Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
My puter is dead.

My lower intestine needs emptying.

I'm looking forward to the weekend.

Mrs. parents have left town.

Mrs. is sick.

I'm totes horny.

Reply #11775 Posted: January 27, 2012, 03:17:40 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
Didn't you just get that computer? What the hell dawg?

Reply #11776 Posted: January 27, 2012, 03:24:10 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!

Reply #11777 Posted: January 27, 2012, 03:26:32 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
It feels like I just got it huh. Looking at the invoice, it shows that I have had it for about 9-10 months.

Crazy.

Well, the PSU and motherboard are not the problem. My next guess is the CPU.

Off to CSFaith's place tonight to do poos in his PSU.

Reply #11778 Posted: January 27, 2012, 03:30:54 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
Quote from: RetardoBot;1464532
It feels like I just got it huh. Looking at the invoice, it shows that I have had it for about 9-10 months.

Crazy.

Best of luck mate, keep us updated on the progress, whilst I start operation: 'easywalk' and attempt to resurrect long forgotten terabyte harddrives.

Reply #11779 Posted: January 27, 2012, 03:41:30 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
Quote from: RetardoBot;1464532

Crazy.

2 most common faults with desktops are memory failure or power failure, cross fingers and hope it's the PSU.

Reply #11780 Posted: January 27, 2012, 03:46:27 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Had the PSU replaced and still the issue persists. CL have tested the mobo and that shows no sign of foul play.

All my money is on the CPU at this stage.

Reply #11781 Posted: January 27, 2012, 03:51:46 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
I'd be inclined to point the finger at memory before cpu (plus its the easiest thing to test for, and to swap out)

Reply #11782 Posted: January 27, 2012, 04:00:07 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
Quote from: Speakman;1464545
I'd be inclined to point the finger at memory before cpu (plus its the easiest thing to test for, and to swap out)

Dead right.

I had a look on your thread rii, and you said you'd swapped the memory over the slots? But have you tried fresh sticks?

Reply #11783 Posted: January 27, 2012, 04:01:31 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

I don't beleive memory is the issue.

Same problem with or without RAM being plugged in. When the RAM isn't plugged in, and if it was the issue, I'd expect the mobo to attempt to boot and throw out a stream of beeps saying NO FUCKING RAM DICK SMOKER, TURN ME OFF.

Issue is PC wont boot, not even for a second. A flicker of power is all I get.
Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 04:19:20 pm by Retardobot

Reply #11784 Posted: January 27, 2012, 04:16:56 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted

Reply #11785 Posted: January 27, 2012, 04:22:01 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Weird idea.... Have you tried a different fuse/hot-point in your house? Maybe the power delivery to that hot-point is dodgy.

Reply #11786 Posted: January 27, 2012, 04:23:18 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: Xenolightning;1464559
Weird idea.... Have you tried a different fuse/hot-point in your house? Maybe the power delivery to that hot-point is dodgy.

Exactly what I thought. Tried multiple hot points in different rooms. Same issue.

Reply #11787 Posted: January 27, 2012, 04:26:00 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
hmm

next step would be a reseat of the CPU I'd say. Its surprising the difference taking it out and putting it straight back in can make

Reply #11788 Posted: January 27, 2012, 05:08:32 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: Speakman;1464573
hmm

next step would be a reseat of the CPU I'd say. Its surprising the difference taking it out and putting it straight back in can make

Done this 3 times :(

If I get to the end of this and find out that somewhere my case is causing my mobo to short-out then I'm going to power-fap to speed-metal.

Reply #11789 Posted: January 27, 2012, 05:13:34 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma - Patrick Star

Reply #11790 Posted: January 27, 2012, 05:19:14 pm

Codex

Quote from: RetardoBot;1464556
I don't beleive memory is the issue.

Same problem with or without RAM being plugged in. When the RAM isn't plugged in, and if it was the issue, I'd expect the mobo to attempt to boot and throw out a stream of beeps saying NO FUCKING RAM DICK SMOKER, TURN ME OFF.

Issue is PC wont boot, not even for a second. A flicker of power is all I get.

Flicker of power? Dim led's at all anywhere? We get this all the time at work when a psu cap is dodgy or a mobo cap goes poof

Reply #11791 Posted: January 27, 2012, 06:54:21 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Quote from: Super_Hori;1464506
What Rii said. Any more than $250 and you're being gypped.

But I'm selling!

Selling to my dad for his beach house though, so don't want to rip him off, but neither do I want to give it off too cheap..

Reply #11792 Posted: January 27, 2012, 07:09:21 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
You should give it to him for free and be fuckin happy to.

fuckin ungrateful offspring mumble mumble mumble

Reply #11793 Posted: January 27, 2012, 08:46:58 pm

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: Codex;1464603
Flicker of power? Dim led's at all anywhere? We get this all the time at work when a psu cap is dodgy or a mobo cap goes poof

LEDs in the fans go along with a couple on the mobo (as well as the fans attempting to spin up). Mobo has been tested by CL and shown to be fault free. PSU has been tested AND replaced with a brand new unit.

Reply #11794 Posted: January 27, 2012, 09:02:20 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
Quote from: Dr Woomanchu;1464624
You should give it to him for free and be fuckin happy to.

fuckin ungrateful offspring mumble mumble mumble

Admittedly the father does want it 'for his beach house'... gypp on, I say!

Reply #11795 Posted: January 27, 2012, 09:48:15 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Quote from: Super_Hori;1464636
Admittedly the father does want it 'for his beach house'... gypp on, I say!

Exactly.

Reply #11796 Posted: January 28, 2012, 10:46:31 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!

Reply #11797 Posted: January 28, 2012, 11:12:39 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline CSfaith

• Devoted Member
  • CSfaith has no influence.
Quote from: winter;1463693
Man, seriously.. I $#@!ing love Malt biscuits - they're not even fancy or nothing.. just straight malt, dip that $#@! in milk and you have a mouth biscuit
festival VIP ticket.

;D

God dam winter - I could not agree with you more ! Also another good one is superwines ! and MilkMilkMilkmilky, im getting all milky thinking about it !

Reply #11798 Posted: January 28, 2012, 11:14:19 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: Growler;1464000
Hope the clouds clear tonight!

I might go on an aurora hunt.

Any luck?

Reply #11799 Posted: January 28, 2012, 11:24:13 am