Topic: Christchurch Earthquake

Offline trololololo

• Just settled in
  • trololololo barely matters.trololololo barely matters.
My work has been red stickered.

Reply #1275 Posted: February 26, 2011, 11:23:00 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Stink bro. Is it easy for them to reloacate?
We've been offered office space with one of our clients. All good and dandy but we can't do much without our client files on the server at work inside the cordon :<
Just waiting waiting until the boss gets the chance to go and pick it up.

Reply #1276 Posted: February 26, 2011, 11:27:49 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Death Dealer NZL

• Just settled in
  • Death Dealer NZL has no influence.
When I phoned my work on wednesday morning I was told to come in to work and they didn't even ask how I was :( just told turn up to work. And I already had a hand injury that prevents me from working in the fatory till its healed, they had me sitting in a small office out back checking machine operating manuals work for spelling and grammer mistakes.

Reply #1277 Posted: February 26, 2011, 12:06:14 pm

Offline trololololo

• Just settled in
The computers have already been retrieved apparently, having a meeting on Monday to find out more.  Relocating shouldn't be to hard.

Reply #1278 Posted: February 26, 2011, 01:30:52 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Here you go, some pics from the EQ. Most taken from in car while trying to get to family etc straight after the quake.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=337776&id=580648754&l=34210127c9

Reply #1279 Posted: February 26, 2011, 02:28:19 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Codex

good photos. From various photos and footage from town the car park im in should be fine... Apparently my work doesn't have a single crack o_O the internals are shaken up and shredded like a blender and every piece of glass that could break did break but none of the exterior glass or structure really got any damage o-o;;;
Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 03:15:10 pm by Codex

Reply #1280 Posted: February 26, 2011, 03:12:28 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
just out of curiosity, did anyone here go down moorhouse and notice the Harvey Norman building by the overbridge at the colombo st corner? kinda wondering how works building held up

Reply #1281 Posted: February 26, 2011, 03:22:28 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Growler;1363593
Here you go, some pics from the EQ. Most taken from in car while trying to get to family etc straight after the quake.

Hah, you by close past me. We're not far from the strategy office. Fucking lucky to be in a realatively undamaged part of town.
You should see the knox church from the other side. Just 3 pillars barely holding the roof up.
Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 03:46:16 pm by Pyromanik

Reply #1282 Posted: February 26, 2011, 03:41:23 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: JontyB;1363608
just out of curiosity, did anyone here go down moorhouse and notice the Harvey Norman building by the overbridge at the colombo st corner? kinda wondering how works building held up

Iv'e tried to get close Jonty but it's still no mans land. I think by Monday it should be a little more accessable by then.

Reply #1283 Posted: February 26, 2011, 03:43:23 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
  • bitchimom has no influence.
Quote from: Growler;1363593

great pics... no surprises about some of those buildings that are now down... every time I went past Piko I wondered how all those bricks were still standing. not anymore...
gonna put a link to those pix on my blog later

Reply #1284 Posted: February 26, 2011, 03:44:10 pm
bitchimom: dirrrrrty girl racer

earthquake refugee since aaaages ago
http://www.rebuildshakeytown.blogspot.com

Codex

Next EQ updated recently as well
New Zealand
Southern Region
New Zone
within 500 km from
Christchurch, South Island
Lat -43.527, Lon 172.622

M4.5-M6.5
expected about Mar 15+/-3 days (posted 0100 hours 24th Feb)

http://www.nextearthquake.com/earthquakes_long_term_forecasts.htm

Which was fairly accurate with the recent one:
New Zealand
Southern Region
New Zone
within 500 km from
Christchurch, South Island
Lat -43.527, Lon 172.622

M4.3-M6.3
expected about Feb 22+/-3 days (revised 0210 hours 19th Feb)

:<

Reply #1285 Posted: February 26, 2011, 04:03:31 pm

Offline Growler

Here is 2 pics of some missing things in Chch.

Shag Rock photo was take on the night of the Blood moon, 21st Dec 2010.

The Christchurch Catherdral was shot on the night of 21st February, just a mere 15 hours before it became a tragic part of Christchurchs history.

Reply #1286 Posted: February 26, 2011, 04:12:29 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
I love the photo of the Cathedral! That would surely be at least one of the last photos of that building ever taken.

Reply #1287 Posted: February 26, 2011, 04:17:27 pm

Offline Growler

Not my photo, but this is about 300m from my house.

Reply #1288 Posted: February 26, 2011, 07:38:29 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Oh damn!

Reply #1289 Posted: February 26, 2011, 07:43:17 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Growler;1363673
Not my photo, but this is about 300m from my house.
When I was 14 a friend of mine and I dug a trench to connect a septic tank to the main sewerage line. It was about half that length and the same depth, and took three days.

The earth dug it in seconds. That is such a staggeringly powerful and scary amount of force.

Reply #1290 Posted: February 26, 2011, 08:29:16 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline trololololo

• Just settled in
my computer fell over during the quake and the 5870 fan is starting to die, time for third party cooling me thinks

Reply #1291 Posted: February 27, 2011, 08:40:20 am

Offline Machpants

• Addicted
  • Machpants has no influence.
The Incredibro hulk from the vid a couple of pages ago getting deserved recognition

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10709041

Reply #1292 Posted: February 27, 2011, 11:21:06 am

Offline Death Dealer NZL

• Just settled in
  • Death Dealer NZL has no influence.
trololololo get EQC to pay for a new one.

My PC table collasped and trashed my PC so I have put a claim in with EQC to get it replaced, what really pissed my of was I had just spent $1500 on hardware upgrades for it 2 weeks before the quake :(

Reply #1293 Posted: February 27, 2011, 11:36:41 am

Offline trololololo

• Just settled in
It will be cheaper to get third party cooling.  About $100 for a cooler, eqc excess is $200.

Reply #1294 Posted: February 27, 2011, 11:48:54 am

Offline Zalman1

• Just settled in
  • Zalman1 has no influence.
Had no internet for a few days, still no power or water. Told there was a website with the best photos?

Reply #1295 Posted: February 27, 2011, 12:26:44 pm

Offline reactiondaman

• I Posted!
  • reactiondaman has no influence.
hehe was holding my computer the hole time!

Reply #1296 Posted: February 27, 2011, 12:42:04 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
not your dad this time?

Reply #1297 Posted: February 27, 2011, 02:12:32 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Greaver

• Just settled in
  • Greaver has no influence.
Quote from: reactiondaman;1363796
hehe was holding my computer the hole time!

hahaha good man

Reply #1298 Posted: February 27, 2011, 05:16:16 pm

Offline Pyromanik

I just sat on the couch, continued to eat lunch, hahaha.

Reply #1299 Posted: February 27, 2011, 05:34:55 pm