Topic: Christchurch Earthquake

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]6371[/ATTACH]

Reply #2225 Posted: October 20, 2011, 11:12:21 am
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
^haha too true!

If you would prefer, there are live streams: http://canterbury-hearings.royalcommission.govt.nz/live-stream

Reply #2226 Posted: October 20, 2011, 11:29:59 am
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
My insurance premium has gone up 50% and once they make the eqc premium $200 it will have doubled.

That eqc premium should be on the rates not insurance then everybody pays

Reply #2227 Posted: October 20, 2011, 01:12:27 pm

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
Only insured people get EQC compensation though?

Reply #2228 Posted: October 20, 2011, 01:26:33 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
Didn't the government pay out some to the uninsured?

Reply #2229 Posted: October 20, 2011, 01:31:12 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Nup.

They bought land off people who got fucked in the (residential) red zone, but that's an entirely different thing.

Reply #2230 Posted: October 20, 2011, 07:11:52 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Redzone tours start in a few weeks..... gold coin donation, tour is in bus, no one allowed to leave bus.

I didn't tell you......

Reply #2231 Posted: October 21, 2011, 05:02:40 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Codex

Can see quite a bit of the red zone from work (have been accredited to go into our building in town)

Chancellor looks horrendous from close to it :/

Reply #2232 Posted: October 21, 2011, 06:12:41 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
not sure I want to watch this

Reply #2233 Posted: October 26, 2011, 10:21:21 pm

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Dr Woomanchu;1440712
not sure I want to watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIlxoV6uG3Q

Huh. To Cinemas.

Reply #2234 Posted: October 26, 2011, 10:42:23 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
This video is not about the Earthquake. I was going through my documentaries and found it.
The video is about Parkour in Christchurch and the background is Cathedral Square. It is quite sad now.

Reply #2235 Posted: October 30, 2011, 12:31:02 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Tiwaking.

He has archives.

Reply #2236 Posted: October 30, 2011, 01:19:19 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Zarkov;1442659
Tiwaking.

He has archives.

Reply #2237 Posted: October 30, 2011, 03:32:17 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Yay.... now I am green/blue! Starting to wish I was fucking red!

Going to be so easy to fix & repile my old girl now. /sarcasam

http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=3wlysu2m.ahi.png
Christchurch Earthquake

•         Technical Category 3 (TC3, blue): Moderate to significant land damage from liquefaction is          possible in future significant earthquakes.  Site-specific geotechnical investigation and specific          engineering foundation design is required.
    •                 There is no one-size-fits-all solution for homes in Technical Category 3 (TC3) that require repairs                  to foundations or need to be rebuilt. Foundations designed for homes in TC3 will be site specific                  and may involve deep foundation piles
    •                 Site-specific geotechnical investigation will identify the best foundation design for your property                  to reduce the risk of injury to people and damage to your property in future earthquakes

Reply #2238 Posted: October 31, 2011, 08:59:27 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Dog poo + brown paper bag + fire + Growlers doorstep = win?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Reply #2239 Posted: October 31, 2011, 11:16:15 am
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Growler

there are like 7 people living on my street, just come and steal shit from their houses!

Squatters fucking paradise round me

Reply #2240 Posted: October 31, 2011, 12:08:19 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Growler;1442919
Yay.... now I am green/blue! Starting to wish I was fucking red!

Going to be so easy to fix & repile my old girl now. /sarcasam

http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=3wlysu2m.ahi.png
Christchurch Earthquake

What does insurance company think of that idea?

Reply #2241 Posted: October 31, 2011, 03:50:11 pm

Offline Growler

no one thinks anything..... I am in a constant circle of NOTHING..... I'll be 40 before my house is fixed or replaced I think.

The red zone at the end of my street is just a little bit fucked, and by a little I mean A LOT FUCKED!

Reply #2242 Posted: October 31, 2011, 04:42:17 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Growler

sigh.....

EQC.... Call Fletchers to see where the scope of works is at.

Fletchers... we have nothing here on your claim for a SoW to be carried out....

EQC....  herpderp we are fucking useless... just wait some more   hhhhhhhhooooooooooooooookaaaaaay...

me....dies a little more

Reply #2243 Posted: November 04, 2011, 12:47:03 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Pyromanik

You'd think that in the age of computers things would be easier to organise.

Apparently they don't use computers.
Or filing cabinets.
Or any kind of organisational system at all.
Or common sense.
Or sense.

Reply #2244 Posted: November 04, 2011, 12:48:57 pm

Offline Growler

>.<

I had to lay and official complaint with them...... wait and see what happens from here.

Reply #2245 Posted: November 04, 2011, 02:26:25 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
Fuck . And now EQC, after telling us for 12 months that we were due a contents pay out, and that it woudl be anything up to 16K, have now decided ( we only know through the media) that they're not sure if they will.  So we've been budgeting on that income for the rebuild for the last year

cunts....

Reply #2246 Posted: November 04, 2011, 06:18:21 pm

Codex

eqc are truly retarded

My work friends cheque was 'in the mail' since June

He finally got it last week, it was dated sent the week before...

Reply #2247 Posted: November 04, 2011, 07:40:16 pm

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
Quote from: Dr Woomanchu;1445378
Fuck . And now EQC, after telling us for 12 months that we were due a contents pay out, and that it woudl be anything up to 16K, have now decided ( we only know through the media) that they're not sure if they will. So we've been budgeting on that income for the rebuild for the last year

cunts....
Hey, that's our fucken tax dollars you're hoovering up, buddy. Be a bit more appreciative, eh?

Reply #2248 Posted: November 04, 2011, 09:02:49 pm
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline Dr Woomanchu

No, that's payout for the Earthquake insurance premiums I have been paying.

We are getting a subsidy for accommodation because of the earthquake, until we can get back on our property, and we are deeply grateful for that. The support is generous, and very appreciated. This issue is entirely separate.

This problem is solely an organisation, who I had a contract with to cover me up to $120 000 + GST in total in case of a natural disaster, deciding to rethink an agreed payout, after 12 months of representations that the payout would be made.

I have no idea which way the finer point of law will decide the payout or not, but to represent that such a payout will be made, for such an extended period of time, only to suspend and possibly change it, is just wrong.

Reply #2249 Posted: November 04, 2011, 09:10:10 pm