Topic: Christchurch Earthquake

Offline bucket

• Addicted
  • bucket has no influence.
Ok, we were all safe after the quake but my 2yr old couldn't go to sleep by himself after the quake, so went went to Nelson for three nights to get away from the shaking and it work!
But today I get a ring from my brother say get home you have been burgled...
fucking son of a bitch.... i want to hit people now..
they have been through everything, mum was coming around feeding our cat as he was lock inside so he wouldn't run.. now he's gone.
fuck
fuck
fuck..

Reply #1300 Posted: February 27, 2011, 07:29:07 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Bastards.

Reply #1301 Posted: February 27, 2011, 07:47:38 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
I'm raging on buckets behalf. Fuck the justice system, hurt the cunts badly

Reply #1302 Posted: February 27, 2011, 07:48:56 pm

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline bucket

• Addicted
  • bucket has no influence.
were do you post about missing cats in chch?

Reply #1303 Posted: February 27, 2011, 07:49:44 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
0800 lost pet or something like that.
Goes past every 5 mins on the ticker on the bottom of one news (when it's on).

Reply #1304 Posted: February 27, 2011, 07:50:36 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Oh man that sucks. :( Feel for you bucket.

Reply #1305 Posted: February 27, 2011, 08:17:52 pm

Offline smegmacheese

• Devoted Member
  • smegmacheese has no influence.
Sorry about that Bucket, roast the fucking scumbags..Amount of looting and crime going on in chch is unfathomable.  Wtf is wrong with these people?

Reply #1306 Posted: February 27, 2011, 08:43:23 pm

Offline Pyromanik

The same thing that was always wrong with them, and always will be.
Just now they have more opportunity than ever before.

Reply #1307 Posted: February 27, 2011, 09:51:26 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
They had the right idea in San Fran in 1906

http://www.earthquakesforum.info/re-armed-gangs-looting-earthquake-victims

Get the army to shoot the pricks on site.
Sorry to hear your situation Bucket.

Reply #1308 Posted: February 27, 2011, 10:00:40 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
I was talking to the Mrs. today. We were discussing how Palmerston North would cope if we were in Chch's situation.
We both came to the conclusion that looting would be out of control.

Reply #1309 Posted: February 27, 2011, 10:31:10 pm

Codex

I wonder what chch's new population is with all the people fleeing. I doubt a lot will ever return for anything more than to grab their belongings and get back out again.

Reply #1310 Posted: February 27, 2011, 10:47:35 pm

Offline 5loth

• Addicted
  • 5loth has no influence.
Quote from: Codex;1363944
I wonder what chch's new population is with all the people fleeing. I doubt a lot will ever return for anything more than to grab their belongings and get back out again.

I don't think this is the case at all, of all my friends/family/extended friends circle etc. I don't know anyone who has left Chch permanently. Nearly everyone I know still has their job and house. Most that have left were due to lack of water/having children/wanting to get away from the aftershocks for a few days.

Reply #1311 Posted: February 27, 2011, 11:08:01 pm
sila.

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
  • EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.
Wonder how many of the students, that had barely been there for a couple of weeks, are leaving.

Reply #1312 Posted: February 27, 2011, 11:15:08 pm
Related to *juice*. The Orz like *sauce*, which they seem to acquire through killing: "After the *dancing*, Orz think you will make good *special sauce*. Maybe even for other Orz *party*." It would seem this is likely to be something sinister. The Orz apparently wish those who take part in *parties* to enjoy the *sauce*, as in the above quote, or in their parting words from random encounters: "Do not forget to *enjoy the sauce*."

Offline Catalyst

• Addicted
  • Catalyst barely matters.Catalyst barely matters.
a lot of people will say they are going to leave permanently but wont, its just the shock which will pass

Reply #1313 Posted: February 27, 2011, 11:17:08 pm

Codex

Quote from: 5loth;1363953
I don't think this is the case at all, of all my friends/family/extended friends circle etc. I don't know anyone who has left Chch permanently. Nearly everyone I know still has their job and house. Most that have left were due to lack of water/having children/wanting to get away from the aftershocks for a few days.
Yeah where as my partner and I know quite a few that have lost their home and work and have nothing left here. They won't return.

