Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Quote from: Zarkov;1447011
Rush out and buy an iphone.

Too late.

But far from the latest one. :P

Reply #11150 Posted: November 09, 2011, 07:29:58 pm

Codex

Reply #11151 Posted: November 09, 2011, 07:34:42 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!

Reply #11152 Posted: November 09, 2011, 07:35:15 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Quote from: Codex;1447018
Sweet now get a big boys phone

Yea, I think I'll pass on getting a new phone every half an hour just because I'm a consumerist whore named Alex.

[/grim]

Reply #11153 Posted: November 09, 2011, 07:36:35 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.

Reply #11154 Posted: November 09, 2011, 07:50:26 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Codex

Quote from: Spork;1447021
Yea, I think I'll pass on getting a new phone every half an hour just because I'm a consumerist whore named Alex.

[/grim]

You missed the point, aka lose the iphone :P they're pretty bad. The only reason I have mine is because I got it for free rofl

Reply #11155 Posted: November 09, 2011, 10:26:54 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
What's bad about it?

I have the 3gs, now you have to remember that it is now 2+ years old. It's easy to use, has good games, brilliant internet browsing, makes phone calls and I've never had it turn off randomly or freeze (except when I messed up trying to crack it).

The only complaint I have is about itunes, and that you cant fully customize the ring tones, but that isn't much of an issue at all, especially as my phone is on silent 99% of the time.

Reply #11156 Posted: November 09, 2011, 10:35:39 pm

Codex

3gs is what I have also. It's pretty locked down and a pita to do simple things like dl a file. Internet browser is less than average. Have frozen mine plenty. It's pretty damn slow and im not even using ios5 rofl

Reply #11157 Posted: November 09, 2011, 10:40:46 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: RetardoBot;1446808
I think you've grown too cynical for video games, Pyro.

Also, wimmenz complaining on da internets: http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/digital-living/5928943/Troll-attack-campaign-goes-viral

Someone needs to hold a 3 day seminar, then invite NZ's mainstream media so they can be taught what an actual troll is.

I wonder if those stupid slappers realised that most of those people don't realise they're fucked up feminists?

Who the fuck let them out of the kitchen in the first place?

*(irony intentional)

Retards that harp on about rape like it's a good thing should have a broomstick shoved up their arse.
Little fuckers should die in a fire.
Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 10:44:08 pm by Pyromanik

Reply #11158 Posted: November 09, 2011, 10:40:57 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: Codex;1447070
3gs is what I have also. It's pretty locked down and a pita to do simple things like dl a file. Internet browser is less than average. Have frozen mine plenty. It's pretty damn slow and im not even using ios5 rofl

I use my PC to download files. :P

Not sure what files you would need on your phone? Except for stuff bought from the store. Everyone who I've talked to, even those with the latest and greatest androids say that the iphone's web browser is superior.

Reply #11159 Posted: November 09, 2011, 10:48:06 pm

Codex

Tbh I prefer wp7 browser, although will never get wp7.

Reply #11160 Posted: November 09, 2011, 10:51:01 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Spork;1447077
I use my PC to download files. :P

Not sure what files you would need on your phone? Except for stuff bought from the store. Everyone who I've talked to, even those with the latest and greatest androids say that the iphone's web browser is superior.

Well they're fuck'n retarded. It's the same browser.
Although modern Androids use the Chrome JS engine now instead of the Safari one.
And that improved it some 200% or something.

Reply #11161 Posted: November 09, 2011, 10:53:41 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: Pyromanik;1447082
Well they're fuck'n retarded. It's the same browser.
Although modern Androids use the Chrome JS engine now instead of the Safari one.
And that improved it some 200% or something.

Dude, you really need to get off the drugs or what ever you are doing lately, it's messing you up, but I would appreciate it if you could not be as shallow as to insult people who you do not even know (however, I do understand that you have to resort to insults to get your 'point' across). You can say that the new androids are a billion times better, but two of my friends did previously have iphones and one now has the Samasung Galaxy S2 or what ever, and the other one has the previous model to that, and they are both a bit clunkier in comparison (still just talking about the web browsing). I have no reason to lie about this, I am no Apple fan boy, I'm just saying what I have experienced.

Reply #11162 Posted: November 10, 2011, 01:44:37 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Now that Telecom has released pricing for the iPhone (3GS, 4 & 4S) I'm tempted to get a 4S.

