NZST: Wed, Sep 8 2010 2:49 pm
Magnitude: 4.3
Depth: 9 km
Details: 30 km south-east of Darfield

5km from Chch, wtf go away earthquakes

Reply #425 Posted: September 08, 2010, 03:22:23 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Well CK , we need to get that chimney down...

What are you like with lassoos?...like those firemen and the blue fence...

Reply #426 Posted: September 08, 2010, 03:59:31 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
definately. if anyone heads over, flick me a PM and i'll meet ya there

Reply #427 Posted: September 08, 2010, 04:10:21 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
OK lets set a time tomorrow. How about 1pm and we'll meet at CKs. Does anyone have suitably long ladder and ability to transport it?

Who has Hammers and chisels etc for brick removal?

I will ask at work about safety harnesses.

Will update this post as necessary

1.00pm at CKs (pm those who respond yur address please CK)

Name                 Bringing
Woohoo               Hammer, masonry chisel, rope, harnesses ( possibly )
Jonty                 Tarpaulins, rope
Mattah                Tools
Grim                  Tools (unconfirmed)
Growler                Ladder

Reply #428 Posted: September 08, 2010, 04:13:58 pm

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
Quote from: Hav0k;1307843
Quote from: ChineseKiwi;1307828
Quote from: JontyB;1307824
sing out a time and address, i'm sure a few of us can come help out

my ladder's not tall enough to reach the roof. Well it is but it'll be quite dangerous going back down. 230 Blenheim Road, I'm sure the neighbours won't mind at 228. The bigger ladder's at work :/
Tomorrow would be good but I'm not sure whether the chimney's will hold up overnight tbh.

havok + retardobot = assholes.

Stop being so precious :)
Quote from: Prophet;1307844
too early?

If I was where you are I'd probably make jokes as well, but I can tell from personal experience, and of those around me, that the continuing aftershocks and the stress of not knowing what is happening ( We have seen no assessor for our house and every shake things get closer to collapsing), that nerves are frazzling adn our sense of humour is not at its best. Some restraint would be appreciated

Reply #429 Posted: September 08, 2010, 04:16:04 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Dr_Woohoo;1307889
OK lets set a time tomorrow. How about 1pm and we'll meet at CKs. Does anyone have suitably long ladder and ability to transport it?

Woohoo               Hammer, Masonry chisel, Harnesses ( possibly )

i'm in. will get some rope and a couple of tarps

Reply #430 Posted: September 08, 2010, 04:19:28 pm

Offline Obbles

• Obbles has no influence.
Id been keen to help as its just down the road but alas I have to deal with the hundred insurance jobs piling up

Reply #431 Posted: September 08, 2010, 04:20:42 pm

Offline MattaH

• Just settled in
  • MattaH has no influence.
I'm in. I'll talk to me flatmate about borrowing a crowbar and other weapons tools.

Reply #432 Posted: September 08, 2010, 04:32:21 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
I am in if I am not called into work. It was postponed today so we will have to wait and see what tomorrow brings. Sorry I can't give a firm answer. I've become reasonably adept at bringing down chimneys successfully over the last few days.

I have hammers and chisels and a small log(let) splitter

I want to hug you all, but I've not showered yet, so...

Reply #433 Posted: September 08, 2010, 04:59:46 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

Come and shower at our house ffs

Reply #434 Posted: September 08, 2010, 05:07:30 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
Oh, our shower works fine and Nurse has been having microshowers. I'm just 'enjoying' the chance to be feral and since she's been working nights and sleeping days....I have had flannel washes with a bucket though.

...when her nightshift ends I'll be showering, for sure ;)

Thanks for the offer anyway, Woohoo.

Reply #435 Posted: September 08, 2010, 05:17:49 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
I'm in, have a good ladder available and manpower. But, my cankles don't handle prolonged periods on angles. Worst case I can bring you a good ladder.

Reply #436 Posted: September 08, 2010, 05:33:01 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Menial

• Addicted
  • Menial is working their way up.Menial is working their way up.Menial is working their way up.
You guys get to have all the fun :/

Reply #437 Posted: September 08, 2010, 05:39:51 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

Quote from: Growler;1307906
I'm in, have a good ladder available and manpower. But, my cankles don't handle prolonged periods on angles. Worst case I can bring you a good ladder.

