Topic: Christchurch Earthquake

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
  • bitchimom has no influence.
yep, I'll be in the Tui stand as per usual 8)

Reply #675 Posted: September 24, 2010, 03:33:36 pm
bitchimom: dirrrrrty girl racer

earthquake refugee since aaaages ago
http://www.rebuildshakeytown.blogspot.com

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
I will keep an eye out and try say hi.

Reply #676 Posted: September 24, 2010, 03:43:17 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Sounds like you guys are going through a fairly rough time, must be fairly stressful with having to move out with such little notice, and not have any solid plans on where to go next.

However, hopefully once the insurance coughs up, you can cash in and get a real decent place. :)

Reply #677 Posted: September 24, 2010, 04:01:54 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
I am putting out a request for some recycled rimu floor baords T and G, or panelling/Dado. If you know someone that lost a house that would be prepared to give some up to a budding artist, I would kindly repay in some artwork from the finished products.

It's all RnD at the moment, but I figured this could be a good place to start.

Reply #678 Posted: September 24, 2010, 04:08:52 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
  • bitchimom has no influence.
well, now that you mention it, I just might know someone with an old house full of rimu panelling & floorboards etc ;)
just have to figure out at what point the house and its materials stops being 'ours'

would be more than happy to donate some your way

Reply #679 Posted: September 24, 2010, 04:21:23 pm
bitchimom: dirrrrrty girl racer

earthquake refugee since aaaages ago
http://www.rebuildshakeytown.blogspot.com

Offline Growler

hahahah, thanks bitchi :D

Reply #680 Posted: September 24, 2010, 04:29:27 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Rimu is fantastic.

Reply #681 Posted: September 26, 2010, 02:10:22 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline bucket

• Addicted
  • bucket has no influence.
they way i understand it the company bringing the building down, have the rights to everything inside.

Reply #682 Posted: September 26, 2010, 07:21:05 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
I think that will depend on negotiation. We have a lot of stuff in our house demo people will want, so it will come down to the contract I suppose.

I am new to this. Am waiting for AMI to look and tell us what is happening then will start taking necessary steps. Hoping thw salvage available will keep demo costs down.

Reply #683 Posted: September 26, 2010, 07:22:51 pm

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline Menial

• Addicted
  • Menial is working their way up.Menial is working their way up.Menial is working their way up.
Go steal all the doors before they take them.

Reply #684 Posted: September 26, 2010, 07:36:28 pm

Offline ChineseKiwi

• Addicted
  • ChineseKiwi has no influence.
If it's a former state house, get ALL the wood you can. Floorboards, doors, everything that is rimu or kauri. If that's too much, get the doors.
Whatever you do, don't let the demo man take them. If you want an indication of importance: A mint condition rimu / kauri door is about $1500 each.

Reply #685 Posted: September 27, 2010, 02:35:58 am

Offline bucket

• Addicted
Quote from: Dr_Woohoo;1314229
I think that will depend on negotiation. We have a lot of stuff in our house demo people will want, so it will come down to the contract I suppose.

I am new to this. Am waiting for AMI to look and tell us what is happening then will start taking necessary steps. Hoping thw salvage available will keep demo costs down.
If the house is safe enough for you to enter, I'm sure you will be able to take what you want.

Reply #686 Posted: September 27, 2010, 08:07:06 am

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
the only things left are nailed in :D There's a vanity in the bathroom wifey wants me to retrieve. I only gotta cut two pipes for that. The rest I am only interested in for any money it saves me in demolitions

Reply #687 Posted: September 27, 2010, 10:23:31 am

Offline Growler

if you need a big boot and some muscles, i can provide the boot and im sure we can pick a kid up on the street to give the muscles!

Reply #688 Posted: September 27, 2010, 11:01:39 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline bucket

• Addicted
i can help in the weekend.

Reply #689 Posted: September 27, 2010, 12:28:15 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

thanks for the offers guys. At this stage nothing is happening until AMI has been through, then will have to find someone to tell us what to do from there.

Reply #690 Posted: September 27, 2010, 12:37:40 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Dr_Woohoo;1314379
thanks for the offers guys. At this stage nothing is happening until AMI has been through, then will have to find someone to tell us what to do from there.

Best plan.

I would have thought that ownership passes to AMI if they write it off.

Reply #691 Posted: September 27, 2010, 04:18:56 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
I wouldn't mind a log of Rimu to whittle away at.
Need to get me a whittling knife and a rocking chair though...

Reply #692 Posted: September 27, 2010, 10:58:22 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
and about 40 years added to your age...

lol

Reply #693 Posted: September 27, 2010, 11:04:49 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Pyromanik

And a front porch on a paririe, a sleepy basset hound and a piece of straw... or maybe some dip & a spittoon.

Reply #694 Posted: September 27, 2010, 11:09:43 pm

Offline MattaH

• Just settled in
  • MattaH has no influence.
You watch to many movies Pyro. You need to loss ya'll front teeth, get a confederate flag and become a fan of incest.

Reply #695 Posted: September 27, 2010, 11:18:12 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
yeah, listen to matty. he's an expert on all of those.

esp the incest

Reply #696 Posted: September 27, 2010, 11:20:19 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Growler

stop lying.... he can't score to have incest.... still gets denied.

Reply #697 Posted: September 27, 2010, 11:33:47 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Dr Woomanchu

Quote from: Zarkov;1314512
Quote from: Dr_Woohoo;1314379

Best plan.

I would have thought that ownership passes to AMI if they write it off.

That was my thought, but then I wondered what their response would be if, after they pay me out, I ring them and ask them to remove their stuff from my section. If I have to pay to get rid of the old house, surely I can do what I want with the bits?

Reply #698 Posted: September 28, 2010, 12:16:06 am

Offline MattaH

• Just settled in
  • MattaH has no influence.
Incest, fun for the whole family!

Reply #699 Posted: September 28, 2010, 03:11:13 pm