Topic: Christchurch Earthquake

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: th3fairy;1308309
Burglars have broken into a Christchurch special needs school and stolen thousands of dollars worth of equipment from disabled students struggling to come to terms with Saturday's earthquake.

Ferndale Board of Trustee member Jacki Morris said staff arrived at the school this morning to find that burglars had climbed a fence and jimmied a window before stealing lap tops, digital video cameras and digital cameras.

Scumbags indeed. Both reporter and criminals.

Reply #500 Posted: September 09, 2010, 05:14:23 pm

Offline MattaH

• Just settled in
  • MattaH has no influence.
Woohoo, If you need a hand with anything just let me know. I know what its like to have to wait for someone to come and tell you if your house is worth repairing.

Reply #501 Posted: September 09, 2010, 05:24:09 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
work shook with this:

# Reference Number: 3369367
# NZST: Thu, Sep 9 2010 5:24 pm
# Magnitude: 4.0
# Depth: 15 km
# Details: 30 km south-east of Darfield

Reply #502 Posted: September 09, 2010, 05:39:29 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline ChineseKiwi

• Addicted
  • ChineseKiwi has no influence.
mmm..shakin'.

Reply #503 Posted: September 09, 2010, 06:28:57 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
fuck being 2 floors up in a very shakey building

Reply #504 Posted: September 09, 2010, 06:30:04 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Sorry I couldn't help out, glad it went well...you guys are great.

Sorry to hear your place is troubling Woohoo and Bitchi...What a bloody worry.

Work was interesting and less than I had imagined, can't say more for legal reasons.

Enough already!

Reply #505 Posted: September 09, 2010, 06:37:26 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Decent aftershock :/

Shit to hear about your house coming apart at the seams bitchoo.*
Rimu is fantastic. Be sure to save it if it has to go anywhere... but here's hoping not!

* Drwoomom? whatever. You're a celebrity couple now. Congrats.

Reply #506 Posted: September 09, 2010, 06:44:02 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Speakman

last one was only a 4 apparantly. but close.

felt like more up here.

Reply #507 Posted: September 09, 2010, 06:47:40 pm

Offline Nostargate

• Addicted
  • Nostargate barely matters.Nostargate barely matters.
Quote from: th3fairy;1308309
Burglars have broken into a Christchurch special needs school and stolen thousands of dollars worth of equipment from disabled students struggling to come to terms with Saturday's earthquake.

Ferndale Board of Trustee member Jacki Morris said staff arrived at the school this morning to find that burglars had climbed a fence and jimmied a window before stealing lap tops, digital video cameras and digital cameras.

Fucking filthy scum. totally at a loss for words tbh

If they head up this way holla.

Reply #508 Posted: September 09, 2010, 06:49:25 pm

Offline ChineseKiwi

• Addicted
  • ChineseKiwi has no influence.
Quote from: JontyB;1308367
last one was only a 4 apparantly. but close.

felt like more up here.

was in Halswell on Quaifes Road + the depth was nothing at 5km.

Reply #509 Posted: September 09, 2010, 06:54:21 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
I was out past Halswell yesterday. Fuck they got some shit going on out there eh... boulders come racing down the hills and shit. Luckily missed ploughing into a mates house, but was pretty close!

I hope that rumble didn't worsen the situation any...

Reply #510 Posted: September 09, 2010, 07:14:08 pm

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
  • bitchimom has no influence.
Quote from: Pyromanik;1308365
Decent aftershock :/

Shit to hear about your house coming apart at the seams bitchoo.*
Rimu is fantastic. Be sure to save it if it has to go anywhere... but here's hoping not!

* Drwoomom? whatever. You're a celebrity couple now. Congrats.

lmao
oh dear god... surely I should be a whole lot richer then...
fwiw, Drwoomom seems to work :001_tongue:

Reply #511 Posted: September 09, 2010, 07:32:14 pm
bitchimom: dirrrrrty girl racer

earthquake refugee since aaaages ago
http://www.rebuildshakeytown.blogspot.com

Offline Menial

• Addicted
  • Menial is working their way up.Menial is working their way up.Menial is working their way up.
Dr Bitchiwho

Reply #512 Posted: September 09, 2010, 11:12:30 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Quote from: Menial;1308486
Dr Bitchiwho

Reply #513 Posted: September 09, 2010, 11:28:50 pm

Codex

Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1308363
Work was interesting and less than I had imagined, can't say more for legal reasons.

