report that Lomu has sold an "exclusive" to a "womens magazine", which happens to be the New Zealand Womens Weekly. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10755463

Then they get the All Blacks in on the act - interupting their training session to spell out "get well soon, Jonah".

All the while, the NZ Herald neglects to disclose that they are owned by APN, the same company that owns (drum roll)....... the New Zealand Womens Weekly. Personally, i'm picking that Jonah isn't as bad as has been made out and the Herald has prostituted it's newsdesk to help out a sister publication.

And that fucken grinds my gears.
Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 11:19:00 pm by TofuEater

Reply #300 Posted: October 01, 2011, 11:12:05 pm
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
You think everything is a conspiracy.

And not even the good kind of conspiracy like what Grim posts for us.

Reply #301 Posted: October 02, 2011, 05:35:46 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Having your legal name effectivly changed forever because some fucking cunt made a typo on your passport.

Reply #302 Posted: October 05, 2011, 07:17:52 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Power cuts in the middle of the night.

Reset alarm clock incorrectly.

Get up at 4.30 am by mistake.

Reply #303 Posted: October 05, 2011, 08:30:01 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Alarm clock.

Haha.

Reply #304 Posted: October 05, 2011, 09:01:05 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: BerG;1431542
Alarm clock.

Haha.

They're like any other clock, except they sound an alarm when it's time for you to get up.

Reply #305 Posted: October 05, 2011, 09:34:14 pm

Offline TofuEater

I set mine for 10am.

Reply #306 Posted: October 05, 2011, 09:48:22 pm
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
Quote from: Pyromanik;1431489
Having your legal name effectivly changed forever because some fucking cunt made a typo on your passport.

Pyromaniak?

Reply #307 Posted: October 05, 2011, 11:18:22 pm

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Quote from: TofuEater;1431564
I set mine for 10am.

Retirement must be peaceful

Reply #308 Posted: October 05, 2011, 11:19:55 pm

Obble

When you're trying to sleep in, and your alarm clock has fallen on the ground somewhere, can't find it, yep grinds my gears.

Reply #309 Posted: October 06, 2011, 12:10:19 am

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

Quote from: TofuEater;1431564
I set mine for 10am.

I finish work at 3pm.

Reply #310 Posted: October 06, 2011, 06:29:55 am

Offline TofuEater

Lunchtime.....

Reply #311 Posted: October 06, 2011, 09:35:31 am

Offline Pyromanik

Quote from: Dr Woomanchu;1431590
Pyromaniak?

And even though there's a statement with the alternate spelling on the first page, complete with consolate stamp and signature, no one will accept it.

Almost as fucking bad as people not accepting your recently expired passport as a valid form of ID.

YEAH, BECAUSE I CHANGED MY DATE OF BIRTH SINCE 5 YEARS AGO

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Reply #312 Posted: October 06, 2011, 12:49:42 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

Quote from: TofuEater;1431651
Lunchtime.....

I don't do much when I'm there.

Reply #313 Posted: October 06, 2011, 04:51:42 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Telemarketing.

Don't call my phone and try to sell me shit. Advertise like any other business has to.
Trying to take advantage of my good manners are you? Is that how it is these days huh, find the last bastion of politeness and exploit it?
Get EfffD, face my phone wrath.

Reply #314 Posted: October 12, 2011, 10:49:58 am

Offline deanox

• Just settled in
  • deanox has no influence.
^this and people knocking on my door! Religion, sales, Contact energy, Red cross, Unicef, and some foreigner chick trying to sell different peoples art work, and not understanding the word no, No I don't won't to put it up in my lounge, no I dont want to put a deposit down, No means NO right? :mad:

'Plays Who can it be now?, Men at work'

Reply #315 Posted: October 12, 2011, 11:42:08 am

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
Quote from: Emrico1;1434130
Telemarketing.

Don't call my phone and try to sell me shit. Advertise like any other business has to.
Trying to take advantage of my good manners are you? Is that how it is these days huh, find the last bastion of politeness and exploit it?
Get EfffD, face my phone wrath.
"Hello"
"Hello is that Mr Kilabee?".
"If you can tell me my first name I won't hang up on you"
"Ummm"
*click*

Reply #316 Posted: October 12, 2011, 11:46:09 am

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
Flyspray Kilabee?

Reply #317 Posted: October 12, 2011, 03:08:37 pm

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
AMD

Reply #318 Posted: October 12, 2011, 10:52:58 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Swindle and his Rage Train throughout GetSome Forumz :P

Reply #319 Posted: October 12, 2011, 11:04:59 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
You know it.

AMD are lucky I'm such a photoshop pleb...

Reply #320 Posted: October 12, 2011, 11:08:55 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
People who try to
Use a printer but find that
Printer does not work

They try print again
But still printer does not work
They see you for help

You go see whats wrong
They try to print but: Nothing
It is not plugged in

They plug in printer
Immediately it works!
You want to kill them

Printer; prints and prints
Pages and pages of stuff
From previous day

They ask: "Why it print
All the stuff from yesterday?"
Urge to kill rising

You say "You pressed print"
"Ten times yesterday and now"
"It will never stop"

"Why will it not stop?"
"But I pressed print yesterday!!"
"Why are you so mad?"

"You print lots of shit"
"Cant follow instructions and"
"The printer is mine"
Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 10:40:56 am by Tiwaking!

Reply #321 Posted: December 27, 2011, 03:29:18 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Screamro

Reply #322 Posted: August 10, 2012, 11:09:22 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

Kickstarter encourages people with no planning skills think they can be successful without any talent, idea, or skills

Reply #323 Posted: October 04, 2012, 10:25:54 am

Offline O-L-W-A-G

• Addicted
  • O-L-W-A-G has no influence.
Tiwaking's necros

Reply #324 Posted: October 04, 2012, 04:29:59 pm