Topic: Storm started

Offline Virus.

• Devoted Member
  • Virus. has no influence.
Sunny in Hawkes Bay, as usual. Wind was a bitch though.

Reply #50 Posted: September 19, 2010, 01:01:58 am

Offline Goldo

• Goldo has no influence.
Some big ass thunder in Palmy tonight, periodic big winds and rain.

Reply #51 Posted: September 19, 2010, 01:34:54 am

Offline Baldesto

• Addicted
  • Baldesto barely matters.Baldesto barely matters.
thought i would fly my kite ,got a 2m parapont and it was howling , got a couple of mean gusts thru and it snapped the braided line like it was a piece of spaghetti ...up until then it was prolly blowing about 45k gusts...

Reply #52 Posted: September 19, 2010, 10:07:16 am

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: BeNZene;1311536
Apparently your stadium collapsed under the weight of snow. Ouch.
Yep. The roof collapsed and it set on fire.

Update: Invercargill is closed. Four major businesses have been closed due to heavy snowfall. All the supermarkets are closed. I work at the small Elles Road New World on a sunday and we had EVERYONE in town descend on the store because the other supermarkets (pak n save and countdown) were closed. The other new world, as previously mentioned, had its roof collapse due to snow and is closed for two weeks.

The fire department came to the store and deemed it unsafe. The police turned up and ordered everyone to leave both customers and employees. So I got off work early. People were still trying to get in the store while the police stood outside and forbade entry. Hell: People were trying to enter the car park even though there were road cones AND police cordon tape preventing entry.

This means I have have the rest of the day off. I'd go outside and play in the snow, but it is currently blowing a gale and hailing. Fingers crossed that this caries on to tomorrow, then I wont have to go to school!

edit: Checked my email

Sun 9/19/2010 8:07 PM
Classes are cancelled tomorrow morning – afternoon classes are as usual all going well

w00t! No test tomorrow!

Reply #53 Posted: September 19, 2010, 02:35:02 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline xpertz

• Addicted
  • xpertz has no influence.
Global warming. :P

Everyone blames that.

Reply #54 Posted: September 19, 2010, 03:45:43 pm
<on3.co.nz | CS 1.6 TOURNAMENT #1>EAC
[EAC] HcN.skytech :: This server requires the use of 32bit colour
HcN.skytech dropped
HcN.skytech has left the game

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
After much swearing and Windows Movie Maker crashing, I finally got the movie working. This is my walk around on the Saturday after the huge snow storm.

Reply #55 Posted: December 05, 2010, 10:56:48 pm

Offline Virus.

• Devoted Member
Cool video Tiwa.

Reply #56 Posted: December 05, 2010, 11:02:15 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

Quote from: Tiwaking!;1338596
This is my walk around on the Saturday after the huge snow storm.

Last night Invercargill had a big thunderstorm. According to my flatmate it started snowing at around 11:30pm and the roof started leaking, so he's been up all night with buckets. He's also cleared the snow from the roof. Apparently it built up enough to let the rain flow sideways.

There is snow everywhere outside, no where near as much as last year, but quite abit.

Reply #57 Posted: May 16, 2011, 06:02:58 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Make a snowman.

Reply #58 Posted: May 16, 2011, 07:22:44 am

Offline Tiwaking!

Quote from: Spacemonkey;1383670
Make a snowman.
Although I disagree with my classmates and the entire population of Southland, apparently the 'snow' was just 'hail'. I have never seen hail that looks like 'snow' before, nor that sits there all day and causes traffic accidents.

And: Do you know how cold it gets when you're making a snowman? Its ridiculous and not worth the effort.

Reply #59 Posted: May 16, 2011, 04:35:17 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Snow is soft and floats down to land on your head gently.
Hail smashes you in the face as you attempt to run away from it.

Reply #60 Posted: May 16, 2011, 05:00:16 pm

Offline Virus.

• Devoted Member
If you can build a fair sized snowman with it, it's snow.

Reply #61 Posted: May 16, 2011, 05:46:41 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Na

Reply #62 Posted: May 16, 2011, 06:03:11 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

What the hell New Zealand? Its been snowing since midnight last night.

Apparently it is snowing all over the place!

Reply #63 Posted: November 05, 2011, 10:24:31 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
hot as fuck here.

Reply #64 Posted: November 05, 2011, 10:28:32 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline bigROBOTbill

• Addicted
  • bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.
Whakatane, nice calm evening, just had nice bbq (on new flash bbq), ate indoors though.

Reply #65 Posted: November 05, 2011, 07:35:26 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
It's like 35 here today. So I have my blinds closed, and my aircon on MAXIMUM

Reply #66 Posted: November 05, 2011, 08:37:58 pm

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
Quote from: Tiwaking!;1445526
What the hell New Zealand? Its been snowing since midnight last night.
Blame global warming.

Reply #67 Posted: November 05, 2011, 09:32:46 pm
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Bill English.

Reply #68 Posted: November 05, 2011, 09:37:55 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Get with the times Tofu. It's "Climate Change".

Reply #69 Posted: November 06, 2011, 10:04:05 am
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline TofuEater

Bullshit - the climate changes every three months. Get a new schtick.

Reply #70 Posted: November 07, 2011, 09:20:16 am
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Note the Capital letters. I'm not going to argue with you. I'll let the fact speak for itself, which you can find if you're interested, but I sense you're not.

Reply #71 Posted: November 07, 2011, 09:31:48 am

Offline TofuEater

You are the Mariah Yeater of these forums.

Reply #72 Posted: November 07, 2011, 11:49:35 am

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
Cool. Whatever . Go play with Pitchey.

Reply #73 Posted: November 07, 2011, 12:00:16 pm

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
Don't you want to play with me any-more Grim?

I am sad panda.

:-(

Reply #74 Posted: November 07, 2011, 12:28:26 pm