Topic: Christchurch Earthquake

Offline Spigalau

• Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.
Quote from: Aloysius;1306755
Whats with your fascination with St Albans seafood?

Nothing like a good oyster burger & refresh.. damn stuff images...

Reply #125 Posted: September 06, 2010, 03:30:18 pm
49 20 63 61 6e 20 72 65 6d 65 6d 62 65 72 20 77 68 65 6e 20 74 68 65 20 61 69 72 20 77 61 73 20 63 6c 65 61 6e 20 61 6e 64 20 73 65 78 20 77 61 73 20 64 69 72 74 79 2e

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Catalyst;1306757
dam only 4.4

felt like more. the drunker i get the less effective my new skill...

Reply #126 Posted: September 06, 2010, 03:30:42 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Obbles

• Obbles has no influence.
Isnt that United Taxis?

Reply #127 Posted: September 06, 2010, 03:33:27 pm

Offline Aloysius

• Just settled in
  • Aloysius has no influence.
Quote from: JontyB;1306761
Quote from: Catalyst;1306757
dam only 4.4

felt like more. the drunker i get the less effective my new skill...

It's probably because all the after shocks aren't located in the same place.
That one just now was probably a three . something

Reply #128 Posted: September 06, 2010, 03:34:46 pm

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
Odometer readings are inconsistent and jump backwards sometimes.

good old Blue Star Taxis, you pack of winders

I'd hardly call 12km a wound back odometer, may have just been an error while the change of ownership went through, also as a Taxi they are subject to a Certificate of Fitness, not a WOF. The COF on that vehicle is current.

As to the rego maybe the owners cancelled it as its not gonna be a repaired vehicle!

Reply #129 Posted: September 06, 2010, 03:35:17 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Damn, have just heard that a friend of ours who bought a house last year is probably going to have to get it demolished...she's so attached to it....yes, she DOES have insurance.

Reply #130 Posted: September 06, 2010, 03:39:44 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline zolteg

• Devoted Member
  • zolteg has no influence.
Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1306695
I'm celebrating my third day without a shower and shave. Haven't had a shit yet....I think I'm well bound. These things are not important, but public health is.

Beware of shit building up and escaping from the wrong orifice.

Reply #131 Posted: September 06, 2010, 03:42:23 pm

Offline ChineseKiwi

• Addicted
  • ChineseKiwi has no influence.
It felt like more due to the depth @ 8 km and the location (20 km west).

Reply #132 Posted: September 06, 2010, 03:42:43 pm

Offline ChineseKiwi

• Addicted
Eat some curry if you want to be constipated for a while lols. And apples.

Reply #133 Posted: September 06, 2010, 03:43:22 pm

Offline zolteg

• Devoted Member
  • zolteg has no influence.
Quote from: th3fairy;1306707
bitterly disappointed with some of the customers we have had ring through today.

because a major portion of telecom is based in chch, we have a 72 hour delay for connections - exception being if youre in CHCH or you are in Emergency Services. Have had several taxi guys literally abusing us and demanding we get someone to sort it out - overheard one of our call center guys say : "sure thing buddy let us rummage through the rubble that is our office in christchurch and when we find the next available provisioning representative, we'll ensure your request is escalated"

some people aye...

Lols. My ex manages provisioning at TCL....she reckon's it's madness today.

Reply #134 Posted: September 06, 2010, 03:44:45 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: JontyB;1306732
definately been boiling drinking and cooking water. replaced drinking water with Grolsch :D

Yeah mate, good to see you have your priorities straight. Send your crazywench flatmate to the supermarket to buy beer for you, hahahahaha

Reply #135 Posted: September 06, 2010, 03:49:42 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Rex;1306763
Isnt that United Taxis?

so it is

Reply #136 Posted: September 06, 2010, 03:50:09 pm

Offline Speakman

Quote from: Pyromanik;1306780
Quote from: JontyB;1306732
definately been boiling drinking and cooking water. replaced drinking water with Grolsch :D

Yeah mate, good to see you have your priorities straight. Send your crazywench flatmate to the supermarket to buy beer for you, hahahahaha

she offered.

