Topic: Christchurch Earthquake

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
You post a series of earthquake related jokes in a Christchurch thread.

Reply #1700 Posted: March 26, 2011, 10:45:13 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
Well, well, well........http://www.nzherald.co.nz/opinion/news/article.cfm?c_id=466&objectid=10715245

Well, the months turned into years and over this time I became totally awestruck over the accuracy of Ken Ring's predictions. This page of Ken's in the magazine became my fishing bible. His predictions were rarely wrong and if they ever were there was usually a sign of nature to explain why, like a storm.

Reply #1701 Posted: March 27, 2011, 09:51:48 am
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: 5loth;1372004
And how does this make news headlines?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/christchurch-earthquake/4813221/Another-aftershock-rocks-Christchurch

Well fuck, it's better than the other doggerel they print, like Heston going for a run, or no need for the Warriors to panic. At least it's real and pertinent,not bullshit celebrity/sports 'information' to keep us sidetracked.

Oh, and fishermen fuck me off as well, as bad as hunters. Yeah, let'scause ecosystem collapse but do nothing about it but fiddle while Rome burns.

Meat-eating cunts. Selfish bacon-loving arseholes. You will feel the wrath and it will hit you like a tonne of bricks...oh wai...

I love hangovers, arsehole
Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 10:46:16 am by Ngati_Grim

Reply #1702 Posted: March 27, 2011, 10:42:43 am
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
^^ Missing your sunny disposition mate ;)

Reply #1703 Posted: March 27, 2011, 10:49:06 am

Offline 5loth

• Addicted
  • 5loth has no influence.
Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1372080
Well $#@!, it's better than the other doggerel they print, like Heston going for a run, or no need for the Warriors to panic. At least it's real and pertinent,not bull$#@! celebrity/sports 'information' to keep us sidetracked.

I believe nothing good comes from exaggerating the impact of our aftershocks. We need to increase confidence so people can move on with their lives, not continue shoving fear in their face.

Reply #1704 Posted: March 27, 2011, 10:54:33 am
sila.

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: SteddieEddie;1372081
^^ Missing your sunny disposition mate ;)

heh :)

Sloth, we could put our heads in the sand ,but that doesn't change the fact that we're getting these earthquakes. Confidence comes through knowledge and the easing of worry, not from Ken's Ring.

Reply #1705 Posted: March 27, 2011, 11:03:46 am

Offline 5loth

• Addicted
  • 5loth has no influence.
I wouldn't think the easing of worry comes from continued exaggerations of our situation.

Its got nothing to do with putting our heads in the sand, we're all here, we feel them, we know they're not even worth getting out of bed for, but with articles like that the overall impression makes it worse than it is, and does nothing to ease peoples minds long-term. People might be put off coming back to Chch for example, due to thinking the ongoing aftershocks are much worse than they really are.

Reply #1706 Posted: March 27, 2011, 11:17:03 am
sila.

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: TofuEater;1372076
Well, well, well........http://www.nzherald.co.nz/opinion/news/article.cfm?c_id=466&objectid=10715245

I like how they contradict themselves in once sentence. Fantastic. Ken Ring: they guy that predicts fish and weather. Except when he's wrong and there's no fish because of a storm.

The moon effecting feeding times seems like the sun effecting our sleeping patterns.

Reply #1707 Posted: March 27, 2011, 12:28:59 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline nick247

• Addicted
  • nick247 has no influence.
Rasied over 12 thousand dollars for you Christchurch bastards last night ;)

better appreciate it ;)

Reply #1708 Posted: March 27, 2011, 03:06:33 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
good shit dude _b

Reply #1709 Posted: March 27, 2011, 03:18:22 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Pyromanik;1372110
the sun effecting our sleeping patterns.

YA WHAT????

mind = blown

Reply #1710 Posted: March 27, 2011, 03:19:31 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1372080
Well fuck, it's better than the other doggerel they print, like Heston going for a run, or no need for the Warriors to panic. At least it's real and pertinent,not bullshit celebrity/sports 'information' to keep us sidetracked.

Oh, and fishermen fuck me off as well, as bad as hunters. Yeah, let'scause ecosystem collapse but do nothing about it but fiddle while Rome burns.

Meat-eating cunts. Selfish bacon-loving arseholes. You will feel the wrath and it will hit you like a tonne of bricks...oh wai...

I love hangovers, arsehole

Don't be such a tool.

You of all people should know full well that, hunting in NZ completely comprises of fauna which are introduced and pestilent - and therefore is ultimately to the benefit of natural eco-systems.

And don't try and get on the moral high-ground about eating meat, because plants have feelings to you vegetarian monster! You don't give a fuck about the lettuce or the barley or the hops' or the yeast you kill, how dare you try and be high-and-mighty about some of us feasting upon the Deer and Boar that fuck up our native flora and fauna.

