Topic: Christchurch Earthquake

Codex

our place got inspected yesterday, they're repairing all of the cracks and repainting most of the house lol

Reply #975 Posted: January 20, 2011, 12:15:43 am

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Spork;1352289
^ Yea pretty idiotic really, I mean surely they could have at least filled it in.

Who builds a State on top of a well...oh, Sir Joh, I guess :P

He was one of our best exports: raised the IQ of both countries.

Reply #976 Posted: January 20, 2011, 12:27:45 am
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Catalyst

• Addicted
  • Catalyst barely matters.Catalyst barely matters.
well that was a decent one

Reference Number: 3450113
NZDT: Thu, Jan 20 2011 6:03 am
Magnitude: 5.1
Depth: 10 km
Details: 10 km south-west of Christchurch
Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 06:44:07 am by Catalyst

Reply #977 Posted: January 20, 2011, 06:08:43 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quite.

Reply #978 Posted: January 20, 2011, 10:12:48 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Been a shakey morning!

That one just then was the 1st time my big faltbed printer has been going in a shake, didnt miss a beat...... those asians can make shit to take a beating.

Reply #979 Posted: January 20, 2011, 11:12:38 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
People who believe that 'triangle of life' business grind my gears.
Not so much that they choose to believe it, but that for some reason they think it has replaced "drop, cover and hold" as the officially promoted protection advice from the government, earthquake officials, civil defence, etc.

It has not, and has been debunked by many an expert, world over.

I guess, however, that wouldn't stop me from trying should no cover be available.

Reply #980 Posted: January 20, 2011, 11:23:56 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
i am 12 and what is this triangle of life business?

Reply #981 Posted: January 20, 2011, 12:24:53 pm

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
A threesome

Reply #982 Posted: January 20, 2011, 12:43:36 pm

Offline Spigalau

• Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.
Quote from: Spork;1352432
i am 12 and what is this triangle of life business?

What is this google thing ? - http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_triangle_of_life.htm

Reply #983 Posted: January 20, 2011, 12:45:10 pm
49 20 63 61 6e 20 72 65 6d 65 6d 62 65 72 20 77 68 65 6e 20 74 68 65 20 61 69 72 20 77 61 73 20 63 6c 65 61 6e 20 61 6e 64 20 73 65 78 20 77 61 73 20 64 69 72 74 79 2e

Offline private_hell

• Addicted
  • private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.
this is the triangle of life:

Reply #984 Posted: January 20, 2011, 01:13:55 pm
"Let him who desires peace prepare for war" - Flavius Vegetius Renatus (375AD) De Rei Militari

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Catalyst;1352331
well that was a decent one

Reference Number: 3450113
NZDT: Thu, Jan 20 2011 6:03 am
Magnitude: 5.1
Depth: 10 km
Details: 10 km south-west of Christchurch

Expert says the aftershocks should stop in a year or so.

Reply #985 Posted: January 20, 2011, 04:25:51 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Fuck yeah!!

Reply #986 Posted: January 20, 2011, 04:46:16 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline nick247

• Addicted
  • nick247 has no influence.
The aftershocks will stop once the world has ended in 2012

Reply #987 Posted: January 20, 2011, 04:58:27 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
^ I think that is what this 'expert' was talking about.

Reply #988 Posted: January 21, 2011, 12:20:10 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Kookynic needs to stop farting.

Reply #989 Posted: January 21, 2011, 12:26:20 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
Finally got the house assessed by the insurance company. As predicted  there's no chance of saving it, so it will be demolished and we'll build a new one.

We've found a house to rent very near our property so will be moving back over to the cool peoples side of town in a couple of weeks

YAYYY!!!!!

Reply #990 Posted: February 10, 2011, 11:39:15 am

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline Growler

Good shit guys, glad to hear that hurdle is finally cleared!

Can you make an enquirey about your floor boards for me, prepared to pay for them if some arrangement can be made.

Reply #991 Posted: February 10, 2011, 12:06:25 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Catalyst

• Addicted
  • Catalyst barely matters.Catalyst barely matters.
good to hear woohoo, hope everything goes well

Reply #992 Posted: February 10, 2011, 12:12:52 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Good stuff Woohoo, will you design a new one or build something the same?

How does all that work?

Reply #993 Posted: February 10, 2011, 12:19:21 pm

Offline Growler

Oh yeah, yell closer to shifting, once again I am happy to help.

Reply #994 Posted: February 10, 2011, 12:19:41 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
Thanks for the offer. We'll probably take you up on it one day, but we have the luxury of a slow move. We found a 3 bed rental one block from our house, but to get it, we had to take it from 3 weeks before we needed it, o we have a 3 week window to move in. Will just be a single truckload of beds and a fridge and coffee machine on the last day basically.

One side effect is that for 3 weeks we'll  have 3 properties under our name :D

We'll be building a new house, smaller than the current one, on the property. We're guessing it'll be a year or so for the process at least.

BTW Growler what was the outcome of your assessment?

Reply #995 Posted: February 10, 2011, 12:38:28 pm

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline Pyromanik

great to hear bitchimom i woohoo.

Reply #996 Posted: February 10, 2011, 01:34:49 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
good to hear guys :D

Reply #997 Posted: February 10, 2011, 01:40:18 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
That's good news, and pretty quick, too.

At least they aren't working on Geologic time!

Reply #998 Posted: February 10, 2011, 02:24:00 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Growler

They are trying to figure out if they can lift our house off the ground to re-pile it.

Good luck I say, 1897, she is gonna bend and crack like a bitch! If they can do that the rest is complete redecoration of every room inside, new front return verandah,  new roof, 2 new chimneys, new internal doors, new ranch slider, new  weather boards..... will be a new drive, steps, decking, paving as well I imagine as that will all get fooked in lifting the house.

Im pretty sure it would just be easier and cheaper to knock the fucker down, but that's not my decision!

Reply #999 Posted: February 10, 2011, 03:07:30 pm
Think of me like Yoda,