Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
Have never worked in the Public sector - although both my parents have. My job now is private, small business (very new to me). I have worked for Australian-owned intl. franchises (Thrifty Car Rental and Instant Windscreens & Tinting) and NGOs / Maori organisatiosn (Te Runanga o Ngai Tahu) and then medium sized private sector companies owned by Ngai Tahu.

I love working with my people so NT was great, and I think it would be similar in the Public sector - very rewarding, great atmosphere and sense of achievement. You're working to better people's lives, not just in a monetary sense. The downside was probably the high job-security leading to many people not trying very hard, and probably working backwards for the overall objectives of the organisation.

Whereas the private sector you're just lining some fat-cats pocket. In this new job, it's a small business (4 employees + owner), and you do feel a bit more responsible because your actions directly influence whether or not you have a job tomorrow. The other thing about the private sector that I do like is the competition, and the cut-and-thrust nature of business. You've got to put our company on the front foot and try to beat the others out in the market.

The biggest downside of my current job is probably working with Speakman, he smells of BlackWatch and his beard is intimidating. Some days, I'm so scared of his facial hair that I send him to the bakery to get my lunch just so I can have a few minutes of relief.
Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 12:17:17 pm by Tandoori

Reply #11300 Posted: November 18, 2011, 12:14:43 pm

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
Quote from: Hori88;1449506
Some days, I'm so scared of his facial hair that I send him to the bakery to get my lunch just so I can have a few minutes of relief.

He's been secretly hiding little bits of his beard in your lunch, hoping that they will germinate and that you too will grow a mighty man mane!

Reply #11301 Posted: November 18, 2011, 02:03:58 pm

Codex

Quote from: Pitchey;1449537
He's been secretly hiding little bits of his beard in your lunch, hoping that they will germinate and that you too will grow a mighty man mane!

Liek dis?

Reply #11302 Posted: November 18, 2011, 02:18:06 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Pitchey;1449537

It's funny, cause I also hide little bits of his lunch in my beard, for later

Reply #11303 Posted: November 18, 2011, 02:41:26 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!

Reply #11304 Posted: November 18, 2011, 03:21:43 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!

Reply #11305 Posted: November 18, 2011, 03:37:15 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!

Reply #11306 Posted: November 18, 2011, 04:16:50 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
Quote from: Growler;1449564
You and Hori work at the same pimp store?

Staff theft is an ever-increasing issue.

Reply #11307 Posted: November 18, 2011, 04:22:18 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
That is actually a pretty awesome pic of the cat. :P

Reply #11308 Posted: November 18, 2011, 04:30:05 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!

Reply #11309 Posted: November 18, 2011, 04:32:47 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
Didn't you just get that job, you sound like a lazy little gollywog.

Reply #11310 Posted: November 18, 2011, 04:36:54 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Quote from: RetardoBot;1449592
WTB: new job.

I want to walk in to traffic.

Ask Zarkov about how he became a cat?

Reply #11311 Posted: November 18, 2011, 04:37:06 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Hori88;1449593
Didn't you just get that job, you sound like a lazy little gollywog.

Fully bro.

Only lazy cunts work weekends.

Reply #11312 Posted: November 18, 2011, 04:54:14 pm

Offline Speakman

I kinda miss working weekends. Still prefer mon-fri though

Reply #11313 Posted: November 18, 2011, 04:57:40 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted

Can't get embedding to work.

In other news, I have only just noticed that I reached 4000 posts the other day. But apparently, after nearly 5 years this is not a big achievement.

Quality > Quantity I guess.

Reply #11314 Posted: November 18, 2011, 04:58:34 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!

Reply #11315 Posted: November 18, 2011, 07:55:19 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Yes, but Hori, I have 22k posts of pure quality.

Quote from: Speakman;1449601
I kinda miss working weekends. Still prefer mon-fri though

Heh, nah, bugger that, I love not working weekends.

Even though I work one in two. :P

I love my job, at least at the moment, I've been looking forward to going to work, it's a great thing that I've got going on, at least for now.

Reply #11316 Posted: November 18, 2011, 08:22:19 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Codex;1449480
holden astra loooool

OH MY GOD WHAT A FUCKING TERRIBLE MISTAKE

Reply #11317 Posted: November 18, 2011, 09:13:59 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
ROFL
Join BF3 clan server. Dominate the fuck out of everyone in the littlebird. Player from clan joins. He's rank 1. Instantly jumps into mobile AA and kills me. I kill his mobile AA, then he shoots me. I start capping flag with attack heli. I get banned mid cap. No warning.

Get killed twice BY the guy, and he still so mad he bans me.

Suddenly just realised he was on the losing team. Will be on winning team by now.
Fucking stats whore retards.

Clanname "MAD". Must pretty much sum it up.

Reply #11318 Posted: November 18, 2011, 10:13:06 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Codex

Quote from: Pyromanik;1449702

why?

Reply #11319 Posted: November 19, 2011, 12:19:44 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: Pyromanik;1449702

That's what your mum said.

Reply #11320 Posted: November 19, 2011, 12:29:59 pm

Offline Speakman

Reply #11321 Posted: November 19, 2011, 12:38:49 pm

Codex

Quote from: Speakman;1449798
at least it's not a RAV4

Haha she wants a rav4 mini :P

Reply #11322 Posted: November 19, 2011, 02:05:13 pm

Obble

Quote from: Pyromanik;1449714
ROFL
Join BF3 clan server. Dominate the fuck out of everyone in the littlebird. Player from clan joins. He's rank 1. Instantly jumps into mobile AA and kills me. I kill his mobile AA, then he shoots me. I start capping flag with attack heli. I get banned mid cap. No warning.

Get killed twice BY the guy, and he still so mad he bans me.

Suddenly just realised he was on the losing team. Will be on winning team by now.
Fucking stats whore retards.

Clanname "MAD". Must pretty much sum it up.

Yeah well, i got banned from a clan server last night, for drawing dicks on the carrier with the gas torch.

THEN I WENT ON GetSome, raped up in the little bird, me > bw etc etc. ( :p )

Couldn't tell where the RPGS were hitting me from, turns out it was fucking Spork sitting in the back, trying to sabotage me.
Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 02:12:25 pm by Obble

Reply #11323 Posted: November 19, 2011, 02:09:20 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Hahahahahaha, fairly sure it was thanks to me that you did so well, my repair torch kept you alive on multiple occasions, even if it was me who was causing most of the damage!

Turns out it is not a good idea at all to fire rockets out of the little bird, no matter what angle.

Reply #11324 Posted: November 19, 2011, 03:19:07 pm