Topic: Christchurch Earthquake

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Wheeeeee, decent aftershock.
1 floor up, shaking around. Good times.

Reply #700 Posted: September 30, 2010, 09:46:02 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Spigalau

• Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.
Quote from: Pyromanik;1315711
Wheeeeee, decent aftershock.
1 floor up, shaking around. Good times.

4.5 - http://www.geonet.org.nz/earthquake/quakes/3380440g-maps.html

Reply #701 Posted: September 30, 2010, 10:02:02 am
49 20 63 61 6e 20 72 65 6d 65 6d 62 65 72 20 77 68 65 6e 20 74 68 65 20 61 69 72 20 77 61 73 20 63 6c 65 61 6e 20 61 6e 64 20 73 65 78 20 77 61 73 20 64 69 72 74 79 2e

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
slept thru that one

Reply #702 Posted: September 30, 2010, 11:40:16 am

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Dr_Woohoo;1315744
slept thru that one

That's what she said.

Reply #703 Posted: September 30, 2010, 11:45:04 am

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
to u maybe :D

On a happier note I have confirmed that the insurance company covers demolition as an addition to the market value payout

Reply #704 Posted: September 30, 2010, 12:00:54 pm

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
good news mate

Reply #705 Posted: September 30, 2010, 03:14:11 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
can I go pillage ;)

Reply #706 Posted: September 30, 2010, 03:22:24 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Codex

lets go pillaging :D

Im on the 6th floor of my work lol the shock was interesting to say the least, put me off of my call o_O

Reply #707 Posted: September 30, 2010, 03:24:33 pm

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
  • bitchimom has no influence.
Quote from: Growler;1315831
can I go pillage ;)

not yet... patience, my friend :cool:

Reply #708 Posted: September 30, 2010, 03:35:23 pm
bitchimom: dirrrrrty girl racer

earthquake refugee since aaaages ago
http://www.rebuildshakeytown.blogspot.com

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
sheeeeeeeesh, patience.... not part of my operating system :P

Reply #709 Posted: September 30, 2010, 06:46:06 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
Gettn closer, Growler mate :)
AMI assessor turning up tomorrow morning.

We're starting to talk to design/build firms and I'm going to be all over the Home Show next weekend with a mission: identify & discard the myriad of ugly shit that exists while hunting out the non-expensive awesome house bits, and trying not to murder innocent civilians that get in the way.
this could get ugly...
I've got shit to do with my life and building a house is a rather large inconvenience amongst all that.

stoopid feckn earthquake, messing shit up....

/rant

:blushing:

Reply #710 Posted: October 04, 2010, 05:18:29 pm

Offline Growler

Yep, i hear yah, the whole thing is a major inconvenience and I can't start to imagine what it is like for you. Was discussing with my better half what's going to happen when they have to come and remove 2 chimneys, plaster half our house and paint it. I'm picking we might be looking for alternate accommodation for a week or so. Cos I am so not letting a 1 year old live in a dusty painty house for the whole period, and lathe and plaster makes a HUGE fucking mess!

Reply #711 Posted: October 04, 2010, 05:37:59 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline bucket

• Addicted
  • bucket has no influence.
Quote from: Growler;1317106
Yep, i hear yah, the whole thing is a major inconvenience and I can't start to imagine what it is like for you. Was discussing with my better half what's going to happen when they have to come and remove 2 chimneys, plaster half our house and paint it. I'm picking we might be looking for alternate accommodation for a week or so. Cos I am so not letting a 1 year old live in a dusty painty house for the whole period, and lathe and plaster makes a HUGE fucking mess!
I'm in the same boat, will have will 3 under 2 1/2, I can see a lot of arguments. in the future, do they just fix all the cracks and paint or do they take the walls off check the 50year old studs and re Jib?

I had only 2 rooms left in our house before the twins are born, but now its a mess with cracks everywhere you look and I'm just f--ked off, Don't know what to do, and very soon we will have a full house.

Reply #712 Posted: October 04, 2010, 06:10:25 pm

Offline Growler

Your insurance/EQC repairs the house to the standard it was before, no questions asked. It's not just a case of 'How about we just slap some paint on that and you will never know' sort of scenario.

90% of my cracks are all purely cosmetic, but that shit will look ugly when I come to sell, and I have just paid someone to skimcoat and plaster it all. So it WILL be repaired.

I got a booklet in the weekend about the chimney replacement scheme, and it looks like I qualify for at least1, if not 2 heatpumps in my house, but I will wait till they come and discuss the possibilites, again if they don't come to the party, they will be told I want the chimneys strengthend and rebuilt for sale reasons which is totally within my rights.

Reply #713 Posted: October 04, 2010, 06:17:46 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!

Wholey shit!

Reply #714 Posted: October 04, 2010, 10:20:50 pm

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
holy sheep shit

that was the biggest aftershock yet, surely!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Reply #715 Posted: October 04, 2010, 10:22:10 pm

Offline Growler

what???

a gentle roll....... well it didnt feel like the 3 the sat 9 days ago.

Reply #716 Posted: October 04, 2010, 10:22:28 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
well it was long.... and when talking about earthy rumbles, that ain't a good thing :001_tongue:

Reply #717 Posted: October 04, 2010, 10:24:37 pm

Offline Growler

ahhhhhh yeah, was very long, felt like i was drunk as it just kept wobbling side to side, at least it wasn't violent and sharp shaking, I hate those fuckers!

Reply #718 Posted: October 04, 2010, 10:26:03 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline ChineseKiwi

• Addicted
  • ChineseKiwi has no influence.
one of the bigger ones yeah. I have a feeling that it was more due to close proximity to the epicentre than a high intensity shake.

Reply #719 Posted: October 04, 2010, 10:26:38 pm

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
and a little chaser ... stop it.... I was getting used to it being all normal again.

Reply #720 Posted: October 04, 2010, 10:28:32 pm

Offline Pyromanik

geonet is down for me :(

Reply #721 Posted: October 04, 2010, 10:31:33 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
nothing will show up for another 10min anyway

Reply #722 Posted: October 04, 2010, 10:32:31 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline ChineseKiwi

• Addicted
  • ChineseKiwi has no influence.
fine here. the olds rang from work to check if we were ok.

Reply #723 Posted: October 04, 2010, 10:32:56 pm

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
Quote from: Pyromanik;1317221
geonet is down for me :(

lol me too... it's cos everyone in Chch is on it going 'how big was it? ? ? ?'

Reply #724 Posted: October 04, 2010, 10:37:21 pm