Topic: Post your rides!

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
You're going out with his daughter.

Think he's going to let you ride his motorbikes as well?

Reply #450 Posted: October 15, 2012, 04:23:06 pm

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
  • Dr. Acula barely matters.Dr. Acula barely matters.
Quote from: Zarkov;1505707
You're going out with his daughter.

Think he's going to let you ride his motorbikes as well?

Haha fair call! Only some of his bikes I'll be allowed to ride, going up north to Kaitaia over new years and get to take out a few of his off-road 'Mad Max' beaters. He's got a 750cc 4 stroke dirt bike/burnout competition winner that I'm itching for a blast on! :P

Reply #451 Posted: October 15, 2012, 04:34:20 pm
Dr. λculał

i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H100i Push/Pull | Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 | 8GB Patriot Viper Xtreme @ 2000MHz | 2x ASUS DirectCU II 7970 3GB @ 1000/1400 | 2x Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB Raid0 | 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB | Corsair AX1200W Gold | Raidmax Platinum

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Dr. Acula;1505714
Haha fair call! Only some of his bikes I'll be allowed to ride, going up north to Kaitaia over new years and get to take out a few of his off-road 'Mad Max' beaters. He's got a 750cc 4 stroke dirt bike/burnout competition winner that I'm itching for a blast on! :P

are you in it for the daughter or bikes, saw the daughter but stopped for the bikes...

if your answer is the bikes.. you are a top bloke.

Reply #452 Posted: October 15, 2012, 06:26:57 pm

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
  • Dr. Acula barely matters.Dr. Acula barely matters.
Quote from: Xsannz;1505726
are you in it for the daughter or bikes, saw the daughter but stopped for the bikes...

if your answer is the bikes.. you are a top bloke.

Daughter, she cooks some mean bacon and eggs. Everything else(bikes etc) is just a bonus ;)

Reply #453 Posted: October 15, 2012, 06:55:52 pm
Dr. λculał

i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H100i Push/Pull | Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 | 8GB Patriot Viper Xtreme @ 2000MHz | 2x ASUS DirectCU II 7970 3GB @ 1000/1400 | 2x Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB Raid0 | 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB | Corsair AX1200W Gold | Raidmax Platinum

Offline ldssmith

• Addicted
  • ldssmith has no influence.
my s13 track car project at hardpark new plymouth.

Reply #454 Posted: December 26, 2012, 01:55:36 pm
L D S S M I T H

Codex

What'd you get pinged for

Reply #455 Posted: December 26, 2012, 02:16:37 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Cheap front air dam.

Reply #456 Posted: December 26, 2012, 03:24:29 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Having a shit car probably.

Jokes.

Reply #457 Posted: December 26, 2012, 04:37:03 pm

Offline ldssmith

• Addicted
No cert for the adjustable suspension, wheels sticking out of the guards, no wof or reg, not wearing a seat belt and having blacked out tail lights.

Reply #458 Posted: December 26, 2012, 06:59:25 pm
L D S S M I T H

Offline Spigalau

• Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.
Quote from: ldssmith;1512712
No cert for the adjustable suspension, wheels sticking out of the guards, no wof or reg, not wearing a seat belt and having blacked out tail lights.

So Stupidity then ?

Reply #459 Posted: December 26, 2012, 07:09:18 pm
49 20 63 61 6e 20 72 65 6d 65 6d 62 65 72 20 77 68 65 6e 20 74 68 65 20 61 69 72 20 77 61 73 20 63 6c 65 61 6e 20 61 6e 64 20 73 65 78 20 77 61 73 20 64 69 72 74 79 2e

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
how much did that cost.

sounds like you are the reason car enthusiasts get labeled boy racers...

Reply #460 Posted: December 26, 2012, 07:57:56 pm

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
Quote from: ldssmith;1512712

Yeah nah, you're still an idiot. Maybe come back in another couple of years.

Reply #461 Posted: December 26, 2012, 08:06:02 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline ldssmith

• Addicted
All up was a $900 worth of fines. And not so much stupidity, just didn't travel far enough. It was an organized car event (council permission etc) in which legal and illegal cars are aloud to go. Unfortunately I got my car of the trailer about 100meters to early, you see I didn't realize I was on a public road, I thought I was in the grounds where the event was happening, so as you do, I backed my car off the trailer and didn't think twice about a seat belt because I was driving roughly 100meters to park my car, that's when the policeman flagged me to the side of the road where he informed me I was breaking the law. I tried explaining to him that it was a simple mistake on my behalf but even so, I still got the tickets. Its a purpose built track car, not made for the road thus why it was on a trailer going to a legal event. I'd hardly call myself a boyracer, I haven't done a skid on the roads or any other boyracer activities since I left high school lol.

