Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Goon.

Bloody great movie. Like Waterboy but with a shit load more heart & soul.

Stacks of laughs. Sean William Scoot does a great job that you forget it's Sean William Scott.

Fully deserves the 7.5/10 IMDB rating.

Reply #12325 Posted: March 28, 2012, 11:58:57 am

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Nice^
Stake land was much better than I expected (watched it last night). 4/5 imo

Reply #12326 Posted: March 28, 2012, 01:32:47 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Downloading both Goon and Waterboy right now, thanks Rii. <3

Haven't seen Waterboy in a long time, and haven't ever seen Goon.

Reply #12327 Posted: March 28, 2012, 08:13:29 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.

Reply #12328 Posted: March 28, 2012, 08:32:16 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Random customer at work 'Do we get any pensioner's discount?'
Spork: 'No, sorry'
RC: 'We do at X'
WhatSporkWantsToSay: 'Oh, well in that case, considering I, someone who hasn't been with this nation wide company for six months am obviously in charge of what discounts we offer, I will change our policies completely simply because you just informed me that some company whom I have never even heard of offers the discount'.
WhatSporkReallyDid: Blank stare.
RC: Blank disapproving stare.

I mean, what do these customers actually expect?

Reply #12329 Posted: March 28, 2012, 09:35:02 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
I wish you could charge people who ask silly questions like that more money, like a stupid question tax. And also be able to give discounts to good/easy to deal with/nice customers. I guess I am looking for a monetary form of karma.

Reply #12330 Posted: March 28, 2012, 09:40:16 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
That you've been instructed by the upper management to not hand out discounts willy nilly, but you actually can.
Or for you to ask upper management if you can give them a discount.

Eg. Quite a few places do price matching, but don't advertise it.
Even then though it's usually got conditions like 'full retail', which excludes things like pension discounts, sales, etc.

Reply #12331 Posted: March 28, 2012, 09:41:09 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
To be honest, you don't know until you ask. And large telcos bank on you not asking because of the ridiculous charges they can get away with.

Reply #12332 Posted: March 28, 2012, 09:43:44 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Yea, but Pensioners discount is a pretty big thing - or at least it is in Aus. All the oldies have a card, and theres a bit system for it. The company I work for is one of the biggest in Australia. Not some small tinpot show with uncertain policies. I said 'no, sorry' when asked. It's not something which anyone can just give out when they want. Companies either give a pensioner's discount or they don't.

I mean, if they were actually buying something worth the discount, instead of a DVD, then maybe I'd accept them pushing for it, but just the way they asked, it was as if I had insulted them personally by saying that we don't.

Just made me want to slap them for being such a douche even though they quite possibly weren't at all.

EDIT: Also, yes, he did ask, and as I said - I said no, then he mentioned about the other company. If he had said something like 'could you ask your supervisor' or something like that, then it would've been different, but he didn't.

Just a stupid way of asking.

[/WhiteSporkWhine]
Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 11:22:10 pm by Spork

Reply #12333 Posted: March 28, 2012, 11:19:03 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!

Reply #12334 Posted: March 29, 2012, 08:26:40 am

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.

Reply #12335 Posted: March 29, 2012, 08:38:11 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

^Haha.

The creator of asdfmovie 2 & 3 died yesterday of cancer.

Reply #12336 Posted: March 29, 2012, 08:44:12 am

Offline camy205

• Addicted
  • camy205 barely matters.camy205 barely matters.
So GetSome, I have a question.... How do you get over a girl who doesn't love you back when you have to see her at work twice a week?
Got kinda heartbroken last night :(

Reply #12337 Posted: March 29, 2012, 10:54:35 am
Quote from: Craigorsarus;1484182
GetSome Thread - Generic Timeline:

- Actual Topic
 - Variation of Topic
 - Someone calls someone a retard
 - Fight
 - Actual Topic
 - Fight
 - Troll
 - Your Mum
 - You\'re*
 - TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL
 - What is this thread about?

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: camy205;1477638
So GetSome, I have a question.... How do you get over a girl who doesn't love you back when you have to see her at work twice a week?