Reply #137 Posted: September 06, 2010, 03:50:29 pm

Offline Obbles

• Obbles has no influence.
Gotta love this community, fire brigade turns up offers to fill our bath with water then good old mum makes some coffee and biscuits for the guys fixing our water line

ETA 1 hour until water!!

Reply #138 Posted: September 06, 2010, 04:18:11 pm

Offline Virus.

• Devoted Member
  • Virus. has no influence.
^ Awesome. You hanging out with your mum?

Reply #139 Posted: September 06, 2010, 04:19:23 pm

Offline ChineseKiwi

• Addicted
I reckon a good 4.5 there.

Reply #140 Posted: September 06, 2010, 04:19:41 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
the shakes been a bit more often in the last few hours.

Reply #141 Posted: September 06, 2010, 04:20:22 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Virus.

• Devoted Member
This sounds like a real experience for you Chch peoples. Best of luck to you all.

Reply #142 Posted: September 06, 2010, 04:22:37 pm

Offline bucket

• Addicted
  • bucket has no influence.
Quote from: Spigalau;1306751

Hrrmm... http://www.carjam.co.nz/car/?plate=dqh616

Hrrmm... http://www.carjam.co.nz/car/?plate=emh901

hrrrm... http://www.carjam.co.nz/car/?plate=rq3962

Do you only need to get a WOF & Rego in the North Island ?

Richard Lowe said his wifes car was covered in brick's.

Reply #143 Posted: September 06, 2010, 04:37:38 pm

Offline nick247

• Addicted
  • nick247 has no influence.
you guys in christchurch do realise that right now there is a "crazy" scientist who has predicted that this is only a warning and that there is a massive quake coming that will destroy the whole of christchurch
...and he is asking government officials to evacuate the city
...but those slimey officials arent listening to him because they dont want to scare off all the tourists and it is an election year

I just watched The Day after Tomorrow last night and piranha the other day and if the science of those movies is correct then only couples who havent yet realised their love for each other will survive

Reply #144 Posted: September 06, 2010, 04:44:56 pm

Offline Speakman

everyone knows its not 2012 yet, nothing to worry about

Reply #145 Posted: September 06, 2010, 04:52:18 pm

Offline d|zrupt

• Just settled in
  • d|zrupt has no influence.
LOL bucket, good find on that BMW

Reply #146 Posted: September 06, 2010, 04:55:47 pm
Don\'t follow my foosteps, i walk through walls..

Offline Virus.

• Devoted Member
Watch a good disaster movie.

2012 was a movie I was thinking about in particular. However, the theme doesn't have to be exact. Not all horror movies are set in NZ (or, indeed, in the present) but you still jump at shadows.

Any other disaster movie will do.

On another note: Can't wait till Auckland gets it's tsunami roll over and puts the CBD back into the ocean.
Would serve them right about being so smug for being off the fault line.

Reply #147 Posted: September 06, 2010, 04:57:53 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: nick247;1306832
you guys in christchurch do realise that right now there is a "crazy" scientist who has predicted that this is only a warning and that there is a massive quake coming that will destroy the whole of christchurch
...and he is asking government officials to evacuate the city

Do you have a link for that, Nick? A name, at least (of the 'scientist'?)

Reply #148 Posted: September 06, 2010, 04:58:23 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline smegmacheese

• Devoted Member
  • smegmacheese has no influence.
stuff.co.nz seems to be very fricking slow for me since this quake. No idea if two events are related. Check out that webby nick? I will be up in Seoul for Chu-Seok for 2 days with my wife if you want to meet up for coffee then too.

My mother and neighbours in chch are pooing in buckets and digging pits. Not sure about the rationale of digging a pit deep in the ground for your shit. There is little biological activity beyond the topsoil, that poo is just going to sit around buried underground I guess.

Are there septic tank trucks or anything like that going around? My parents are boiling water and doing the best they can with sanitation.

Reply #149 Posted: September 06, 2010, 04:58:31 pm