bitchimom: dirrrrrty girl racer

earthquake refugee since aaaages ago
http://www.rebuildshakeytown.blogspot.com

Codex

even welly is getting the shakes o-o

Reply #1401 Posted: March 02, 2011, 01:21:29 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Disclaimer, I do not feel strongly about anything listed below, however it is almost 3 am, and I'm a bit over tired and feel like rambling a bit.

Quote from: Pyromanik;1364640
Yeh, but aussie has poisionous shit, floods and hurricanes, retarded heat, ridiculous amounts of bogans (the entire population)... and crocodiles that eat children.

1. I've never been attacked by anything poisonous, apart from a wasp.
2. the last time it flooded here, the river rose about 4 or 5 metres, but no suburbs were flooded.
3. neg.
4. Summer has now ended and the hottest it got was 40+ for 2-3 days, apart from that the max was 35, and even then that was only for a couple of days (PATHETIC summer)
5, 6 (and 2 and 3). Queensland is not Australia, I would not live in Queensland if you paid for my flights and accommodation. Queensland is full of bogans, where as most other states there is a significantly lesser amount of them. But yea, that's O.K, you can be a stereotypical jackass.

You pretty well described Queensland, and even then, not really. I've never seen a crocodile, I've seen many snakes, on a farm 3 hours from Adelaide. I see spiders most summer nights, but I mean unless you go walking in the middle of the night while blindfolded they are no problem. You don't bother them and they don't bother you. about 10-12 years ago I was in a tornado (eye of it went straight over my head as I was holding onto a rickety old jetty) However that was about 5 or so hours travel from Adelaide. Since then there has been no significant winds that I recall.

Then, as Bell suggested, generally the female populace are more tuned for the eye, it is easier to get a job and generally they pay a decent amount more than the equivalent in NZ (or so I've heard), There is usually at least one or two days per month where you can go to the beach and just relax - although not being Australian, you've grown up in a different climate so something like this doesn't seem as important to you.

I honestly love Adelaide, it's a small city compared to most, however it's just great.

Also, the post icon guy 'anger' looks like he is made of bacon.

EDIT: Oh yea, and I do not believe that I have ever seen a crocodile in R/L.

Reply #1402 Posted: March 02, 2011, 05:23:00 am

Codex

Sporks mad

A dingo ate his baby

Reply #1403 Posted: March 02, 2011, 11:07:37 am

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
Spork is the dingo

Reply #1404 Posted: March 02, 2011, 11:11:37 am

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
finally heard back from work this morning. they've jumped on the govt assistance package, with the intention of looking at things in a couple of weeks to see if we can get up and running again. unfortunately our building isn't due to be looked at till early next week, but i'm glad i now know i still have an income
Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 11:27:14 am by Speakman

Reply #1405 Posted: March 02, 2011, 11:17:30 am
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline DDM

• Addicted
  • DDM has no influence.
Queensland is awesome, i wouldnt trade it for any other state or territory of australia.

Reply #1406 Posted: March 02, 2011, 12:40:50 pm

Offline zolteg

• Devoted Member
  • zolteg has no influence.
An interesting read.  I especially like the descriptors....  http://webcentre.co.nz/quake/calltoaction.htm

Reply #1407 Posted: March 02, 2011, 12:43:20 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Spork;1364679
Queensland is not Australia, I would not live in Queensland if you paid for my flights and accommodation. Queensland is full of bogans, where as most other states there is a significantly lesser amount of them..

There is Perth.

Reply #1408 Posted: March 02, 2011, 12:44:56 pm

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
Sure, if you want to burn to a crisp, there is Perth.

Reply #1409 Posted: March 02, 2011, 12:50:08 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Perths abit shit.

Reply #1410 Posted: March 02, 2011, 12:50:52 pm

Offline DDM

• Addicted
  • DDM has no influence.
Perth is great too if you don't mind that nothing ever happens.

Reply #1411 Posted: March 02, 2011, 12:53:25 pm

Offline vedds

• Devoted Member
  • vedds has no influence.
Perth has the Little Creatures brewery (well close enough to perth)

Reply #1412 Posted: March 02, 2011, 12:58:32 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Moving anywhere in Australia is moving too close to spork. The guy that thinks 40 degrees is cold.

Reply #1413 Posted: March 02, 2011, 07:29:47 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Quote from: Codex;1364720
Sporks mad

A dingo ate his baby

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/8954/dingopup29465987.jpg
Christchurch Earthquake

Quote from: Pyromanik;1364907
Moving anywhere in Australia is moving too close to spork. The guy that thinks 40 degrees is cold.

Well TBH, they were fairly mild 40 degree days. I actually thought they were more like 38 or 39. Where as my local reading said something like 44.

Reply #1414 Posted: March 02, 2011, 08:07:35 pm

Codex

Reply #1415 Posted: March 03, 2011, 12:11:24 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Oi Codex

11:15, Wednesday 2 March 2011
Public Information Update

CORDON MANAGEMENT AND ACCESS

Plans are progressing to allow people to retrieve vehicles abandoned within the CBD cordon after last week’s earthquake, and for limited access to some buildings.

Threats to personal safety remain the main reason behind the continuing restrictions on access through the cordon. However, Civil Defence is planning how to provide business owners and residents with limited supervised access to their property inside the cordon.

For safety reasons, access will be for a strictly limited period and will be closely controlled. It will allow business owners to retrieve records and portable equipment, and let residents collect personal items. Owners of vehicles within the cordon may also be able to retrieve them, depending on where they are and whether they are undamaged.

