Topic: Christchurch Earthquake

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Dr_Woohoo;1309025
OK so the structural engineer comes around at 6 pm and after a good look through basically said OMFGWTF are you living here for get the fuck out!!!

So we're off to a motel. We won;t know for sure yuntil full assessment, but I may well have spent my last night sleeping in this house.

Off to the Best Western Clyde for a week while we look for rental accommodation.

Wish us luck.!!

Fuck, where are those little faggots from Mitre 10 dream home now!?
Fill our TV with shit for years, and nowhere to be found when actually needed.

That sucks to hear guys. Best wishes.

Reply #550 Posted: September 11, 2010, 09:27:24 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Dr_Woohoo;1309025
OK so the structural engineer comes around at 6 pm and after a good look through basically said OMFGWTF are you living here for get the fuck out!!!

So we're off to a motel. We won;t know for sure yuntil full assessment, but I may well have spent my last night sleeping in this house.

Off to the Best Western Clyde for a week while we look for rental accommodation.

Wish us luck.!!

Who's house is it?

Reply #551 Posted: September 11, 2010, 09:39:07 pm

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
  • bitchimom has no influence.
It's our house... has been for the last decade.
But I guess that's why we've been paying insurance for all these years, so we can go hide in a motel and know that someone else will pick up the tab. So we're in Riccarton for at least 2 nights, maybe more while we sort some things out.

Internet access at the motel is via congested wireless so it's a bit like being back on dial up... you can/should go and do something while waiting for the page to load ???

But we'll get there... eventually. It's going to be a long process.
we'll keep ya updated :)

Reply #552 Posted: September 11, 2010, 10:19:52 pm
bitchimom: dirrrrrty girl racer

earthquake refugee since aaaages ago
http://www.rebuildshakeytown.blogspot.com

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
if you guys need to do anything more than just casual email or browsing, give me a yell, you can use some of our internet.

Reply #553 Posted: September 11, 2010, 10:25:12 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Sorry to hear that Woohoo & Bitchi. If you need anything don't hesitate to ask.

Reply #554 Posted: September 11, 2010, 11:57:29 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
I love being a geek. Kris' laptop has wireless access, so I have a cable running from my desktop, to her laptop to use her wireless. Unfortunately wireless is sucky enough that we can't use the connection at the same time.

I will be calling on you guys on moving day, be sure of it. You will be well rewarded with beer afterwards.

Reply #555 Posted: September 12, 2010, 12:10:27 am

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Codex

man thats bad guys, at least you have somewhere to stay -_-

Where to from here? Do they decide weather or not it can be repaired?

Reply #556 Posted: September 12, 2010, 12:17:27 am

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
EQC assessor will decide I assume. Will find out on monday. The engineer who did the initial assessment was not optimistic the house could be saved.

Reply #557 Posted: September 12, 2010, 12:27:19 am

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Now's your opportunity.

Move to Auckland.

Reply #558 Posted: September 12, 2010, 07:24:01 am

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
Quote from: Dr_Woohoo;1309110
EQC assessor will decide I assume. Will find out on monday. The engineer who did the initial assessment was not optimistic the house could be saved.

That is sad, hopefully something of the house can be saved.

Glad you are all alright though and now safe

Reply #559 Posted: September 12, 2010, 08:01:36 am

Offline bucket

• Addicted
  • bucket has no influence.
Quote from: Dr_Woohoo;1309110

If I can help with anything just ring!

Reply #560 Posted: September 12, 2010, 08:21:59 am

Offline Dr Woomanchu

Quote from: Zarkov;1309137
Now's your opportunity.

Move to Auckland.

A bullet is quicker

Reply #561 Posted: September 12, 2010, 09:26:55 am

Offline bigROBOTbill

• Addicted
  • bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.
Quote from: Dr_Woohoo;1309154
Now's your opportunity.

Move to Auckland.

A bullet is quicker
But not as much fun.

I's a pity we can't step through the magic doorway and pop down to help out down there!
:(

Reply #562 Posted: September 12, 2010, 09:36:12 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: bigROBOTbill;1309158
Now's your opportunity.
Move to Auckland.
A bullet is quicker
But not as much fun.
I'm not convinced.

Reply #563 Posted: September 12, 2010, 09:57:03 am

Offline Hav0k

• Just settled in
  • Hav0k is looked down upon.
Quote from: bigROBOTbill;1309158
Now's your opportunity.

Move to Auckland.

A bullet is quicker
But not as much fun.

I's a pity we can't step through the magic doorway and pop down to help out down there!
:(

This.

Sorry to hear about your house Woohoo :(

Reply #564 Posted: September 12, 2010, 11:44:49 am
\'There are many paths to the top of the mountain, but the view is always the same\'

Offline gotrush

• Devoted Member
  • gotrush has no influence.

Just recieved this from my dad in japan.....

Apparently the Europeans in Christchurch want their blankets back from the Maori, because the land is faulty!

(and so the jokes start)

Reply #565 Posted: September 12, 2010, 04:17:21 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Ok, you can have your sodding blankets. But I'm keeping the fk'n muskets!

Reply #566 Posted: September 12, 2010, 04:40:49 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

I'm finding myself short of cardboard boxes for storing stuff. Anyone in Chch got access to a stash I can get my hands on?

Reply #567 Posted: September 12, 2010, 06:51:24 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
I'll have a look at work...there might be a few around.

Reply #568 Posted: September 12, 2010, 06:53:22 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Pyromanik

I have boxes galore here. Most of mine are full, but I'm sure I could spare a few (that the flatmates wouldn't mind).

Reply #569 Posted: September 12, 2010, 11:22:51 pm

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
I just grabbed heaps from behind my local supermarket

Reply #570 Posted: September 13, 2010, 08:06:07 am

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Witchihoo: Nurse is going to look out for boxes at her work.
We don't have any at this time at my work.

Hope you guys are o.k. and bearing up.

Reply #571 Posted: September 13, 2010, 06:08:23 pm

Offline GhostOfGallipoli

• GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...
Quote from: Dr_Woohoo;1309313
I'm finding myself short of cardboard boxes for storing stuff. Anyone in Chch got access to a stash I can get my hands on?

give EB games a call, we generally have heaps

Reply #572 Posted: September 13, 2010, 06:47:22 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

We're making progress. So much shit to move out of our house. Still at a motel. Will probably be signing for a rental tomorrow. If we take the place we're looking at, is is huge and perfect for summer entertaining so expect lots of BBQs

Reply #573 Posted: September 13, 2010, 07:58:32 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted

Reply #574 Posted: September 13, 2010, 07:59:32 pm