Topic: Christchurch Earthquake

Offline Clin

• Addicted
  • Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Spigalau;1374078
60's Curtains, 80's Curtains & 50's Table Cloth ?

What were you smoking in the 80's? Smack? Bloody hell, good memory... Guess I had 70's and 80's mixed up, which is strange, because I'm only 30.

Love those pants tofu. So me.
Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 02:42:30 pm by Daddy Clin

Reply #1776 Posted: April 05, 2011, 02:40:12 pm

lol @ console hate

Offline Spigalau

• Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.
^ Have been watching Ashes to Ashes Series III this week, so am very 80's enabled.

Reply #1777 Posted: April 05, 2011, 03:02:40 pm
49 20 63 61 6e 20 72 65 6d 65 6d 62 65 72 20 77 68 65 6e 20 74 68 65 20 61 69 72 20 77 61 73 20 63 6c 65 61 6e 20 61 6e 64 20 73 65 78 20 77 61 73 20 64 69 72 74 79 2e

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Growler;1373351
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/christchurch-earthquake/4835829/New-Christchurch-earthquake-audio-revealed

Heh. I was directly across the road.
The lucky part of town.

Quote from: Growler;1373248
Would you like to come and rebuild my home, having a normal house would help me get over it alot quicker :P

Are you a registered builder, you could do a quote for me.

Just post a picture on builderscrack.co.nz.
I'm sure any work quoted will be of absolute top knotch standard...

Quote from: Codex;1374161
http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/extraordinary-chch-quake-video-shows-24-seconds-horror-4097579/video

Is that you right at the end Growler taking pictures out your car window? lol
Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 07:34:49 pm by Pyromanik

Reply #1778 Posted: April 05, 2011, 07:09:11 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
Quote from: Spigalau;1374177
^ Have been watching Ashes to Ashes Series III this week, so am very 80's enabled.
The ending was brilliant.

Reply #1779 Posted: April 05, 2011, 08:30:42 pm
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
  • bitchimom has no influence.
hehehe nice...

Reply #1780 Posted: April 06, 2011, 06:34:56 pm
bitchimom: dirrrrrty girl racer

earthquake refugee since aaaages ago
http://www.rebuildshakeytown.blogspot.com

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
very cool video!

Reply #1781 Posted: April 06, 2011, 06:43:04 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
i love how there was a midget with wheels

Reply #1782 Posted: April 06, 2011, 06:44:08 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline trololololo

• Just settled in
  • trololololo barely matters.trololololo barely matters.
excellent video, skating has been a good and quick way to get around

Reply #1783 Posted: April 06, 2011, 06:58:36 pm

Offline Catalyst

• Addicted
  • Catalyst barely matters.Catalyst barely matters.
i liked the part where he fell off

Reply #1784 Posted: April 06, 2011, 07:44:52 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Catalyst;1374551
i liked the part where he fell off

This I like too.

Reply #1785 Posted: April 06, 2011, 07:46:20 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Quote from: JontyB;1374530
i love how there was a midget with wheels

Yea, these guys seem like true skating pros, I mean including a midget, that is how you do it!

Reply #1786 Posted: April 06, 2011, 07:47:30 pm

Offline zolteg

• Devoted Member
  • zolteg has no influence.
I thought the 'across the bonnet' at about 1:40 was a bit off.  Only wankers skate on peoples cars.

Reply #1787 Posted: April 07, 2011, 12:28:54 pm

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
Quote from: zolteg;1374692
I thought the 'across the bonnet' at about 1:40 was a bit off.  Only wankers skate on peoples cars.

True, also, was disappointed that that guy that fell off didn't go hurtling down that "crevasse".

Reply #1788 Posted: April 07, 2011, 12:42:19 pm

Offline deanox

• Just settled in
  • deanox has no influence.
The car could be fuked?? I was impressed, well edited vid.

Reply #1789 Posted: April 07, 2011, 08:19:24 pm

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
Even if it is, it's still someone else's property.

I recall driving along one of Hamiltrons main roads, 2 skateboarders were trying to show off, skating out in front of cars and generally annoying drivers.

They cross in front of us and when they get to the kerb one of them gets it wrong and falls off, shooting his skateboard back out into the line of traffic and under the front left wheel of my mates Surf.

*CRACK*

No more skateboard!

Ahhhhh, how we lol'd.
Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 09:13:53 pm by Pitchey

Reply #1790 Posted: April 07, 2011, 09:09:34 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
That's how Pitchey rolls.
Like a boss.

Fuck yo skateboard, wiggah.
I'm Pitchey.
Winning.

Reply #1791 Posted: April 09, 2011, 11:27:42 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Lose that sheen bro, the glare is frightening!

Reply #1792 Posted: April 10, 2011, 08:22:58 am
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Pyromanik

I was thinking more Rick James as by Dave Chapelle.

Reply #1793 Posted: April 12, 2011, 01:26:14 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
So my mum and dad had heir full evaluation done. They are on Madras St, 10yo home on a concrete pad tahts been twisted etc etc etc.

Their plans..... lol

• Remove roof
  • Remove exterior cladding (plaster over brick)
  • Take house off site
  • Redo all foundations, services etc etc etc
  • Bring house back and sit on foundations
  • Re clad exterior.
  • Totally reline interior
  • New roof.

Sounds like a EASY AS BRO job to me, logic says rebuild new.... but who knows what they are doing.

Reply #1794 Posted: April 12, 2011, 03:16:18 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Codex

Lol wow are you serious? And that will work out to be cheaper than rebuilding?

Reply #1795 Posted: April 12, 2011, 05:49:33 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
That is rebuilding.

Reply #1796 Posted: April 12, 2011, 06:09:15 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Zarkov;1375759
That is rebuilding.

my thoughts exactly. so they may as well do it properly

Reply #1797 Posted: April 12, 2011, 06:11:48 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Codex;1375753
Lol wow are you serious? And that will work out to be cheaper than rebuilding?
That is ridiculous! For Systems Analysis And Design planned and designed a house to be built in three days.

Have the gantt chart to prove it.

Reply #1798 Posted: April 12, 2011, 06:36:07 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Growler

Nah, that's not the final decision, but the people have to detail how it would be fixed if they did fix it.

Reply #1799 Posted: April 12, 2011, 07:10:25 pm
Think of me like Yoda,