Topic: Christchurch Earthquake

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
Quote from: Growler;1371663
They should just put some ramps up, 100km/h speed limit. Lets Duks of Hazard Christchurch streets.

Hmmmm, doesn't seem quite right?

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/8969/1969drakecharger.jpg
Christchurch Earthquake

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Reply #1675 Posted: March 25, 2011, 03:30:44 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Yeh, I too thought the list was pretty much pure speculation. Most things on it are widely known, and others are a bit here and there. I guess I posted it more as a discussion point than anything else.

Jonty: It does say harvey norman CBD... I thought there might have been 2. I do wonder what your building USED to be, before there was a harvey norman.

Reply #1676 Posted: March 25, 2011, 07:31:56 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
  • bitchimom has no influence.
I think it was a woolstore... or something industrial/vaguely agricultural like that

Reply #1677 Posted: March 25, 2011, 07:42:54 pm
bitchimom: dirrrrrty girl racer

earthquake refugee since aaaages ago
http://www.rebuildshakeytown.blogspot.com

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
theres a harvey norman city, which is our building, and one out in northwood

it used to be a railways building iirc, maybe a woolstore

Reply #1678 Posted: March 25, 2011, 08:00:49 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
I work for the company that owns the stadium so we have some of the core city engineers working with us. The generally agreed figure is that 70%  of the CBD will come down

Reply #1679 Posted: March 25, 2011, 08:22:32 pm

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Parking is gonna be easy in the future ;)

Reply #1680 Posted: March 25, 2011, 10:58:46 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Plasma

• Addicted
  • Plasma is working their way up.Plasma is working their way up.Plasma is working their way up.
Quote from: Growler;1371852
Parking is gonna be easy in the future ;)

Needs to be, town was dieing long before the first EQ when there is a mall in about 10-15min drive from every suburb with plenty of free parking and all the stores 5mins walk away. Once I stopped working in town I tried to avoid it, unless I was going out on the piss.

Quote from: camy205;1371624
Anyone else getting sick of being asked to donate money?

Yeah, I have decided to donate to the other causes as they will be missing out a lot this year.

Reply #1681 Posted: March 25, 2011, 11:30:41 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Dr Woomanchu;1371826
I work for the company that owns the stadium so we have some of the core city engineers working with us. The generally agreed figure is that 70%  of the CBD will come down

We're doing the design work for "Demolition HQ", and can say that for sure.

Reply #1682 Posted: March 25, 2011, 11:40:21 pm

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
Quote from: bitchimom;1371622
err the CTV & the PGC buildings won't take much to bring down...
It was a memo from God. He's got those two and he's working on the rest..............

Reply #1683 Posted: March 26, 2011, 06:49:45 am
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline TofuEater

Quote from: Dr Woomanchu;1371623
Where's the Fitzgerald Street Overpass?
The only thing that i can think of is around the Avon - by Crighton Cobbers Boys Club (if that still exists).

Reply #1684 Posted: March 26, 2011, 06:52:22 am
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: TofuEater;1371893
The only thing that i can think of is around the Avon - by Crighton Cobbers Boys Club (if that still exists).

That photo of the weed growing out of the roof, that was from there. And that bridge is also fine(ish) traffic is going over it fine.

Reply #1685 Posted: March 26, 2011, 07:41:44 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Clin

• Addicted
  • Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: camy205;1371624
Anyone else getting sick of being asked to donate money?

Occasionally, yes. EVERYONE seems to be doing a drive for Christchurch. I haven't had change in my pocket since it happened.

If I start to get annoyed I remind myself that having no power, money, food, job and possibly losing a parent/child/partner/friend would be slightly more irksome.

Reply #1686 Posted: March 26, 2011, 07:52:29 am

lol @ console hate

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!

I was being a littlke sarcastic at the email. It almost certainly referrred to the Moorehouse/Colombo overpass by Harvey Normans

Reply #1687 Posted: March 26, 2011, 09:26:32 am

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline Pyromanik

Quote from: Dr Woomanchu;1371912
I was being a littlke sarcastic at the email. It almost certainly referrred to the Moorehouse/Colombo overpass by Harvey Normans

mmm. The only overbridge we have close to the CBD.
The only others I can think of at all are on the southern motorway or main south road.

Reply #1688 Posted: March 26, 2011, 09:47:15 am

Offline Growler

Waltham road, Usable
Moorhouse Ave, appears to be repaired and going through testing.
Colombo St, unknown
Durham St, fully operable since event.

