Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
Quote from: Pyromanik;1445694
No different from times past m80.

Same shit happened when we were young.
I even remember a bunch of derps in 7th form who seemed to think it was fine to have Roman Candle fights...

I congratulate you on ruining their fun! :)

(Assuming the cops even did anything at all... which I'm unfortunately skeptical about)

I remember back in high school, when someone thought it would be smart to light fireworks off on the field. They didn't seem to realise trees are quite flammable, leading to a massive fire.

Questionable whether fireworks stupidity is increasing or decreasing.

Reply #11050 Posted: November 06, 2011, 10:09:30 am

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
youth of today are worse I believe.

Yes we did stupid things, but I do think we had a little more respect

Reply #11051 Posted: November 06, 2011, 10:13:07 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Not questionable. There's always been stupidity:

Unicol Dunedin in the '80s. Two towers, skyrockets in bottles: 'fights' between towers. Someone loses an eye.

ChCh '90s: a friend was with people engaging in hijinks: one guy in polyester shorts (sports shorts? lol) gets hit in the groin with a Roman Candle. Shorts melt. Burns to groin, including penis. Scabs kept cracking when cracked a fat, apparently. Nasty.

Just two episodes in a long line of stupidity.
It continues to this day.

Quote from: Growler;1445750

Yes we did stupid things, but I do think we had a little more luck

fixed :)
Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 10:17:32 am by Ngati_Grim

Reply #11052 Posted: November 06, 2011, 10:15:21 am
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
Quote from: Growler;1445750

Yes we did stupid things, but I do think we had a little more respect

Yeah....back when politicians were honest.

Reply #11053 Posted: November 06, 2011, 10:15:54 am

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
Oh definitely, and the women were hotter and more available.

Dunno what planet you lived on Growler, but we were a complete bunch of fuckwits with fireworks when we were kids. Pure luck got us through it. Not so good for the frogs though.

Reply #11054 Posted: November 06, 2011, 10:23:32 am

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
^Psycopath lol :P

Even back then I didn't do that sort of thing. It was more building complex bunkers for my toy soldiers and blowing them up [glee]"take that, army boy, take that!"[/glee] or putting tom thumbs and pohas in matchbox cars.

Reply #11055 Posted: November 06, 2011, 10:54:48 am

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
Double happys were every growing boys demolition kit, or throwing a string of hundreds of Tom Thumbs into mailboxes and running like hell. We were lucky. the worst injuries I ever witnessed were just a some hand injuries from idiots holding onto double happys too long.

We used to have sky rocket wars, but no-one ever got injured in the ones I was involved in.

Reply #11056 Posted: November 06, 2011, 11:07:34 am

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Quote from: Spork;1445696
What's the best .gif maker? One that can accomodate for larger higher quality gifs.

Older versions of photoshop have imageready which is easy and should handle bigger files (cs1-2 is good).

Reply #11057 Posted: November 06, 2011, 12:25:33 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.

Reply #11058 Posted: November 06, 2011, 12:26:58 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Emrico1;1445796
Older versions of photoshop have imageready which is easy and should handle bigger files (cs1-2 is good).

Hefty download.

use GIMP. Make each frame a layer, transition time in brackets on end of layer title. Safe with .gif extension. Done.

But what I think Spork really wanted to ask was "how do I make an avi?"
Because there's no such thing as a high quality gif.
600Mb and 30 seconds long? LARF

Reply #11059 Posted: November 06, 2011, 12:44:47 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Spork;1444258
Yea, well I actually intend to use my pool afterward, so destroying the lid wouldn't really work too well, especially as this thing is like 20 years old, so probably not replaceable. :P

Also, welding is the act of joining two things together in a rather sturdy fashion. I've no idea how you got from "LOL plastic weld" to "you should totally melt the lid off". What I meant was that maybe someone had put the wrong shit in there, or the chems had been in there so long they'd become caustic and melted the thread together (meaning you couldn't get the lid off).

Just so you know.

Reply #11060 Posted: November 06, 2011, 12:51:00 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Ah, thanks for the help Pyro and Emrico, might give gimp a shot, sort of lost the motivation now though. Meh.

Reply #11061 Posted: November 06, 2011, 12:56:47 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
Those are some pretty crazy in-ear buds right there Hori.

Nice one!  _b

PORCUPINE!

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll47/Ngati_Grim/porcupine2_sm.jpg
Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Reply #11062 Posted: November 06, 2011, 01:25:42 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.

Reply #11063 Posted: November 06, 2011, 01:27:41 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1445816
Those are some pretty crazy in-ear buds right there Hori.

Nice one!  _b

I got some in-ear things, but while they are good I just don't like shoving things in my ear-canal. Can't be good for your hearing eh.

Reply #11064 Posted: November 06, 2011, 01:32:18 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: Pyromanik;1445810
Also, welding is the act of joining two things together in a rather sturdy fashion. I've no idea how you got from "LOL plastic weld" to "you should totally melt the lid off". What I meant was that maybe someone had put the wrong shit in there, or the chems had been in there so long they'd become caustic and melted the thread together (meaning you couldn't get the lid off).

Just so you know.

Ah, well then, you should have asked me if the plastic had melded together. :P

Reply #11065 Posted: November 06, 2011, 01:53:22 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted

Reply #11066 Posted: November 06, 2011, 04:16:40 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
...or in-ear buds, for that matter....I agree those headphones will be far superior.

Reply #11067 Posted: November 06, 2011, 04:23:51 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Word of warning.

Stay clear of Boundry Road Brewery beers. Specifically The Chosen One (golden ale). Tastes like glorified Tui.

Reply #11068 Posted: November 06, 2011, 05:57:23 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
Glorified Tui isn't such a a bad thing, Boundary Road gave me $5 dawg.

Reply #11069 Posted: November 06, 2011, 06:03:31 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Quote from: Hori88;1445896
Glorified Tui isn't such a a bad thing, Boundary Road gave me $5 dawg.

Fuck yes, I know right.

Best direct mail campaign ever!

I especially liked the bit where there was a "Beer money" sticker stuck to the fiver :>

Quote from: Spork;1445830
Ah, well then, you should have asked me if the plastic had melded together. :P

Oh nah, I was in no way trying to be helpful... I was laughing AT you!

Reply #11070 Posted: November 06, 2011, 07:47:02 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
"Beer money" is wonderful.
Unfortunately I've only had cider and whiskey money today (while setting up Le Musee d'Grim) :)

Reply #11071 Posted: November 06, 2011, 08:43:04 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: Pyromanik;1445923
Oh nah, I was in no way trying to be helpful... I was laughing AT you!

Oh.

HAH.
Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 11:29:50 pm by Spork

Reply #11072 Posted: November 06, 2011, 10:37:17 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Reply #11073 Posted: November 06, 2011, 11:07:09 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted

Reply #11074 Posted: November 06, 2011, 11:11:35 pm