I wonder if Telecom will take rep as currency.

Reply #11163 Posted: November 10, 2011, 08:08:12 am

Codex

Quote from: Spork;1447122
Dude, you really need to get off the drugs or what ever you are doing lately, it's messing you up, but I would appreciate it if you could not be as shallow as to insult people who you do not even know (however, I do understand that you have to resort to insults to get your 'point' across). You can say that the new androids are a billion times better, but two of my friends did previously have iphones and one now has the Samasung Galaxy S2 or what ever, and the other one has the previous model to that, and they are both a bit clunkier in comparison (still just talking about the web browsing). I have no reason to lie about this, I am no Apple fan boy, I'm just saying what I have experienced.

Just because they have a newish droid doesn't mean they're using a good rom, if they're using the stock rom then they'll be using the shitty build with the older browser.

Reply #11164 Posted: November 10, 2011, 08:58:32 am

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
Quote from: Codex;1447137
Just because they have a newish droid doesn't mean they're using a good rom, if they're using the stock rom then they'll be using the shitty build with the older browser.

This is pretty much the biggest problem with android. Someone's says I don't like the android browser, or the android keyboard, or the android music player. Iphone is the better.  But the whole point of android, is all of that is customisable. I mean one of my friends was saying he played around with an android, but didn't like it because it felt slow compared to iphone.

Reply #11165 Posted: November 10, 2011, 09:36:23 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
My ASUS Eee Pad 10.1 with a Tegra 2 is pretty slow at times, most of the time actually. It's clunky and has real difficulty with typing in text boxes inside of a web browser - it lags terribly.

Thinking about trading it in for the 4S.

Reply #11166 Posted: November 10, 2011, 09:42:36 am

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
is an android easy to update roms etc?

by easy I mean, plug it in, itunes pops up and updates your phone easy?

or do you have to hunt shit out etc to get what you want?

I think that could be where the iphone wins, your average joe can use it ;)

Reply #11167 Posted: November 10, 2011, 09:45:56 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

I understand that you have to acquire the correct rom build for your model/unit. And then it's not as easy as just a few simple clicks (like Jailbreaking).

Reply #11168 Posted: November 10, 2011, 09:51:27 am

Codex

Quote from: Growler;1447153
is an android easy to update roms etc?

by easy I mean, plug it in, itunes pops up and updates your phone easy?

or do you have to hunt shit out etc to get what you want?

I think that could be where the iphone wins, your average joe can use it ;)

It is as hard or as difficult as you want it to be.

Most devices are one click root these days (At the most putting in recovery mode like you do when jailbreaking)

Quote from: RetardoBot;1447154
I understand that you have to acquire the correct rom build for your model/unit. And then it's not as easy as just a few simple clicks (like Jailbreaking).
If you plan to JB you probably want the untethered jailbreak for ios5 and 4s to be released first

Reply #11169 Posted: November 10, 2011, 10:34:22 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Hmm, I'll have to find out what they are using, but they are all geeks, so I'd expect them to know what to do, but ten i wouldn't be surprised.

Oh yea, the other bad thing about te iPhone is the auto correct, but that can be turned off, or perhaps just have fat thumbs. :-P
Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 10:55:38 am by Spork

Reply #11170 Posted: November 10, 2011, 10:53:27 am

Offline Menial

• Addicted
  • Menial is working their way up.Menial is working their way up.Menial is working their way up.
Quote from: Spork;1447122

I think he means both use the webkit engine.. and he's right.

There's plenty of reasons why you'd want to download a file :s

I'm not sure if srs tbh.

Reply #11171 Posted: November 10, 2011, 11:37:00 am

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Codex;1447161

Most devices are one click root these days

oh fnar fnar!

ChCh people should go to the A&P Show: they have a big sign saying "BACON" outside one of the food stalls. Geology had a display there about the Greendale Fault and affect on farming. All sorts of people trying to sell all sorts of crap. I sneered at the ACT and Conservative Party stallholders.

Traction engines and Woodchopping are fucking cool!

Reply #11172 Posted: November 10, 2011, 11:38:38 am
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1447176
Traction engines and Woodchopping are fucking cool!

Yes, yes they are.

Reply #11173 Posted: November 10, 2011, 11:41:55 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Woodchopping makes for an epic TV sport.

Crazy power.

Also, Codex, sent you an email mang.

Reply #11174 Posted: November 10, 2011, 12:03:07 pm