Topic: Christchurch Earthquake

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
  • bitchimom has no influence.
all depends on whether the cost of the repairs are more than the value of the house... if the house is worth a reasonable amount then there's a lot more that can/will be repaired before the cost-benefit swings towards demolition.

was easy when looking at our house... it's old and not worth a hell of a lot so major repairs quickly become uneconomic... I mean, they didn't even bother doing the full costing procedure 'cos it wasn't worth the time & effort when it was so clearly a demo job. Pity we haven't made any progress since then!!!!

Reply #1800 Posted: April 13, 2011, 04:37:24 pm
bitchimom: dirrrrrty girl racer

earthquake refugee since aaaages ago
http://www.rebuildshakeytown.blogspot.com

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
I used to live on Madras St.

Reply #1801 Posted: April 13, 2011, 07:24:55 pm
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
Students making the news... literally! Every year, Metro News provides an outlet for some of the work done by 2nd year journalist & tv production students at the NZ Broadcasting School. Normally broadcast on CTV, this year (for obvious reasons!) they have an online outlet... check 'em out here

[video=vimeo;22264134]http://vimeo.com/22264134[/video]
^^ I almost went to that party :)

Reply #1802 Posted: April 13, 2011, 07:39:34 pm

Offline nick247

• Addicted
  • nick247 has no influence.
We just auctioned off this "Two business class tickets to New York by Emirates, Two nights at W Hotel Boston, NFL, NHL and NBA tickets at Reebok’s VIP box"
for around 26000NZD

AND

"Fevornova“  Official 2002 Gold plated Football by Adidas" for around 45000NZD

That is going to you guys in CHCH. Enjoy.

Also I didnt win the raffle and i am gutted.  (but did get to talk to sean fitzpatrick)

Reply #1803 Posted: April 14, 2011, 05:09:21 am

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
nice work Nick, cheers :D

We had our second visit from Arrow today.. hopefully we're moving forwards again (which would make a nice change!)
Ever since Sept it's been about when, not if, it's coming down. With any luck we'll get a demo date sometime soon.

demo party tba :cool:

Reply #1804 Posted: April 14, 2011, 05:18:59 pm

Offline Cripple

• Just settled in
  • Cripple has no influence.
Does anyone have the link for that high res flyover of Christchurch? The Google Earth style one you could view or buy/download but with much higher resolution.
Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 11:58:13 am by Cripple

Reply #1805 Posted: April 16, 2011, 11:55:48 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Woke up this morning.
Was all "must be quake day".
What just fucking happened?

I played quake though a fair decent quake.

I'm like the moonman, only so so much better.

Reply #1806 Posted: April 16, 2011, 05:56:44 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
lol

Me 'n Woohoo were both working at ASB Arena today for The Wiggles concert... I'm just really glad the quake didn't happen 30 mins earlier, when thousands of adults & young kids were crammed into the concourse buying merchandise before going home... or 60 mins prior when they were all sitting watching the show.

My radar's a bit off tho, didn't think it was that big at the time. Then the texts start coming in - you ok, we've lost power etc - oh well, being blase about aftershocks makes it easier to calm other people down :o

Reply #1807 Posted: April 16, 2011, 11:34:52 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
^ yeah, I felt the same way!

I think it was more to do with the motion. Although I realised it was quite big, I didn't think it was that serious. I came to the conclusion that it was rather 'rolly', and much less violent than the usual joltier tremor.

Reply #1808 Posted: April 16, 2011, 11:46:13 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline bucket

• Addicted
  • bucket has no influence.
Quote from: bitchimom;1376895
lol

Me 'n Woohoo were both working at ASB Arena today for The Wiggles concert... I'm just really glad the quake didn't happen 30 mins earlier, when thousands of adults & young kids were crammed into the concourse buying merchandise before going home... or 60 mins prior when they were all sitting watching the show.

My radar's a bit off tho, didn't think it was that big at the time. Then the texts start coming in - you ok, we've lost power etc - oh well, being blase about aftershocks makes it easier to calm other people down :o

nice meeting you again, it would of been crazy if it happend while the concert was on!
I was on one news and so was my boy..
i was holding the banner with one of my twins and my mate dan had my other twin, then 35sec is my boy with the BIG grin
http://tvnz.co.nz//entertainment-news/wiggles-jump-christchurch-4125975/video?ref=facebook
Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 07:58:39 pm by bucket

Reply #1809 Posted: April 17, 2011, 07:46:54 pm

Offline AvatarFACE

• Devoted Member
  • AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.
cute kid, looks like he has a great time.

Reply #1810 Posted: April 17, 2011, 09:17:46 pm
Wallpaper thread (It was good when it was updated)

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
Quote from: bitchimom;1376895
lol

Me 'n Woohoo were both working at ASB Arena today for The Wiggles concert...
I thought there was still non-molestation and trespass orders that stopped him from being near young kids?

Reply #1811 Posted: April 17, 2011, 09:25:47 pm
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
Quote from: bucket;1377037
nice meeting you again, it would of been crazy if it happend while the concert was on!
i was holding the banner with one of my twins and my mate dan had my other twin, then 35sec is my boy with the BIG grin
http://tvnz.co.nz//entertainment-news/wiggles-jump-christchurch-4125975/video?ref=facebook

Nice seats

Reply #1812 Posted: April 18, 2011, 06:10:40 am

Offline bucket

• Addicted
  • bucket has no influence.
Quote from: SteddieEddie;1377103
Nice seats

Thanks Visa

Reply #1813 Posted: April 18, 2011, 07:46:37 am

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
Quote from: bucket;1377037

Glad you ID'd yourself, 'cos I woulda had no clue - outta context and all that :o
All the kids looked like they had an awesome time... well apart from the few that were taken out screaming and crying early by their frustrated parents :p

Reply #1814 Posted: April 19, 2011, 03:25:16 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
My boy had a blast, fucking loved it!

Reply #1815 Posted: April 19, 2011, 04:35:29 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Just got my comp back running post Fe EQ.
Spoiler :

Reply #1816 Posted: April 22, 2011, 10:45:45 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Looks like Christchurch.

Reply #1817 Posted: April 23, 2011, 08:04:13 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Zarkov;1378191
Looks like Christchurch.

Didn't someone make it clear to quit the ridiculous jokes?

Reply #1818 Posted: April 23, 2011, 01:33:04 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
Joke away tbh, laugh or cry.

Reply #1819 Posted: April 23, 2011, 01:41:42 pm

Offline Growler

Yah, water off a cats back now.

Things can't really get any more fucked than they are right now, so I am beyond caring ;)

Reply #1820 Posted: April 23, 2011, 01:48:58 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
hehe cat was right tho... it does look a bit munted!

u coming round G? We got no kids at home right now... peaceful times :cool:

Reply #1821 Posted: April 23, 2011, 02:08:12 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
I thought Zarkov's joke was a real crack up..

---

You guys said it's fine to joke now. :(

Reply #1822 Posted: April 23, 2011, 02:20:43 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
I personally didn't find Zarkov's joke very groundbreaking.

Reply #1823 Posted: April 23, 2011, 02:38:54 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
I thought it was shit.

Reply #1824 Posted: April 23, 2011, 02:39:24 pm