So the only one that's a maybe is the Colombo rail overpass, unkown if it is closed due to damage of bridge or because other side buildings in Old Sydenham are KABLAMMO!

Reply #1689 Posted: March 26, 2011, 10:23:36 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline nick247

• Addicted
  • nick247 has no influence.
Quote from: Daddy Clin;1371898
Occasionally, yes. EVERYONE seems to be doing a drive for Christchurch. I haven't had change in my pocket since it happened.

If I start to get annoyed I remind myself that having no power, money, food, job and possibly losing a parent/child/partner/friend would be slightly more irksome.

My Christchurch relief effort is tonight. The Kiwis of Korea will be doing their part to help out.

Reply #1690 Posted: March 26, 2011, 11:16:51 am

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
Colombo & Peterborough

Reply #1691 Posted: March 26, 2011, 05:27:35 pm

Offline 5loth

• Addicted
  • 5loth has no influence.
I guess they are going to have to re-do all the roads in the CBD area also? Not that its as much of a big deal as re-building all the buildings.

Reply #1692 Posted: March 26, 2011, 05:29:11 pm
sila.

Offline 5loth

• Addicted
  • 5loth has no influence.

Reply #1693 Posted: March 26, 2011, 05:43:27 pm
sila.

Offline Pyromanik

Fucked if I know. If the GF didn't look up geonet this morning I never would have known.

Reply #1694 Posted: March 26, 2011, 06:31:28 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
anything makes headlines these days

pretty sure they did that the other day as well, for a 3.4 (which, as we all know, is absolutely nothing)

Reply #1695 Posted: March 26, 2011, 06:37:37 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Pyromanik

BUT IT IS SCARY AND YOU SHOULD FEEL PITY FOR THOSE WORSE OFF THAN YOU. I LIVE IN AUCKLAND AND AM OUTRAGED AT YOUR ATTITUDE.

Reply #1696 Posted: March 26, 2011, 06:46:15 pm

Offline Kopfjaeger

• Addicted
  • Kopfjaeger has no influence.
drove in NW South City today for the first time since the shake...crazy to see it so quiet on a Sat afternoon.  got stuck in traffic right next to the Moorehouse overpass and a couple of those struts have some nasty cracks but they have it supported with a tower of concrete blocks.  so many people talking about the stress, its like some kind of invisible coat you can't take off

Reply #1697 Posted: March 26, 2011, 08:42:38 pm

Offline TofuEater

You know you're from Christchurch when......

You put dirty clothes on the line to wash them in the rain

When you have to fight the cat or dog for a place to crap in the garden

When a group of students turn up at your place and leave it in a better condition then when they arrived

Half the children come from broken homes

Your friends and family want you to move back to Invercargill and it sounds like a good idea

When your 3 year old can say "liquefaction" clear as a bell but can't tell you their home address

When you drive on the right side of the road and no one thinks it's wrong

You are happy two Policemen came for a visit

When your bike becomes your best friend

It is normal for a soldier to be stationed at the end of your street

You see armoured vehicles driving down the road

You smell

Every house is a crack house

If you are looking for it - it's on the floor

The earth moves and you are not having sex

You take a plastic bag when you go for a walk even if you don't have a dog

If your car is clean - you have been out or are from out of town

Its ok to yawn in public

You share schools with the school from across town

Its ok to wear a different uniform to a new school

Your kids have stopped asking for a sandpit

A bucket of s**t is no longer that old car you drive

On SingStar sessions with your neighbours you rehash the Rolling Stones (I can't get no liquefaction)

Geonet is saved as your homepage

Going to Wellington to escape earthquakes makes sense

You sleep in one suburb, shower in another, get water in another and go to the toilet wherever you can

A hot shower feels like you've won Lotto

Face masks and gumboots are regular daywear

A game of Jenga only lasts two minutes

Having 50 students congregating in your street doesn't make you call the cops

When you talk to people in Wellington about how big "it'' was you are not being suggestive

Dressing up to head into town involves putting on a hard hat, high visibility vest and steel-capped boots

When everyone around you freezes when a truck goes past

The notion of doing University classes in a tent suddenly doesn't seem outrageous

You ring the Bus Info line and the guy who answers is working from his lounge

You know who the Moon Man is

Reply #1698 Posted: March 26, 2011, 09:14:32 pm

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
  • bitchimom has no influence.
Crighton Cobbers Boys Club (if that still exists).

it's a bit munted

Reply #1699 Posted: March 26, 2011, 10:22:16 pm
bitchimom: dirrrrrty girl racer

earthquake refugee since aaaages ago
http://www.rebuildshakeytown.blogspot.com