Topic: Christchurch Earthquake

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
Ken Ring is a scientist. I am sure he has controlled for all conceivable confounds.

Reply #1600 Posted: March 15, 2011, 09:48:32 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.

Reply #1601 Posted: March 16, 2011, 05:30:22 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Hugo Stiglitz

• Just settled in
  • Hugo Stiglitz has no influence.
http://drquigs.com/index.php
Read section entitled "Earthquakes and the moon: should we worry?"

BTW, long time lurker here(long before I signed up for an account). ;)

Reply #1602 Posted: March 16, 2011, 06:21:58 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Queensland got a mag 4.0 last night and it was headline news they had first hand witness accounts and everything it was really pathetic "my fan was swaying!".
But I guess in Aussie's defense they pretty much never get earthquakes.

Reply #1603 Posted: March 16, 2011, 06:25:19 pm

Offline BeNZene

• Forum Admin
  • BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...
Quote from: Hugo Stiglitz;1369036

Welcome :)

Reply #1604 Posted: March 16, 2011, 08:27:02 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
I was going to make a reasonable analogy about ken ring here, but then I read the thread to the end and now can't remember what the cool thing I had to post was.
You cunts and your OT babble.

Oh yeah.

Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1368632
Regarding his earthquake prediction it IS pseudo-Science and has been debunked over and over, yet the credulous and the golfers love him because he is a clown and reads cats' paws.

Ken Ring is NZ's version of the "Triangle of Life" crackpot.

Reply #1605 Posted: March 16, 2011, 08:39:45 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
  • bitchimom has no influence.

sup

Reply #1606 Posted: March 16, 2011, 10:15:12 pm
bitchimom: dirrrrrty girl racer

earthquake refugee since aaaages ago
http://www.rebuildshakeytown.blogspot.com

Offline nick247

• Addicted
  • nick247 has no influence.

bot, definitely a bot.

How could you stand reading some of these threads and not chime in

Reply #1607 Posted: March 17, 2011, 04:18:45 am

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
He was too busy posting under his other alts.

Reply #1608 Posted: March 17, 2011, 07:08:53 am
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
hahahahah

Reply #1609 Posted: March 17, 2011, 09:18:24 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
15 min EQC assessment done.

Damage is severe, I will be seen again in under 4 months. Thank you for coming.

Reply #1610 Posted: March 17, 2011, 09:31:57 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1369007
An excellent report:

http://www.pmcsa.org.nz/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Information-paper-the-Canterbury-earthquakes.pdf

Yes it is, thanks for posting that

Reply #1611 Posted: March 17, 2011, 09:36:33 am

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.

Reply #1612 Posted: March 17, 2011, 11:41:50 am
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline nick247

• Addicted
  • nick247 has no influence.
Quote from: TofuEater;1369175
He was too busy posting under his other alts.

If you take the name hugo stiglitz and rearrange it, and you are dyslexic, then it spells chillipepper

Reply #1613 Posted: March 17, 2011, 01:58:54 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Quote from: nick247;1369285
If you take the name hugo stiglitz and rearrange it, and you are dyslexic, then it spells chillipepper

I thought the same thing when I saw the smiley at the end...

Reply #1614 Posted: March 17, 2011, 02:05:27 pm

Offline vedds

• Devoted Member
  • vedds has no influence.
Ian Fergusson - great Olympic Kayaker but that doesnt mean he knows shit about predicting earthquakes.

Reply #1615 Posted: March 17, 2011, 07:23:49 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: vedds;1369403
Ian Fergusson - great Olympic Kayaker but that doesnt mean he knows shit about predicting earthquakes.
I am so annoyed at Ken Ring. Now I know that there is going to be a full moon on Sunday, the only day I work. All the crazies come out on a full moon. All of them.

It is like a crazy people version of Dunedins Hyde Street party.

Reply #1616 Posted: March 17, 2011, 09:58:30 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
So I heard today that he 'cancelled' his prediction for Sunday.

Fucking lol.

Reply #1617 Posted: March 17, 2011, 10:23:28 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
weak

Reply #1618 Posted: March 17, 2011, 10:29:50 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline trololololo

• Just settled in
  • trololololo barely matters.trololololo barely matters.
I went to the funeral of one of the people lost in the ctv building today, she was the partner of my best mate from primary school whom is still one of my best mates 30 years later.

Reply #1619 Posted: March 17, 2011, 10:47:48 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Sucks man :(
My workmate when to one of those yesterday. The CTV boss man is a bit of a trooper. Going to all the funerals in a row like that... shit that much be epic saddening. He must be dealing some pretty hardcore survivors guilt :<

Reply #1620 Posted: March 17, 2011, 11:09:14 pm

Codex

Quote from: Tiwaking!;1369478
I am so annoyed at Ken Ring. Now I know that there is going to be a full moon on Sunday, the only day I work. All the crazies come out on a full moon. All of them.

It is like a crazy people version of Dunedins Hyde Street party.

This is true, when there's a full moon we get angry/unstable callers at work. Guaranteed.

Reply #1621 Posted: March 18, 2011, 02:19:55 pm

Offline Hugo Stiglitz

• Just settled in
  • Hugo Stiglitz has no influence.
Haha, looks like I'm popular. :eek:
Quote from: vedds;1369403
Ian Fergusson - great Olympic Kayaker but that doesnt mean he knows $#@! about predicting earthquakes.

Ken Ring - Good at....... nothing, knows even less about predicting earthquakes.

Reply #1622 Posted: March 19, 2011, 04:09:06 pm

Offline trololololo

• Just settled in
  • trololololo barely matters.trololololo barely matters.
Quote from: Pyromanik;1369502
Sucks man :(
My workmate when to one of those yesterday. The CTV boss man is a bit of a trooper. Going to all the funerals in a row like that... shit that much be epic saddening. He must be dealing some pretty hardcore survivors guilt :<

Thanks, Gillian worked at the english school though not CTV.  The CTV boss must be emotionally drained.

Reply #1623 Posted: March 19, 2011, 06:46:14 pm

Offline AvatarFACE

• Devoted Member
  • AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.
Decent one just then.

Reply #1624 Posted: March 20, 2011, 09:48:51 pm
Wallpaper thread (It was good when it was updated)