Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!

Reply #11100 Posted: November 07, 2011, 02:11:51 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Codex

Reply #11101 Posted: November 07, 2011, 02:13:56 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Have a drumstick and your brain stops tickin'.

Reply #11102 Posted: November 07, 2011, 02:15:27 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.

Some tasty drumsticks here...and the train stops brickin'

Reply #11103 Posted: November 07, 2011, 02:16:00 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Codex

snap have set up their origin content servers already, lol'd.

Reply #11104 Posted: November 07, 2011, 03:05:58 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.

Reply #11105 Posted: November 07, 2011, 03:16:33 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
*shudder - what a pack of friggen retards.

He almost balances out that John Hopoate guy.

Reply #11106 Posted: November 07, 2011, 04:06:36 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Hahaha.

I remember doing that in school. Holding up 2 fingers and yelling HOPOATE.

Or The Hopoate Express.

Reply #11107 Posted: November 07, 2011, 04:08:16 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Codex;1446184
snap have set up their origin content servers already, lol'd.

wtf.... where do you learn this, their home page is pretty fucking useless! I would of downloaded it had I known that.

Reply #11108 Posted: November 07, 2011, 04:33:39 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: TofuEater;1446035
Can someone (lots of someones) rep-pad me up to two bars? I'm feeling inadequate.

Anything to please.

Oh crap, paw slipped.

Reply #11109 Posted: November 07, 2011, 04:56:29 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Spork;1445987
If you spent less time whining, and less time killing me, then you could have spent more time getting into the game. :P

Fuck nah. That's the only thing worthwhile about the entire multiplayer experience.
You want me to give that up too!?

It's a festering pack of poos with poor balance and small, ill though out maps.
Pretty much CoD4 with tanks. Only crap.

I expected much more. Certainly not worth the hype.
Fucking peggle is more fun than BF3.

It doesn't even deserve the title BF3. Should be BC3.
Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 05:51:53 pm by Pyromanik

Reply #11110 Posted: November 07, 2011, 05:37:49 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Growler;1446214
wtf.... where do you learn this, their home page is pretty fucking useless! I would of downloaded it had I known that.

Twitter.

Reply #11111 Posted: November 07, 2011, 05:45:29 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Quote from: Pyromanik;1446236
Fuck nah. That's the only thing worthwhile about the entire multiplayer experience.
You want me to give that up too!?

It's a festering pack of poos with poor balance and small, ill though out maps.
Pretty much CoD4 with tanks. Only crap.

I expected much more. Certainly not worth the hype.
Fucking peggle is more fun than BF3.

It doesn't even deserve the title BF3. Should be BC3.

Have you been hit by a bus recently? The quality of your trolling lately is seriously bad man.

Reply #11112 Posted: November 07, 2011, 09:28:36 pm

Offline Pyromanik

It's coz I'm not trolling. That's seriously what I think. Especially that last bit.

The reason I'm so ragey whingey in game is because I basically hate it. But people don't play anything else :/

With the single exception of Karg Island. That's a cool map. I basically don't have anything bad to say there.

...Except that it's still BF3. The unlock system is shit, and lends itself to fantastically retarded inbalance. And I hate shooting tanks with 5 rockets and having a single engy repair it faster than I can blow it up. And hitting a guy 5 times with a carbine and having them run away with 38 HP left. The fuck is up with that?
Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 10:28:01 pm by Pyromanik

Reply #11113 Posted: November 07, 2011, 10:07:35 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
COmparing it to a BC title is way too harsh, I agree that it isn't the same as BF2, but that's how shit happens.

Us BW peeps were talking about it on Mumble last night, we ended up putting it down to everyone just being older now, and gaming isn't as big for most people on this forum anymore, however, back in the BF2 days, we were all mad keen for it, so we loved it then, but now we jump into BF3 and aren't so amazed by it, simply because gaming isn't as fun anymore.

Having said that, I've had a hell of a lot of fun playing BF3 with clannies and other random GetSome noobs, I get as much thrill out of knifing someone in BF3 as I did in BF2, although obviously the knife/ dust fights aren't as good.

EDIT: How can you say the entire experience is shit, then say that there is nothing wrong with Karg?

Karg is definitely one of the best maps so far, but you should also try out Caspian, and the Canals one is pretty cool too.

I think there is a lot more variation between the maps, some are a lot more infantry based, and even then, some infantry based maps are based more on tighter combat, and some are looking more at the classic BF maps. It's Dice trying to please everyone, and while not sexually exciting anyone, they make everyone 'just happy'.
Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 10:19:24 pm by Spork

Reply #11114 Posted: November 07, 2011, 10:17:14 pm

Codex

Quote from: Growler;1446214

Friends :>

Quote from: Pyromanik;1446241
Twitter.