Quote from: Catalyst;1363957
a lot of people will say they are going to leave permanently but wont, its just the shock which will pass
mmmm hard to say.

Reply #1314 Posted: February 27, 2011, 11:21:56 pm

Offline Catalyst

• Addicted
i know several families where thats been the case already

Reply #1315 Posted: February 27, 2011, 11:31:32 pm

Offline GhostOfGallipoli

• GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...
waiting for other cities to start trying to attract chch refugees permanantly

"dunedin - geologically stable!"

Reply #1316 Posted: February 27, 2011, 11:31:48 pm

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1363157
I agree you with eh.

It's like "We will only donate money if you buy something off us first", and I don't like that at all. If they were serious, that would make a lump sum payment straight up. I know ANZ and Fonterra are making massive upfront donations, good on them.

I just spent over $1000 at Playtech last week. I hope some of that goes towards Christchurch.
I've just got back from Queenstown and two of the waitresses at Millbrook (where we stayed) were caught up in the quake. They had some pretty harrowing experiences and showed us some photos that they took. One of them bought a car about two months ago and it was destroyed (uninsured) - along with some other possessions. We always have "fines" sessions when we travel, and we'd decided to donate all our fines money to the Earthquake appeal.

After hearing their story and what they went through, we have raised and donated $1000 for the waitress to help her buy a replacement car. She was here from England and it seemed there was little chance she would get any government assistance to help her through. She and the other waitress were working long additional hours to try and make up for their losses. After hearing their story, it seemed to be the least we could do.

Reply #1317 Posted: February 27, 2011, 11:39:25 pm
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
  • bitchimom has no influence.
there will be lots of people like us too... right now it's just not possible for us to leave but that's only short term. In the medium-long term, who knows?
we just don't know what the fallout will be from all of this damage & carnage. I've lost a lot of casual work already thanks to the rugby games & other events that won't be happening here for a while and we don't have any idea how long woohoo's job will last if the events don't start up again soon.
We're tied to this place for a little while yet but undecided about the future.
:(

Reply #1318 Posted: February 27, 2011, 11:42:45 pm
bitchimom: dirrrrrty girl racer

earthquake refugee since aaaages ago
http://www.rebuildshakeytown.blogspot.com

Offline Pyromanik

Quote from: Codex;1363944

What belongings?

Reply #1319 Posted: February 28, 2011, 12:22:33 am

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: RetardoBot;1363939
I was talking to the Mrs. today. We were discussing how Palmerston North would cope if we were in Chch's situation.
We both came to the conclusion that looting would be out of control.

You mustn't take advantage of other people's misfortune retardo.

Reply #1320 Posted: February 28, 2011, 05:18:47 am

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
http://all-geo.org/highlyallochthonous/

Worth a read.

Damn,we're all dusty,dirty,tired,and on edge. Two decent aftershocks already this morning. House moves a little more than it did, but still no cracks.

Mate coming up from Geraldine today to help out.

Oh joy, more silt to shift.

Reply #1321 Posted: February 28, 2011, 08:01:28 am
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Catalyst

• Addicted
I'm feeling better so can go shoveling today :), finally

Reply #1322 Posted: February 28, 2011, 08:09:16 am

Offline private_hell

• Addicted
  • private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1363993
http://all-geo.org/highlyallochthonous/

Worth a read.

Damn,we're all dusty,dirty,tired,and on edge. Two decent aftershocks already this morning. House moves a little more than it did, but still no cracks.

Mate coming up from Geraldine today to help out.

Oh joy, more silt to shift.

you should dynamite that silt - show it whose boss, grim :)

Reply #1323 Posted: February 28, 2011, 08:10:25 am
"Let him who desires peace prepare for war" - Flavius Vegetius Renatus (375AD) De Rei Militari

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Would you like a extra pair of hands Mr Duck?

Reply #1324 Posted: February 28, 2011, 09:26:18 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!