Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!

Reply #10350 Posted: October 21, 2011, 04:48:48 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!

Reply #10351 Posted: October 21, 2011, 04:54:36 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
I'm gonna sleep in sooooooooooo much on Labour day.

Quote from: Growler;1438297
And maybe $1 to do this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShFAeNdiEiA

Looks fun, I wanna have a turn on that huge slide the mythbusters made.

Reply #10352 Posted: October 21, 2011, 04:55:30 pm

Offline Growler

hahaha they were pretty pussy on that slide, not even a run up!

The rocket ramp would be cool too!

Reply #10353 Posted: October 21, 2011, 04:58:16 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Codex

Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 06:23:41 pm by Codex

Reply #10354 Posted: October 21, 2011, 06:11:41 pm

Obble

TF2 patch last Friday, since then there's been a patch every day, sometimes multiple patches per day, and people still crash to desktop, Valve used to be cool.

Reply #10355 Posted: October 21, 2011, 06:14:18 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Codex;1438329
Fuck posthaste are useless cunts

This.

Reply #10356 Posted: October 21, 2011, 06:37:50 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!

Reply #10357 Posted: October 21, 2011, 06:57:54 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
Quote from: Growler;1438295
I would how ever pay $2 to do this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_wkQBDDgvI

I'd pay $2 to put Zarkov into one.......... without the safety rope

Reply #10358 Posted: October 21, 2011, 06:58:21 pm
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Codex

Whats the point in paying for overnight courier when the dumb cunts at posthaste (This specific courier lives two houses away from me) takes the OVERNIGHT package back to the depot across town and make it delayed for a third night.

Tore their manager a new one. I expect them to bloody pay me my overnight ticket back.

Reply #10359 Posted: October 21, 2011, 07:15:29 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
what nub company did you order from that sent it post haste?

Reply #10360 Posted: October 21, 2011, 07:33:09 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Codex;1438329
Fuck posthaste are useless cunts

Look at their name: haste has been and gone!

[serious] Crikey, I can't quite believe how much my quality of life has improved since we've been living in Southbridge (almost two weeks). A veritable quarter-acre pavlova paradise (pre-internet meme for you young uns).
Loads of fruit trees: Apples, pear, peach, nectarine, plum, apricot, fruiting olives, and a new fig to plant. Outdoor aviary with budgies (non smuggled) and a goldfish pond with water lillies. I have a double garage for all my stuff, and a tool shed, and a greenhouse. No constant dust, warm and dry.
The dogs are so relaxed as well: hardly a bark when people plasyt tennis next door (cf Woolston: almost constant rarking up).
Thirty seconds walk to the pub :)
The oven is awesome, after nearly three years without one, the fridge is mouse-free!
Nurse is the happiest and most relaxed I've seen her.
Can hear tree frogs at night; the sky is wonderful.
Those who've seen our old place in Woolston (Pyroman/Mitch) would not believe the difference. It really is another life! [/serious]

Nice: a few craft beers and some good LPs, then the rugger.
This is the life :)

Reply #10361 Posted: October 21, 2011, 07:40:54 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Growler

Grats Mr Duck! Happy to hear the stress levels have subsided and life's on the up!

Reply #10362 Posted: October 21, 2011, 07:45:05 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
I 'should' be happier here too...not less acerbic, but certainly happier :)

Reply #10363 Posted: October 21, 2011, 07:52:34 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1438377
I 'should' be happier here too...not less acerbic, but certainly happier :)

Less whiny is the phrase you're looking for.

Reply #10364 Posted: October 21, 2011, 07:54:00 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted

Reply #10365 Posted: October 21, 2011, 08:04:10 pm

Codex

Reply #10366 Posted: October 21, 2011, 09:19:43 pm

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
Zarkov might just be the greatest snapper fisherman that i've ever seen.

Reply #10367 Posted: October 22, 2011, 08:29:09 am
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
Far out, a big quake this morning! Checked the Chch Quake Live (Crowe) and saw a huge spike on the drum. Then went to Geonet and looked at their drums and it was evident across the whole country: 7.3 , 40 km deep, Raoul Island.  Whew!

http://www.canterburyquakelive.co.nz/QuakeDrum/

Reply #10368 Posted: October 22, 2011, 08:52:54 am

Offline Growler

was that a 7 minute earthquake??? Im pretty useless at reading drums.

Reply #10369 Posted: October 22, 2011, 09:48:16 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
I'm not entirely sure either Mr G...seismology is a dark art
!

Reply #10370 Posted: October 22, 2011, 10:43:38 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!

Reply #10371 Posted: October 22, 2011, 12:32:01 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
"Rotorua telecommunications and information technology consultant Nathan Willis, of Phocal Communications, was one of those who received the email.

He said he immediately forwarded it to his email contacts."

It's a good thing for us that we've got experts like Willis keeping us safe from cyber crime.

Reply #10372 Posted: October 22, 2011, 04:39:39 pm

Obble

Quote from: Pyromanik;1438536
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz-police/news/article.cfm?o_id=131&objectid=10758330

Article by: What a most unfortunate name.

Heard you like scams, so we gave you a scam that's a scam, so you can scam while you scam.

Reply #10373 Posted: October 22, 2011, 04:41:16 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
By definition, it's not really a scam at all, silly Moran.

Reply #10374 Posted: October 22, 2011, 06:36:11 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.