Curious now :/

Reply #514 Posted: September 10, 2010, 02:04:06 am

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
It's mainly for insurance, Codex, but we have also been requested not to say things willy-nilly.

Bloody bogans and their earthquake-mobiles...a low rumble approaches...oh, it's a car :/

http://www.canterburyearthquake.govt.nz/

Reply #515 Posted: September 10, 2010, 07:47:17 am
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
I donated to the Canterbury Earthquake Appeal, you guys owe me now. :)

Reply #516 Posted: September 10, 2010, 08:32:56 am

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Oh fuck it, I accidentally did the Canterbury one twice, I was meant to do one for Pakistan.

Reply #517 Posted: September 10, 2010, 08:35:11 am

Offline Nostargate

• Addicted
  • Nostargate barely matters.Nostargate barely matters.
Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1308530
It's mainly for insurance, Codex, but we have also been requested not to say things willy-nilly.

Bloody bogans and their earthquake-mobiles...a low rumble approaches...oh, it's a car :/

http://www.canterburyearthquake.govt.nz/

Theyz just covering up the Mossad bomb that started the faultline off.

Reply #518 Posted: September 10, 2010, 08:41:26 am

Offline Pyromanik

Quote from: Spacemonkey;1308540
Oh fuck it, I accidentally did the Canterbury one twice, I was meant to do one for Pakistan.

Pakistan had an earthquake?

Reply #519 Posted: September 10, 2010, 10:03:44 am

Quote from: Pyromanik;1308568
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1308540

Pakistan had an earthquake?

Big Flood

Reply #520 Posted: September 10, 2010, 10:12:48 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
I was taking a walk through one of Palmerstons largest park walks today. It got me thinking.

The Chch council is doing a pretty sweet job of getting things back to the way they were after the quake. A day or so ago Palmerston Had a flood, a pretty big one. Big enough to totally submerge the park and leave tree trunks and bushes scattered everywhere (including dredged up tyres and trash).

How have our council tried to fix it? By driving vehicles all the way through it, totally destroying the grounds.

It's pathetic.

Reply #521 Posted: September 10, 2010, 10:42:50 am

Offline 420fairy

• Mother Of Dragons

• 420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: RetardoBot;1308579
I was taking a walk through one of Palmerstons largest park walks today. It got me thinking.

The Chch council is doing a pretty sweet job of getting things back to the way they were after the quake. A day or so ago Palmerston Had a flood, a pretty big one. Big enough to totally submerge the park and leave tree trunks and bushes scattered everywhere (including dredged up tyres and trash).

How have our council tried to fix it? By driving vehicles all the way through it, totally destroying the grounds.

It's pathetic.

depending on what conditions the council has in place with their subcontractor - some councils like NSCC would fine their contractor if they did that up here. Mr Fairy who does noxious weeds up here, is not allowed to do that. He has to drag the trees up on the road
regardless of how big/heavy the trees are and regardless of the distance from the site to the truck - now of course this damages the park too but obviously not as heavy as a truck. There could be safety issues as to why they drove the truck over the swamped parked - but i would say that they dont fine their subcontractors for that shit like they do up here.

Poor Mr Fairy once had to drag 200 7ft+ wooly nightshade trees 250m to his truck - he couldnt and wasnt allowed to bring his truck in closer.

Reply #522 Posted: September 10, 2010, 11:38:00 am

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
I work for VBase, which manages the large venues in Chch. I contacted my boss yesterday and they've agreed to send a structural engineer around to have alook at our house.

*2 thumbs up*

Reply #523 Posted: September 10, 2010, 11:48:40 am

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline Speakman

good news man

Reply #524 Posted: September 10, 2010, 11:52:59 am