As for fishing, large-scale commercial operations are the primary and most significant cause of overfishing. Private catchment could be completely sustainable if only we had the regulation and willingness to be so. Any fisherman worth his salt is pro-sustainability, because it's essential for his welfare init.

And, I still worked 12 hours today despite a hangover and 5 hours sleep, arsehole.

Reply #1711 Posted: March 27, 2011, 04:54:56 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
Quote from: 5loth;1372091
I wouldn't think the easing of worry comes from continued exaggerations of our situation.

Are they exaggerations when they are actual reports? It's good to be aware, not put heads in the sands of ignorance and fear mongering. See,,,,actual reports aren't fear-mongering,just reports...it's people's ignorance which make them 'fear-mongering'..., so how can we " Deny Ignorance"? By NOT reporting quakes,or by making the public aware of the dynamics involved?

Reply #1712 Posted: March 28, 2011, 08:40:22 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
Quote from: Hori88;1372139
Don't be such a tool.

You of all people should know full well that, hunting in NZ completely comprises of fauna which are introduced and pestilent - and therefore is ultimately to the benefit of natural eco-systems.

And don't try and get on the moral high-ground about eating meat, because plants have feelings to you vegetarian monster! You don't give a fuck about the lettuce or the barley or the hops' or the yeast you kill, how dare you try and be high-and-mighty about some of us feasting upon the Deer and Boar that fuck up our native flora and fauna.

As for fishing, large-scale commercial operations are the primary and most significant cause of overfishing. Private catchment could be completely sustainable if only we had the regulation and willingness to be so. Any fisherman worth his salt is pro-sustainability, because it's essential for his welfare init.

And, I still worked 12 hours today despite a hangover and 5 hours sleep, arsehole.

Cool, passion is good, but you, of all people shouldn't get all Kaitiakitanga on me, e hoa.

Reply #1713 Posted: March 28, 2011, 08:43:36 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
Don't oppress me, Bra!

Reply #1714 Posted: March 28, 2011, 09:14:50 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
The problem with being a left wing extremist is that life makes a hypocrite out of you.
Having a beer, smoke, shower or even turning on a light is against your principals, yet you have those basic needs of comfort like the rest of us.
Great you can give up a few things but rant not at me justified by your own sacrifices.

Keep it up though, we need you hippy pricks to keep our hearts in the right place. <3

Reply #1715 Posted: March 28, 2011, 09:21:35 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
Quote from: Emrico1;1372335
The problem with being a left wing extremist is that life makes a hypocrite out of you.
Having a beer, smoke, shower or even turning on a light is against your principals, yet you have those basic needs of comfort like the rest of us.
Great you can give up a few things but rant not at me justified by your own sacrifices.

Keep it up though, we need you hippy pricks to keep our hearts in the right place. <3

It's ALL GOOD.

I know my place and realise my rants and appreciate the fortune of my luxury.

I do, truly, appreciate this place, the acceptance of various and wide personalities, that like it or not I AM emotionally involved with, per extended Family, with ALL its  trappings.

So, Thank You, Good People, for the acceptance and question;

and Cheers.

Chin Chin.

Reply #1716 Posted: March 28, 2011, 10:16:41 pm

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
I was trying to find a clip by not the nine o'clock news of a radish screaming like a pig when it was pulled from the ground, can't find it but I remember it well.

My point is plants to have feelings, trees in Africa "talk" to each other when giraffes are eating them. The other trees secrete a toxin that stops the giraffes from eating them.

Some museums use plants as security, they register when someone enters the room, the plants are wired up to an alarm system.

Many gardeners sing to their plants to encourage growth.

IMHO everything living thing has a life force, but somethings taste better than others.

Reply #1717 Posted: March 28, 2011, 10:34:02 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 10:44:49 pm by Ngati_Grim

Reply #1718 Posted: March 28, 2011, 10:39:36 pm

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
Magic

Reply #1719 Posted: March 28, 2011, 10:42:39 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
The link to it All.

Reply #1720 Posted: March 28, 2011, 10:46:47 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
assessment tomorrow.

Reply #1721 Posted: March 30, 2011, 07:15:08 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
SO tired.
Work is demolishing me.
It's like a soviet russia joke all up in here.

Reply #1722 Posted: March 30, 2011, 11:38:51 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Who_ate_my_rice

• Addicted
  • Who_ate_my_rice has no influence.
jeez man. you workin late pyro.  hope you're getting at least SOME rest

Reply #1723 Posted: March 30, 2011, 11:39:34 pm
( •_•)>⌐

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Chem Trail over Chch this morning.....

DOOOOOM

Reply #1724 Posted: March 31, 2011, 07:54:40 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!