We need someone on the ground anyways. looks like you just volunteered :D

Reply #438 Posted: September 08, 2010, 06:16:07 pm

Offline Speakman

good news everyone

WATER RESTRICTIONS RELAXED

Water in Christchurch no longer needs to be boiled, authorities have announced, after tests revealed no bacterial contamination.

The Emergency Operations Centre this evening lifted its boil-water notice for Christchurch city, including Banks Peninsula.

The relaxation of the restrictions followed three days of testing for the city's water, with more than 500 samples tested by city council and public health staff. The samples were all clear of bacterial contamination.

Canterbury Medical Officer of Health Dr Alistair Humphrey said it was a "small step towards normality after such a difficult few days."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/canterbury-earthquake/4105730/Quake-Treasury-says-cost-has-doubled

Reply #439 Posted: September 08, 2010, 07:04:14 pm

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
Tis a beautiful thing watching you all help each other out.

Mucho respect

Reply #440 Posted: September 08, 2010, 07:04:34 pm

Offline MrBurNZ

• Devoted Member
  • MrBurNZ barely matters.MrBurNZ barely matters.
I'll swing by with coffees for the lads if im not too busy. Someone txt me tomorrow.

Reply #441 Posted: September 08, 2010, 07:13:46 pm
BF3 = MrBoourNZ

Offline genienz

• Devoted Member
  • genienz has no influence.
Being a coffee slurping aucklander, i have been hesitant to intrude over the last few days but i just want to say that I've been thinking of you all and I think that you are all absloutley amazing in your attitudes, strength of characters and willingness to get along side each other.

God forbid that Auckland should ever suffer a natural disaster, but if we do, I can only hope that we cope even half as well as you all are.

Proud to be a Kiwi whatever end of the country we live.

Reply #442 Posted: September 08, 2010, 07:25:14 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Yea I agree with Genie, you guys seem to be coping damn well, I think I would've gone crazy if I was in ChCh.

Reply #443 Posted: September 08, 2010, 07:30:05 pm

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
  • bitchimom has no influence.
Quote from: Spork;1307957
I think I would've gone crazy if I was in ChCh.

we were already crazy, can't tell the difference.

another one. small tho ???

Reply #444 Posted: September 08, 2010, 07:40:44 pm
bitchimom: dirrrrrty girl racer

earthquake refugee since aaaages ago
http://www.rebuildshakeytown.blogspot.com

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Rex;1307700
6.1 according to stuff

Lost power for 10 minutes

Just about to get into the shower too ><

This made me so fucking angry. Where the fuck do they get their shit from!?
Woman at the airport going on about a 6.1, "they said it was going to happen like this..."

While I'm staring at geonet on my phone going... errr..... the fuck? Where did she pluck that number from, says right here 5.1

Reply #445 Posted: September 08, 2010, 07:41:37 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Speakman

stuff can't create an article without spelling and grammar mistakes, i'm not surprised they can't read numbers

Reply #446 Posted: September 08, 2010, 07:50:30 pm

Offline bucket

• Addicted
  • bucket has no influence.
Quote from: JontyB;1307891

Woohoo               Hammer, Masonry chisel, Harnesses ( possibly )

i'm in. will get some rope and a couple of tarps

would love to come to help but work is crazy, just got mine down had four reo bar in it..
good luck guys, give me a ring if you need any tool as i might be able to get some dropped off.

Reply #447 Posted: September 08, 2010, 08:11:50 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!

Woohoo               Hammer, masonry chisel, rope, harnesses ( possibly )
Jonty                 Tarpaulins, rope
Mattah                Tools
Grim                  Tools (unconfirmed)
Growler                Ladder

SOOOO fucking keen... but I was offered a job tomorrow at 1.
But the job's a pencil in... so if it doesn't come through, I'm there with bells on :)

(only without actual bells)

Reply #448 Posted: September 08, 2010, 08:13:12 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline ChineseKiwi

• Addicted
  • ChineseKiwi has no influence.
bah, sorry to ruin the party guys!

We've got a builder we know in and they'll be coming tomorrow at 9am. soz guys!!
Was at work thus couldn't tell you earlier.

Reply #449 Posted: September 08, 2010, 08:36:30 pm