Reply #1100 Posted: February 22, 2011, 09:43:52 pm

Offline Thetruereddevil

• Addicted
  • Thetruereddevil has no influence.
Buckets been reported on somewhere im sure

no news on reaperjoe? Righthand only?

Reply #1101 Posted: February 22, 2011, 09:49:32 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
RHO is in CHC?

Reply #1102 Posted: February 22, 2011, 09:55:34 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline nz_wing

• Devoted Member
  • nz_wing has no influence.
Bro and I are alright

Reply #1103 Posted: February 22, 2011, 09:56:07 pm

XBL GT: kazzaWing

Offline Machpants

• Addicted
  • Machpants has no influence.
Quote from: Pyromanik;1362453
RHO is in CHC?

Yep, according to his BW application

Reply #1104 Posted: February 22, 2011, 10:01:29 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Oh. I thought he was a Dunners chap.

Reply #1105 Posted: February 22, 2011, 10:02:10 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
OK my quake story.

I am one lucky fucker.

I was at Chch Hospital having an MRI. I don;t like MRI's as I suffer  from mild claustrophobia, so I had been given a sedative, so when the  quake hit I felt zero stress, even though I was actually in the fuckin  MRI machine at the time. I was thrown around like a rag doll, but no  injury. The technician dragged me out. I was woozy on my feet so they  shoved me in a wheelchair and gave me over to 4  hot little radiography  students who  gave me lots of TLC for 20 minutes until Kris (Bitchi)  managed to find me.

The house we're living in has taken some damage and teh street outside  is fucked. We have no water  or drainage at the moment, but we have  already signed up for and paid for the new place we were planning to  move to in a few weeks. The landlord rang us this evening to say the new  place had taken little damage, so we will be moving very very soon.

I may lay off lotto tickets for a wile. We seem to be using up all our luck in other areas.

Reply #1106 Posted: February 22, 2011, 10:09:34 pm

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline Pyromanik

Need more hand?
We have a large lounge and spare bedroom if your place is a bit buggered.
We have water and drainage... though they reckon the chance of contamination is higher this time. We're boiling madly.

Reply #1107 Posted: February 22, 2011, 10:12:09 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
:( Poor Bitchiwho.

Does this mean your new house is no good?

Reply #1108 Posted: February 22, 2011, 10:14:35 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
The house is well liveable. No fresh water but we can work around that ( I have lots of beer :D) lots of cracks and the mantlepiece in the lounge fell off, but we can live here just fine for the time it takes us to move

Reply #1109 Posted: February 22, 2011, 10:16:00 pm

Offline Catalyst

• Addicted
  • Catalyst barely matters.Catalyst barely matters.
talk about an intense day (aftershock just as i started writing this)

saw a guy get smacked in the head by falling wood in town, he seemed alright afterwards and was very thankful for the help

hope everyone else is alright, keen to help if anyone needs help moving/tidying up etc

Reply #1110 Posted: February 22, 2011, 10:17:42 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

Aftershocks coming every minute or so

Reply #1111 Posted: February 22, 2011, 10:19:26 pm

Offline Plasma

• Addicted
  • Plasma is working their way up.Plasma is working their way up.Plasma is working their way up.
Wish it would stop raining, poor bastards sleeping in the park :(

Reply #1112 Posted: February 22, 2011, 10:19:27 pm

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
Glad to see people reporting in safely.

I too would like to offer a very sincere invite for anyone wanting to get out of town. I live in Wellington and have a spare room empty and ready for anyone needing to recuperate. I can empty my office as well for those with kids or extended family.

Air Nz are offering cheap flights in and out of Christchurch.

PM me if you would like to avoid the nasty aftershocks

Mi Casa Su Casa

Reply #1113 Posted: February 22, 2011, 10:19:46 pm

Offline smegmacheese

• Devoted Member
  • smegmacheese has no influence.
I saw someone on msn, probably Bucket's wife about an hour ago.(using his ID)

Reply #1114 Posted: February 22, 2011, 10:21:56 pm

Offline Bane

• Addicted
  • Bane has no influence.
Quote from: Dr Woomanchu;1362470
The house is well liveable. No fresh water but we can work around that ( I have lots of beer :D) lots of cracks and the mantlepiece in the lounge fell off, but we can live here just fine for the time it takes us to move

Just be careful. Dont want to hear the whole place has fallen ontop of you from aftershocks.

