Topic: Christchurch Earthquake

Offline buckers13

• I Posted!
  • buckers13 has no influence.
The bigger one was a 6.0 apparently.

Reply #2350 Posted: December 23, 2011, 04:47:36 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

fucking over it, seriously just fuck off already.

Reply #2351 Posted: December 23, 2011, 05:00:51 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Just admit it, you have Transformers under the ground.

Reply #2352 Posted: December 23, 2011, 05:21:53 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
Wifey said it best on failbook

[h=6]Merry  fucking Xmas Shakeytown... I didn't bother wrapping your earthquake  swarm, I figured you'd know what it was anyway. Up yours etc... Love,  the planet.[/h]

Reply #2353 Posted: December 23, 2011, 05:49:41 pm

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
I'm not sure whether to thank CHCH or despise them. On one hand we don't have to put up with those spastic Christmas related news stories, the other we get Christchurch earthquake reports.

hmmmmmmmmmmm

Reply #2354 Posted: December 23, 2011, 05:57:48 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Yay day off first day of a.l an now sitting in office and organising telecommunications generators....

And refuel.runs gonna be a long night....

Reply #2355 Posted: December 23, 2011, 06:49:39 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Suddenly: trolololololol

Reply #2356 Posted: December 23, 2011, 07:36:15 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: RetardoBot;1458853
People in Chch, is it really as bad as the news is pissing on about?

Basically, yes.

Reply #2357 Posted: December 23, 2011, 07:36:46 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
Quote from: Xsannz;1458910
Yay day off first day of a.l an now sitting in office and organising telecommunications generators....

And refuel.runs gonna be a long night....

From all of us here in Christchurch, thanks.

Reply #2358 Posted: December 23, 2011, 07:42:42 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

Bitchimom has written a little poem on her blog

[h=3]Merry Xmas Mr M. [/h]  

T’was just before Xmas and all through the city
Road cones wore tinsel and tried to look pretty.
Behind closed doors, away from prying eyes
The councillors voted on the CEO’s pay rise.

‘Market forces’ they cried, and then, ‘Competition’
Although surely they knew it was a poor rendition.
Cloistered, conceited, and out of touch with reality
Perhaps they need reminding of basic morality.

At a time when our city’s been brought to its knees
The mayor and his cronies just do as they please.
When the CEO’s salary is brought into the light
It tells a sad tale in times that are tight.

That increase of 70k was sweetly backdated
Now the wrath of the people sees the council berated.
In letters to The Press, there came a big roar
“He’s already well-paid, what do you mean he wants more?!”

“He earns more than the Prime Minister, who’s on $393k
Even more than Bob & Gerry’s combined take home pay.
That’s not even counting those five directorships
He’s raking it in while we’re wading through shit!”

To Johanson and Livingstone, to Broughton, Chen and Buck,
And young Carter too, thanks for giving a fuck.
About the ordinary folks, and the signal this sends
To the people who have homes and hearts yet to mend.

Remember this moment, remember who voted ‘YES’
To this outrageous increase, this ridiculous mess.
Then, ignoring the outrage that gathers like thunder
The earth beneath us violently wakes from its slumber.

Sending us a reminder – it’s not over yet…
But please don’t think that we will forget
This moment of madness, this example of greed
When so many others have much greater need.

Think of the city, all broken and torn.
Think of the people, their hearts all forlorn.
Merry Xmas, Mr M. How well do you sleep
In your privileged castle, while the rest of us weep?

Reply #2359 Posted: December 23, 2011, 07:45:14 pm

Offline Lyesalot

• Devoted Member
  • Lyesalot has no influence.
It was awesome and a little sad watching them take down the Blue Jean cuisine restaurant on Colombo/Brougham.
I sat there for about an hour watching a digger ram the 2nd story off. About time. That building has been in a bad state since the first couple of quakes.

Reply #2360 Posted: December 23, 2011, 09:00:50 pm
iM

Offline Pyromanik

Just got word from work, all the top heavy macs are now smashed all over the floor.

Reply #2361 Posted: December 23, 2011, 09:03:06 pm

Offline Lyesalot

• Devoted Member
  • Lyesalot has no influence.
Quote from: Pyromanik;1458936
Just got word from work, all the top heavy macs are now smashed all over the floor.

Mission accomplished?

Reply #2362 Posted: December 23, 2011, 09:07:47 pm
iM

Offline Pyromanik

PC's: replace fucked monitor.
Mac: spend over 7k on entire new machine.

Reply #2363 Posted: December 23, 2011, 09:18:34 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
so you have the towers then, so a pc would of been just as fucked?

Cos no iMac costs $7k

Reply #2364 Posted: December 23, 2011, 09:42:16 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Pyromanik

*shrug*

Reply #2365 Posted: December 23, 2011, 09:54:57 pm

Offline Growler

Well that was one of the rockiest nights I can remember for quite some time.

Reply #2366 Posted: December 24, 2011, 07:14:59 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Quote from: Growler;1458943
Cos no iMac costs $7k

Mac pro mebbe aye.
iMacs got what they deserved. Damn laptops posing as desktops.

Reply #2367 Posted: December 24, 2011, 11:31:47 am

Offline Dr Woomanchu

Reply #2368 Posted: January 18, 2012, 08:29:24 pm

Offline Pyromanik

The lion from Orion!

Give that man a Doughnut!

Reply #2369 Posted: January 18, 2012, 09:40:29 pm

Offline zolteg

• Devoted Member
  • zolteg has no influence.
Quote from: Dr Woomanchu;1462800
A fairy story from Bitchimom

http://rebuildshakeytown.blogspot.com/2012/01/storytime-in-shakeytown.html

Giggle.  Tweeted that, and it got repeated in http://paper.li/NewSolid/1308651571 - The #EQNZ Press.

Never heard of it before.....

Reply #2370 Posted: January 19, 2012, 03:22:52 pm

Offline zolteg

• Devoted Member
  • zolteg has no influence.

Reply #2371 Posted: January 21, 2012, 12:05:32 pm

Offline Growler

Reply #2372 Posted: January 23, 2012, 04:55:18 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Dr Woomanchu

since when was awesome a synonym for complete bullshit ?

Reply #2373 Posted: January 23, 2012, 05:28:22 pm

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
I think he forgot the sarcasm tags Woo.

Reply #2374 Posted: January 23, 2012, 05:42:33 pm