Nope. Although I do use it a fair bit snap don't update much unless there are outages etc

Sporks tags are delicious

Reply #11115 Posted: November 07, 2011, 10:25:13 pm

Offline Pyromanik

I've never played a game of Canals where one team didn't 100% dick the other. It's worse than Dalian plant when the Chinese got their shit together and capped out the US stealing an AH in the process.

Caspian is good... but lends itself to similar situation IF one team gets an upper hand. Teams have to be pretty even to keep shit balanced. It's probably my second favourite map. But I don't have a great experience with teamwork... so that fucks me over a bit too. That's more my fault than the game (not playing with clannies), but it still leaves a bit of a bitter taste.

And no way man. It's totally BC3. It simply doesn't have the scale and opportunity that a proper BF game offers. It's clampped right down to where it should be good... but then they fuck it all up with unlock retardery and super crap maps.

Unlocks in BF2 and BC2 at least didn't really impact your gameplay at all. With the exception of smoke in the tank in BC2. BF3 has exacerbated the entire thing to the point of retardery. Mish put it best:
"So you get completely fucking dicked over and have to grind your way up, at which point your KDR is so fucked it's pretty much not worth the effort, and the game has lost any appeal that it had to keep you playing."
Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 10:29:58 pm by Pyromanik

Reply #11116 Posted: November 07, 2011, 10:27:25 pm

Codex

I hardly use any unlocks tbh, they're not a huge deal. The only undefault weapons I have used is the sv98 lol

Reply #11117 Posted: November 07, 2011, 10:29:43 pm

Offline Pyromanik

I was kinda meaning things more like flares, and smoke. The kinda shit that comes in REALLY fucking handy when it's time to put up a fight. And shit like the Javelin... which actually seems to do damage to tanks.
Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 10:35:08 pm by Pyromanik

Reply #11118 Posted: November 07, 2011, 10:30:45 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Yea, that is one thing which I will definitely agree with, that they have rooted the unlock system, and there is absolutely NO REASON!!!11 to do so.

I also agree that the maps are too small, including Karg and Caspain and Firestorm. It's not that big a deal if you never touch a vehicle in BF3, but if you didn't have a vehicle in some of the previous BF titles, then you were pretty well stuffed. Then once again, that is just Dice trying to please everyone.

Reply #11119 Posted: November 07, 2011, 10:43:27 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
It's amazing how most players have really put the hours in already. I'm only just at rank 5 now, and the game has only been out a week or 2, yet most of the time there will only be one or 2 others under rank 10 on the server with me.

Reply #11120 Posted: November 08, 2011, 07:00:24 am

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline Pyromanik

Quote from: Spork;1446375
Yea, that is one thing which I will definitely agree with, that they have rooted the unlock system, and there is absolutely NO REASON!!!11 to do so.

I also agree that the maps are too small, including Karg and Caspain and Firestorm. It's not that big a deal if you never touch a vehicle in BF3, but if you didn't have a vehicle in some of the previous BF titles, then you were pretty well stuffed. Then once again, that is just Dice trying to please everyone.

Not trying to keep everyone happy at all. They're simply appealing to console on their "PC is the main platform" shooter.
And yeh, even Karg is too small... but at least it's the best of the worst. It's a reasonable size, the flags are dispersed, and the sides are pretty well balanced.
That said I hit a tank with 14 rockets the other day. It was still about 60Hp when it killed me (no repairing, I was in a helo).

Reply #11121 Posted: November 08, 2011, 08:12:33 am

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
You have to nail the tank in the back sweet spot with every single rocket to get the kill in one pass solo.
I like it, takes some skill instead of being piss easy. It's pretty easy with a gunner to take out the tanks tbh.

Reply #11122 Posted: November 08, 2011, 10:12:42 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Yep, I got my first tank kill from the gunner seat. Can't remember who was flying, but it was on Karg I think, and we flew over it, he hammered it with about 5-6 rockets, and I finished it off with the spud gun.

Reply #11123 Posted: November 08, 2011, 10:48:00 am

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Dr Woomanchu;1446408
It's amazing how most players have really put the hours in already. I'm only just at rank 5 now, and the game has only been out a week or 2, yet most of the time there will only be one or 2 others under rank 10 on the server with me.
Yeah a lot of people are hitting the 20 mark now. Which playing above average is ~15hrs of play time, its a good response from people and I think EA/DICE will be happy with that.

Reply #11124 Posted: November 08, 2011, 10:55:39 am
-= Sad pug is sad =-