Topic: Christchurch Earthquake

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
oh shiiiiiiiiii-----

Reply #1725 Posted: March 31, 2011, 11:38:30 am
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Growler;1372964
Chem Trail over Chch this morning.....

DOOOOOM

what?

They released the zombie virus?

Reply #1726 Posted: March 31, 2011, 11:42:00 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
Got to hate that Umbrella Corporation.

Reply #1727 Posted: March 31, 2011, 12:12:41 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
ella ella ella, ey ey ey...

Reply #1728 Posted: March 31, 2011, 04:15:23 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
  • bitchimom has no influence.
Quote from: Growler;1372872
assessment tomorrow.

how'd it go?

We're waiting for Arrow to come round & see whether our house is dangerous or not... wait.. wait... wait...

Reply #1729 Posted: March 31, 2011, 08:02:48 pm
bitchimom: dirrrrrty girl racer

earthquake refugee since aaaages ago
http://www.rebuildshakeytown.blogspot.com

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
same shit.

wait wait wait, geo report, structural report and more builders who laugh at the thought of trying to lift my home.

Reply #1730 Posted: March 31, 2011, 08:07:27 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline ss142

• Just settled in
  • ss142 has no influence.
Hi Bitchimom,

Keep strong, in the same situation. House is safe to live in providing we don't go into certain rooms. Re repair looks like a demo so at the moment all good. It is the waiting that gets to you. Trouble is I have a concrete slab foundation that cannot be lifted :)

Reply #1731 Posted: March 31, 2011, 08:10:05 pm

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
heh... not quite.. we've been out of our house since September
it's coming down, just a matter of how soon... which is what we're waiting on...

Someone asked me how come I hadn't gone crazy yet... I said it's 'cos I wasn't sane to start with. I think it helps :D

Reply #1732 Posted: March 31, 2011, 08:19:08 pm

Offline ss142

• Just settled in
lol, I did realise your situation which is deporable. I admire your courage. It is the waiting that gets to you.

At least we are fortunate in that both of us have not had to bury family members, I have had several regular customers come in with family members who were in the CTV building, appalling to hear of the loss and devastion to the families first hand. Another customer came in shortly after losing her house on MT Pleasant,(slid down the hill) she was only 10 metres away from her house in her car after leaving, talk about traumitised. She is not allowed to search through the ruins for clothes so all she has is the clothes she is wearing and her car. Damn I felt for her !

So in a way we are lucky.

Reply #1733 Posted: March 31, 2011, 08:33:01 pm

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
yup agreed. very lucky... loss of a house is nothing really.
loss of a city centre is kinda irksome tho, I must admit ;)

Reply #1734 Posted: March 31, 2011, 08:53:07 pm

Offline ss142

• Just settled in
lol, agreed never mind the traffic Jams, but in the scheme of things a minor annoyance.

Reply #1735 Posted: March 31, 2011, 08:56:31 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Bitchihoo, must catchup for a cuppa/beer very soon.

Reply #1736 Posted: March 31, 2011, 09:51:51 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Growler;1373200
Bitchihoo, must catchup for a cuppa/beer very soon.

Good to see you're finally getting over the whole earthquake thing.

Reply #1737 Posted: March 31, 2011, 09:54:18 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
you got to be kidding. its hardly started

Reply #1738 Posted: March 31, 2011, 10:29:21 pm

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
we'd be getting together to bitch about the quake/aftermath anyway amirite?

definitely Growler... we at the same phone numbers, different address tho :p

Reply #1739 Posted: March 31, 2011, 10:36:11 pm

Offline Growler

Quote from: Zarkov;1373201
Good to see you're finally getting over the whole earthquake thing.

Would you like to come and rebuild my home, having a normal house would help me get over it alot quicker :P

Are you a registered builder, you could do a quote for me.

Reply #1740 Posted: April 01, 2011, 08:16:09 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Spigalau

• Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.
Awesome...

Reply #1741 Posted: April 01, 2011, 08:38:14 am
49 20 63 61 6e 20 72 65 6d 65 6d 62 65 72 20 77 68 65 6e 20 74 68 65 20 61 69 72 20 77 61 73 20 63 6c 65 61 6e 20 61 6e 64 20 73 65 78 20 77 61 73 20 64 69 72 74 79 2e

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Growler;1373248
Would you like to come and rebuild my home, having a normal house would help me get over it alot quicker :P

maybe he also wants to come rebuild our CBD, so i can start my career (and eat Baconators again)

Reply #1742 Posted: April 01, 2011, 12:14:43 pm

Offline Growler

Wow, St Asaph St is open all the way through now. The block of colombo st between Tuam & St Asaph is completely destroyed, fuck me the damage is unbelievable. Will try and head down later with the camera and snap some shots.

Reply #1743 Posted: April 01, 2011, 02:15:01 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Growler

Reply #1744 Posted: April 01, 2011, 02:29:51 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline camy205

• Addicted
  • camy205 barely matters.camy205 barely matters.

Reply #1745 Posted: April 01, 2011, 02:39:29 pm
Quote from: Craigorsarus;1484182
GetSome Thread - Generic Timeline:

- Actual Topic
 - Variation of Topic
 - Someone calls someone a retard
 - Fight
 - Actual Topic
 - Fight
 - Troll
 - Your Mum
 - You\'re*
 - TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL
 - What is this thread about?

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Growler;1373248

I was just trying out some post-earthquake cat humour.

Reply #1746 Posted: April 01, 2011, 04:44:43 pm

Offline Speakman

Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 07:59:16 pm by Speakman

Reply #1747 Posted: April 01, 2011, 07:56:59 pm

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
Cat fail I'd say.

Reply #1748 Posted: April 01, 2011, 08:06:11 pm

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
Chch humour is very dark these days... and weird... I think that anyone not living thru all this should tread carefully when trying to be funny - especially in this thread.
In cat terms, we're just a bit wee feral and might attack (with claws out) at the slightest provocation.:p

Reply #1749 Posted: April 02, 2011, 08:15:56 pm