Topic: Christchurch Earthquake

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: bitchimom;1373646
anyone not living thru all this should tread carefully when trying to be funny - especially in this thread.

fully agree

Reply #1750 Posted: April 02, 2011, 10:22:03 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: bitchimom;1373646
Chch humour is very dark these days... and weird... I think that anyone not living thru all this should tread carefully when trying to be funny - especially in this thread.
In cat terms, we're just a bit wee feral and might attack (with claws out) at the slightest provocation.:p

How about a new thread?

Christchurch earthquake jokes.

Only post if they aren't funny.

Reply #1751 Posted: April 02, 2011, 10:49:18 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
hahaha you are such a tool sometimes zarkov. But I loves ya.

Reply #1752 Posted: April 03, 2011, 08:10:42 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Clin

• Addicted
  • Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!
Weirdest moderation style in Feline Forum history.

Just had a 4.4 20km south of my place. Didn't spill my coffee.

30km deep, so probably not HAARP

Reply #1753 Posted: April 03, 2011, 09:01:09 am

lol @ console hate

Offline private_hell

• Addicted
  • private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Growler;1373248
Would you like to come and rebuild my home, having a normal house would help me get over it alot quicker :P

Are you a registered builder, you could do a quote for me.

3 out of 5 nails i bang into wood go in straight - does that count? :)

Reply #1754 Posted: April 03, 2011, 09:29:12 am
"Let him who desires peace prepare for war" - Flavius Vegetius Renatus (375AD) De Rei Militari

Obble

Quote from: private_hell;1373692

The other 2 would get shaken into place. :p

Reply #1755 Posted: April 03, 2011, 09:59:42 am

Offline zolteg

• Devoted Member
  • zolteg has no influence.
Quote from: private_hell;1373692

No way I'm bangin' nails into MY wood.

Reply #1756 Posted: April 03, 2011, 01:32:14 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!

Reply #1757 Posted: April 03, 2011, 04:55:51 pm

Offline trololololo

• Just settled in
  • trololololo barely matters.trololololo barely matters.
signed

Reply #1758 Posted: April 03, 2011, 05:37:08 pm

Offline trololololo

• Just settled in
  • trololololo barely matters.trololololo barely matters.
Quote from: JontyB;1373747
http://www.saveourdux.co.nz/

signed

Reply #1759 Posted: April 03, 2011, 05:38:07 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Not signed yet. I need more information...are the damaged sections on the second floor?  
Is there danger of collapse from another reasonable shake?
Will they lower the price of their (previously overpriced) beer?

Reply #1760 Posted: April 03, 2011, 06:07:24 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline vedds

• Devoted Member
  • vedds has no influence.
Grim raises a good point.

While we've all had great times at the dux and many great memories, and would hate to see it come down it is essential that sentimentality doesn't cause people to die in the future.

Reply #1761 Posted: April 03, 2011, 07:49:35 pm

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
I know Grim thinks that golfers are just a bunch of asshats, but today Peninsula Golf Club held a fund-raising tournament for the Christchurch Earthquake. This event was organised by our club's assistant pro - Brett Allan, who in less than five weeks managed to arrange some heavy duty sponsorship and donations. A field of 184 played today and raised over $30,000 for the Red Cross, which worked out around $200 for each person that played.

Reply #1763 Posted: April 03, 2011, 09:59:52 pm
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline Speakman

nice one dude _b

Reply #1764 Posted: April 03, 2011, 10:05:02 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
That's  great news Tofu...and for the record, my opinion only extends to ones in green trousers. :P

Reply #1765 Posted: April 04, 2011, 07:30:22 am

Codex

Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1373761
Not signed yet. I need more information...are the damaged sections on the second floor?  
Is there danger of collapse from another reasonable shake?
Will they lower the price of their (previously overpriced) beer?

Exactly what I was thinking _b

Reply #1766 Posted: April 04, 2011, 12:52:39 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted

Reply #1767 Posted: April 04, 2011, 06:33:03 pm

Offline Kopfjaeger

• Addicted
  • Kopfjaeger has no influence.
Quote from: vedds;1373780
Grim raises a good point.

While we've all had great times at the dux... it is essential that sentimentality doesn't cause people to die in the future.

Agreed.

Chatting to one of my customers on Sunday and got to see some video from inside PNS Moorehouses walk-in chiller, like a B train just tipped its entire load across the floor.  No one was in it at the time.

Reply #1768 Posted: April 04, 2011, 07:36:10 pm

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1373961
http://www.change.org/petitions/tell-new-zealands-government-christchurch-rebuild-must-lead-the-world-in-sustainability-2#?opt_new=t&opt_fb=t

I truly hope they do rebuild in a world leading sustainable way. They have the opportunity, do they have the vision?

Reply #1769 Posted: April 04, 2011, 09:52:33 pm

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1373837
That's great news Tofu...and for the record, my opinion only extends to ones in green trousers. :P
They had some Loudmouth's as part of the fundraising - i took the lot. So now i'm a proud owner of:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4889[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]4890[/ATTACH] and [ATTACH=CONFIG]4891[/ATTACH]

No more green for a while. :P

Reply #1770 Posted: April 05, 2011, 07:29:45 am
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Proud? ;)

Reply #1771 Posted: April 05, 2011, 07:51:58 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
more like LOUD

Reply #1772 Posted: April 05, 2011, 08:05:14 am

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline Spigalau

• Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.
Quote from: TofuEater;1374072
They had some Loudmouth's as part of the fundraising - i took the lot. So now i'm a proud owner of:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4889[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]4890[/ATTACH] and [ATTACH=CONFIG]4891[/ATTACH]

60's Curtains, 80's Curtains & 50's Table Cloth ?

Reply #1773 Posted: April 05, 2011, 08:06:55 am
49 20 63 61 6e 20 72 65 6d 65 6d 62 65 72 20 77 68 65 6e 20 74 68 65 20 61 69 72 20 77 61 73 20 63 6c 65 61 6e 20 61 6e 64 20 73 65 78 20 77 61 73 20 64 69 72 74 79 2e

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
Quote from: TofuEater;1374072

Those are awesome! Maybe I should take up golf!
I've got a set of left-handed clubs and carry-bag thingy, plenty of sand bunkers round here!

Reply #1774 Posted: April 05, 2011, 12:23:49 pm