Did a relationship turn sour, or did you tell her how you felt about her after being friends?

Reply #12338 Posted: March 29, 2012, 11:01:08 am

Offline camy205

• Addicted
Good friends, thought we had something recently. Her friends told me she always go on about me, talked to her everyday. Finally told her how I felt then I got hit up with the whole "lets be friends" crap.

Reply #12339 Posted: March 29, 2012, 11:09:04 am

- Actual Topic
 - Variation of Topic
 - Fight
 - Actual Topic
 - Fight
 - Troll
 - Your Mum
 - You\'re*
 - TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Ask her to be fuck buddies, stick it in her butt.

Reply #12340 Posted: March 29, 2012, 11:09:15 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Quote from: camy205;1477638

Don't let it get to you bro.
Happens all the time, we've all been rejected. It sucks.
Just keep being awesome and another better one will come along.

Reply #12341 Posted: March 29, 2012, 11:11:24 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: camy205;1477641
Good friends, thought we had something recently. Her friends told me she always go on about me, talked to her everyday. Finally told her how I felt then I got hit up with the whole "lets be friends" crap.

I'd ignore her.

Can't stand women who pull that shit "let's be friends". You may be seen as being selfish but you wont ever look at her the same with how you feel about her. In part, it's selfish of her to think you could just be friends providing you were straight up with her.

I fucking commend you good sir for strapping up and letting her know how you feel. She may come around but don't count on it.

I've had it happen before, except I never told her how I felt, and I'm glad because she turned into a Greenpeace hippie.

Also, I can attest to bar wenches being generally retarded and callouss (if you still are working in a club).

Tricksy bitches.
Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 11:16:35 am by Retardobot

Reply #12342 Posted: March 29, 2012, 11:14:13 am

Offline Emrico1

Quote from: RetardoBot;1477645

I fucking commend you good sir for strapping up and letting her know how you feel. She may come around but don't count on it.

Tricksy bitches.

^This

A day will come soon when she needs someone... Guess who's available and guaranteed... Mr Camy San.
Stay cool, act like nothing has happened... Now we wait.

Reply #12343 Posted: March 29, 2012, 11:17:47 am

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
yeah, try spend less time with her.... she might realise she does want more.  Then stick it in her butt and rodeo all the way home!  has she got a sister, fuck her sister too, and her mum.  Sure fire way to a committed relationship is sleeping with the rest of the family!

Reply #12344 Posted: March 29, 2012, 11:20:35 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

P.S.

Me and Em know you're a sexy bitch. I would have totally taken you home when we met at xLAN.

Disregard what I said, fuck dem hoes like Growler suggest.

Reply #12345 Posted: March 29, 2012, 11:20:46 am

Offline Growler

hey Em & Ri, we should so start a talk show for men. Would be a HUGE success...!

BBB  Beer, Bacon & Broads

Reply #12346 Posted: March 29, 2012, 11:23:44 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...

Reply #12347 Posted: March 29, 2012, 11:24:00 am

Offline camy205

• Addicted
Quote from: Emrico1;1477647
^This

A day will come soon when she needs someone... Guess who's available and guaranteed... Mr Camy San.
Stay cool, act like nothing has happened... Now we wait.

Yup, pretty much told her "oh it's cool" when really i was crushed, then my mate said, "hey man, go talk to that chick" 2 minutes later.... i'm hooking up with her!  The girl is off to aussie 3 weeks soon, let's see if the "absence makes the heart grow stronger" saying is true ;)
Cheers boys  *GetSome love*

BTW: Fuck bitches get money

Your sexy too Rii and Em
Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 11:28:59 am by camy205

Reply #12348 Posted: March 29, 2012, 11:25:39 am

- Actual Topic
 - Variation of Topic
 - Fight
 - Actual Topic
 - Fight
 - Troll
 - Your Mum
 - You\'re*
 - TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Talk show? We'd need an entire network to share our awesomeness!

One of our shows would be making fun of politicians, we'd call it DISREGARD THAT, I SUCK COCKS.

Reply #12349 Posted: March 29, 2012, 11:25:58 am