Topic: Christchurch Earthquake

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Today I meet with the boss to talk about the future of my work.

Reply #1325 Posted: February 28, 2011, 09:36:11 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Codex

-_- hope all is well pyro

Reply #1326 Posted: February 28, 2011, 10:20:54 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Nah, it'll be sweet bro.
It's about what's going to happen (in terms of temporary relocation, etc), not whether or not we still have a job.

Reply #1327 Posted: February 28, 2011, 11:25:40 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Machpants

• Addicted
  • Machpants has no influence.
@ Bucket, man that is so shit! Words cannot convey my opinions on those wankers.

Reply #1328 Posted: February 28, 2011, 11:31:53 am

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Growler;1364016
Would you like a extra pair of hands Mr Duck?

Cheers, nah ,we're o.k. round here...bit of a rest then out with some mates shovelling.

Reply #1329 Posted: February 28, 2011, 01:30:43 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Hads

• Just settled in
  • Hads has no influence.
Anybody else noticed the question that everyone asked when you first meet someone is 'How is your house?'  I wonder how long this greeting will last.

Reply #1330 Posted: February 28, 2011, 02:03:01 pm

Codex

How's your house Hads?

Reply #1331 Posted: February 28, 2011, 02:08:06 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Pyromanik;1364037
Nah, it'll be sweet bro.
It's about what's going to happen (in terms of temporary relocation, etc), not whether or not we still have a job.

wish my bosses were that on to it. bet the owner hasn't even called the insurance company yet. might be another week without pay :/

good to hear you guys will be all good

Reply #1332 Posted: February 28, 2011, 02:54:32 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline simcore

• Addicted
  • simcore has no influence.
A bit late to post this here but things are manic...

If any TelstraClear residential customers require special assistance - such as free landline-to-landline call diversions, or need to connect a landline at another property/move their services call us on 0508 24 24 11.

We are waiving any related transfer/connection fees accordingly, and if you need further assistance or there is any other way we can help, we are open to all requests.

Been dealing with a few people really affected by the quake recently, the trauma people are going through just shakes me to the core, I really hope that everyone else here and our friends and family are safe and sheltered at this point.

Let me know if there is anything someone thinks I can do to assist someone who's a customer of TelstraClear (or just needs assistance with getting a phone up and running)
Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 03:05:05 pm by simcore

Reply #1333 Posted: February 28, 2011, 03:03:01 pm

@simcore
You Suck @ Counter-Strike

New Zealand\'s most capped WCG representative 2003-201

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
  • bitchimom has no influence.
^^us

we have a request in the system to get internet & phone etc hooked up to our new rental. As soon as that's done we can move, cos new house has power and water (so does this one, so we wait).... and goddam we wanna move out of this place as soon as... for many and various reasons.

Reply #1334 Posted: February 28, 2011, 04:20:08 pm
bitchimom: dirrrrrty girl racer

earthquake refugee since aaaages ago
http://www.rebuildshakeytown.blogspot.com

Offline ArtanisNZ

• Addicted
  • ArtanisNZ has no influence.
Jonty if you head to a welfare center with a winz group you should be able to at least get a food grant etc

Reply #1335 Posted: February 28, 2011, 05:49:37 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
yeah i'm currently getting something that is going towards supporting my living (food power etc). they said they weren't sorting lost/missing wages until this week, im prob gonna wait and see if i hear from work tomorrow. if not, i'll head back down

Reply #1336 Posted: February 28, 2011, 05:55:18 pm

Offline ArtanisNZ

• Addicted
  • ArtanisNZ has no influence.
Just let shout if you need anything, i'm sure there is someone about that could help :) just noticed on stuff something  on stuff.

"The payments come in two part - the earthquake support subsidy to help employers keep paying wages and earthquake job loss cover.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/christchurch-earthquake/4710982/Christchurch-earthquake-impact-bigger-than-Katrina
"Businesses will receive $500 a week per full-time employee and $300 per week per part-time employee."

Reply #1337 Posted: February 28, 2011, 05:59:11 pm

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
Quote from: simcore;1364076
A bit late to post this here but things are manic...

If any TelstraClear residential customers require special assistance
LOL @ TelstraClear - only about a week late.

Reply #1338 Posted: February 28, 2011, 06:19:58 pm
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline nick247

• Addicted
  • nick247 has no influence.
What is the best organisation to give donations to?

We are organising a fundraising night here in Seoul and are wondering who will be best to give the money we raise to? Any ideas?

Reply #1339 Posted: February 28, 2011, 06:22:16 pm

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.

Sunday, March 20
• 2011 Coatesville Classic Half Marathon and Fun Run. All proceeds to charity - $2500 to Coatesville Primary, $500 to Coatesville Scouts and remaining profit (up to $20,000) to Christchurch recovery funding. Click here for more info.
Wankers.
Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 07:19:49 pm by TofuEater

Reply #1340 Posted: February 28, 2011, 06:25:46 pm
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
Red cross,Salvation Army and the govt appeals are all going into the same pool.I think that is the case for all major appeals.

Reply #1341 Posted: February 28, 2011, 06:26:06 pm

Offline Speakman

Quote from: nick247;1364133

We are organising a fundraising night here in Seoul and are wondering who will be best to give the money we raise to? Any ideas?

probably the red cross, or even the official govt. appeal http://www.facebook.com/ChristchurchEarthquakeAppeal

Reply #1342 Posted: February 28, 2011, 06:27:40 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: nick247;1364133

I second this, during the Queensland floods some businesses were doing donation matching eg. if you donated $10 through them they would also donate $10
Is anyone in NZ doing that?

Reply #1343 Posted: February 28, 2011, 06:28:48 pm

Offline vedds

• Devoted Member
  • vedds has no influence.
BP are matching it $ for $

Reply #1344 Posted: February 28, 2011, 06:31:56 pm

Offline Catalyst

• Addicted
  • Catalyst barely matters.Catalyst barely matters.
fuck that was a long day

10am till 6pm shoveling silt for an elderly couple, there whole section was full of it as well as their garage which we completely gutted
they gave us $500 which we donated to the student volunteer army :)

a random guy at mitre10 also bought us an $80 wheelbarrow when he realized we were volunteering, fuckin good cunt
Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 06:40:22 pm by Catalyst

Reply #1345 Posted: February 28, 2011, 06:32:35 pm

Offline zolteg

• Devoted Member
  • zolteg has no influence.
Quote from: Bell;1364139
I second this, during the Queensland floods some businesses were doing donation matching eg. if you donated $10 through them they would also donate $10
Is anyone in NZ doing that?

Alcatel-Lucent are, through their Charity Foundation.

Reply #1346 Posted: February 28, 2011, 07:12:13 pm

Codex

Campbell live just ate that guy alive rofllll

Reply #1347 Posted: February 28, 2011, 07:41:54 pm

Offline vedds

• Devoted Member
  • vedds has no influence.
can you el;aborate a little?

Reply #1348 Posted: February 28, 2011, 07:49:13 pm

Codex

in short he got the 'moon man' in and told him to stop being a dick and scaring people, considering on the days of his predictions he actually just made a prediction covering a whole month for an aftershock.

http://www.3news.co.nz/TVShows/CampbellLive/Home/tabid/283/Default.aspx?listingID=1554269 if you get a chance watch it once it's up

Reply #1349 Posted: February 28, 2011, 07:55:25 pm