This work will be done in stages, starting with the least affected areas in the CBD.

Access will not be granted to areas where the greatest risk remains from unstable buildings, or where rescue and recovery efforts are still underway.

Affected residents and business owners can expect to start hearing from authorities within the next 48 hours.

There are buildings inside the current CBD cordon that have been identified as dangerous.  These buildings may have to be demolished or strengthened and this is work that requires careful management.

We appreciate the frustration of affected residents and business owners but will not permit activity that poses a threat to personal safety, so we ask for patience.

USAR and Police teams working inside and around the cordon area have done a second sweep search of some of the red placarded buildings where they believed people may have been inside. They have also entered yellow and green placarded buildings where other hazards were suspected. This sweep required USAR teams, with Police present, to open locked doors and windows to gain access.

Where required, locksmiths and security alarm contractors are called on to facilitate access. Upon completion the buildings are secured. The Christchurch City Council has now engaged a contractor to work with USAR and Police teams to secure buildings.

Reply #1416 Posted: March 03, 2011, 08:44:20 am

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
TY for that pyro

Reply #1417 Posted: March 03, 2011, 08:54:11 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Chch >> Perth

Big hole filled with money hungry boguns (I just lived there for winter).
Freo is nice (creatures and others).

Adelaide is a really nice city, if I was moving to Aus without already coming from there I'd rate the main cities as best for Kiwi resettlers;

1. Brisbane - Hot, lots of work, theme parks and a huge Kiwi population and proximity to Surfers is nice
2. Adelaide - Just a nice city with lots of jobs and a bit of soul
3. Melbourne - Huge place where its always happening, you want it, it can be found here all be it a little sprawling
4. Hobart - Small, quaint but very similar to a NZ city people are nicer food is better. Houses are cheaper but you can still get good money.
5. Sydney - Too big and everyone appears to want to kill you, the beaches are overcrowded and its full of nuts. Good job oppurtuniies but the rent is too damn high!
6. Perth - Souless money hungry pit. Every bogun who wanted lots of money and a huge V8 lives here. Six or the eight major buildings are banks and it shows. A night on the town is all about being better than the next person. It fails. Only go here if you have a mining money plan and a trades ticket.

I cant account for Canberra as I've only driven through it and Darwin sounds fkn mad so...

Reply #1418 Posted: March 03, 2011, 10:36:17 am

Codex

Yeah my cars in their closed off area inside the closed off area which is open to military only, not even police are allowed in it :/ so no fucking good for me. Can't get it till next week earliest if it's still up by then and no fucking clue on the buildings status

starting to get really fucked off with this, really regret not taking it out with me from day one.

Reply #1419 Posted: March 03, 2011, 10:37:50 am

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Quote from: Codex;1365097
Yeah my cars in their closed off area inside the closed off area which is open to military only, not even police are allowed in it :/ so no fucking good for me. Can't get it till next week earliest if it's still up by then and no fucking clue on the buildings status

starting to get really fucked off with this, really regret not taking it out with me from day one.

Bugger. Sorry to hear bro.

Reply #1420 Posted: March 03, 2011, 10:40:37 am

Offline Pyromanik

Wow, had no idea the lean was that bad! You can't really tell from what they show on the TV.
The leaning tower of CHC

As for my workplace it's been red stickered, green stickered, red stickered again, and now it's yellow stickered.
Apparently it's pretty much fine, but the Pacific Brands building 2 doors down is at risk of crumbling on ours :<
Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 12:38:17 pm by Pyromanik

Reply #1421 Posted: March 03, 2011, 12:35:58 pm

Codex

Quote from: Emrico1;1365100
Bugger. Sorry to hear bro.

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/7158/ragey.png
Christchurch Earthquake

Reply #1422 Posted: March 03, 2011, 12:51:46 pm

Offline DDM

• Addicted
  • DDM has no influence.
Quote from: Emrico1;1365095
Chch >> Perth

Big hole filled with money hungry boguns (I just lived there for winter).
Freo is nice (creatures and others).

Adelaide is a really nice city, if I was moving to Aus without already coming from there I'd rate the main cities as best for Kiwi resettlers;

1. Brisbane - Hot, lots of work, theme parks and a huge Kiwi population and proximity to Surfers is nice
2. Adelaide - Just a nice city with lots of jobs and a bit of soul
3. Melbourne - Huge place where its always happening, you want it, it can be found here all be it a little sprawling
4. Hobart - Small, quaint but very similar to a NZ city people are nicer food is better. Houses are cheaper but you can still get good money.
5. Sydney - Too big and everyone appears to want to kill you, the beaches are overcrowded and its full of nuts. Good job oppurtuniies but the rent is too damn high!
6. Perth - Souless money hungry pit. Every bogun who wanted lots of money and a huge V8 lives here. Six or the eight major buildings are banks and it shows. A night on the town is all about being better than the next person. It fails. Only go here if you have a mining money plan and a trades ticket.

I cant account for Canberra as I've only driven through it and Darwin sounds fkn mad so...

7. Darwin - Too humid all year round, too many dangerous people.
8. Canberra -  Lots of politicians, fireworks are legal.

Reply #1423 Posted: March 03, 2011, 03:25:00 pm

Obble

Quote from: Codex;1365097

In 2015, you wont have to worry about roads, carparks etc. :0

Reply #1424 Posted: March 03, 2011, 04:12:58 pm