Reply #462 Posted: December 26, 2012, 08:10:36 pm
L D S S M I T H

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Quote from: ldssmith;1512726
All up was a $900 worth of fines. And not so much stupidity, just didn't travel far enough. It was an organized car event (council permission etc) in which legal and illegal cars are aloud to go. Unfortunately I got my car of the trailer about 100meters to early, you see I didn't realize I was on a public road, I thought I was in the grounds where the event was happening, so as you do, I backed my car off the trailer and didn't think twice about a seat belt because I was driving roughly 100meters to park my car, that's when the policeman flagged me to the side of the road where he informed me I was breaking the law. I tried explaining to him that it was a simple mistake on my behalf but even so, I still got the tickets. Its a purpose built track car, not made for the road thus why it was on a trailer going to a legal event. I'd hardly call myself a boyracer, I haven't done a skid on the roads or any other boyracer activities since I left high school lol.

Plausible...  either tough break and a shitty assed cop, or you looked like a trouble maker and didnt sound honest enough...

Reply #463 Posted: December 26, 2012, 08:14:21 pm

Offline ldssmith

• Addicted
Its New Plymouth, cops here love giving out tickets & stickers. I don't think I look like a trouble maker, I was just there to enjoy the day and show of my car. I even showed him the trailer and ute that was used to get me there, but it wasn't enough. It's fine tho, tickets were paid the following day, wasn't money I would have liked to spend on tickets since it was money I was saving to buy more parts for my engine but hey, just keep on saving and be more careful next time I go to car events.

Reply #464 Posted: December 26, 2012, 08:20:59 pm
L D S S M I T H

Codex

If it's an event you're going to, you should use a trailer anyway.

Any fine you get from taking your non street legal car onto the roads just because you want to take it somewhere for show is deserved tbh

Reply #465 Posted: December 26, 2012, 08:43:32 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Actually sounds a bit rough to me, the cop should have been all, 'oh ok fair mistake' if he was right there. He didn't drive it to the event or anything. Booking a race car right outside an event is just the work of a prick.

Pro-tip: A lot of dickhead cops get wood over having people kiss there arse, play along, be polite and apologetic (as much as it pains you) and they sometimes throw you some slack. The moment you lie or become rude, you're fucked.

Reply #466 Posted: December 27, 2012, 08:54:31 am

Offline deanox

• Just settled in
  • deanox has no influence.
Wow lots of "PCness" in here.

Throw up some photos of the engine.

Reply #467 Posted: December 27, 2012, 09:30:12 am

Codex

Quote from: Emrico1;1512762
Pro-tip: A lot of dickhead cops get wood over having people kiss there arse, play along, be polite and apologetic (as much as it pains you) and they sometimes throw you some slack. The moment you lie or become rude, you're fucked.

Seems to be a part of their training these days, it was interesting enforcing law back to them :P

Quote from: deanox;1512763
Throw up some photos of the engine.

Yeah would be interested in seeing too

Reply #468 Posted: December 27, 2012, 10:14:17 am

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
The moment you lie or become rude, you're fucked.

That counts what ever the situation and who evers involved, cop or no cop.

Maybe they've had problems with BR's taking cars off trailers and doing burnouts etc. outside the event so thats why their clamping down on it?

Reply #469 Posted: December 27, 2012, 02:15:12 pm

Offline deanox

• Just settled in
  • deanox has no influence.
Quote from: Pitchey;1512794
That counts what ever the situation and who evers involved, cop or no cop.

Maybe they've had problems with BR's taking cars off trailers and doing burnouts etc. outside the event so thats why their clamping down on it?

But most likely he is considered a boy racer=zero tolerance.

Reply #470 Posted: December 27, 2012, 02:57:34 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Pro-tip: A lot of dickhead cops get wood over having people kiss there arse

Oh god... Their*

Reply #471 Posted: December 27, 2012, 03:11:39 pm

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
Quote from: Emrico1;1512801
Oh god... Their*

...so thats why their clamping down on it?

Maybe he was just a jive-ass turkey?

Reply #472 Posted: December 27, 2012, 03:26:53 pm

Offline mattnz

Quote from: Emrico1;1512801
Oh god... Their*

...so thats why their clamping down on it?

Maybe he was just a jive-ass turkey?

Reply #473 Posted: December 27, 2012, 03:27:20 pm

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!

Reply #474 Posted: December 27, 2012, 06:05:28 pm