Reply #1115 Posted: February 22, 2011, 10:26:04 pm

Offline mish

• Addicted
  • mish has no influence.
I was looking out the window over the avon when the quake hit, I watched the PGG building as it collapsed.
A gutwrenching sound of concrete, twisted steel and smashing glass. I sprinted out of my office and over the river, a few bloodied people came staggering out, more were screaming, crushed under the wreckage on the first floor.

Tough day at the office.

Reply #1116 Posted: February 22, 2011, 10:26:05 pm

Offline Pyromanik

That's gotta be nasty man. Horrific.
I was lucky. Everything that was going to fall down on Victoria street seems to have already done so (or been condemed as being half down).
People were shit scared, but no casualties.

Reply #1117 Posted: February 22, 2011, 10:30:12 pm

Offline nz_wing

• Devoted Member
  • nz_wing has no influence.
pak n save hornby is open if you need supplies

Reply #1118 Posted: February 22, 2011, 10:31:35 pm

XBL GT: kazzaWing

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
  • bitchimom has no influence.
^^ a friend of mine works worked in the PGG building... first floor. I'm not holding out a lot of hope.
haven't heard from my mum yet, she works near where that bus got toasted... hopefully it's just dodgy phone networks and lack of power that's stopping communications.

and yeah.. again, fucking sick of the constant aftershocks. today has not been fun.

Reply #1119 Posted: February 22, 2011, 10:34:35 pm
bitchimom: dirrrrrty girl racer

earthquake refugee since aaaages ago
http://www.rebuildshakeytown.blogspot.com

Offline Menial

• Addicted
  • Menial is working their way up.Menial is working their way up.Menial is working their way up.
Quote from: mish;1362485
Tough day at the office.

For them or you?

It wasn't for me :/

Reply #1120 Posted: February 22, 2011, 10:42:45 pm

Offline mish

• Addicted
  • mish has no influence.
Quote from: Menial;1362490
For them or you?

It wasn't for me :/

For me, I spilled my lunch all over my shirt.

Reply #1121 Posted: February 22, 2011, 10:45:02 pm

Offline Menial

• Addicted
  • Menial is working their way up.Menial is working their way up.Menial is working their way up.
Quote from: Dr Woomanchu;1362465
OK my quake story.

I am one lucky $#@!er.

I was at Chch Hospital having an MRI. I don;t like MRI's as I suffer  from mild claustrophobia, so I had been given a sedative, so when the  quake hit I felt zero stress, even though I was actually in the $#@!in  MRI machine at the time. I was thrown around like a rag doll, but no  injury. The technician dragged me out. I was woozy on my feet so they  shoved me in a wheelchair and gave me over to 4  hot little radiography  students who  gave me lots of TLC for 20 minutes until Kris ($#@!i)  managed to find me.

The house we're living in has taken some damage and teh street outside  is $#@!ed. We have no water  or drainage at the moment, but we have  already signed up for and paid for the new place we were planning to  move to in a few weeks. The landlord rang us this evening to say the new  place had taken little damage, so we will be moving very very soon.

I may lay off lotto tickets for a wile. We seem to be using up all our luck in other areas.

Great story, I'm truly glad you're okay WooHoo (and ya'll chch people too), god know's I've got a soft spot for you but I'm gonna have to call you on that last sentence.

Reply #1122 Posted: February 22, 2011, 10:48:46 pm

Offline philo-sofa

• Addicted
  • philo-sofa barely matters.philo-sofa barely matters.
Am down in Welly for work, some American tourists came in on a flight from Chch to my hotel.  One asked me for clean clothes (apparently they literally came in with the clothes on their back). It took me a while to realise she was still in shock; apparently she watched someone get crushed in front of her. It sort of brought some of the reality of it to bear for me.

At the risk of being called a fgt, much love again to you folks, and although we, as aucklanders basically look down on you from across a vast cultural and economic gulf know that we're still there for you...

*gives Christchurch an embarrassed man-hug*
Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 12:29:35 am by philo-sofa

Reply #1123 Posted: February 23, 2011, 12:26:55 am

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
i managed to be convinced to head south, so i'm holed up in the slightly less shakey timaru with family.

Best of luck to everyone up there, hopefully i'll be back up there soon to help you guys out with anything

Reply #1124 Posted: February 23, 2011, 01:24:59 am
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity